Online - Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
Sorry for being very morbid, but I can't help wondering how many forumites have died in real life...Think about it, there are people who may post very regularly for a long time and all of a sudden they stop... have they simply gotten fed up with the site or have they died suddenly/tragically/from an illness? We have no way of finding out what fate deals our online buddies and its disturbing to think that some people you may have argued/joked with have since passed on.

finti
its called living, no more no less

KillTheLight
I sometimes wonder the same thing.But there are lots of reason people stop posting sometimes and one of them is called 'life' circumstances change and not always for the bad.

Jackie Malfoy
I like your avator in your siggy! ^Anyway what a sad thought.That one of the people that are a member here died.I mean I think we really get to know each other on this site.
That is too sad to think about.JM

KillTheLight
thanx and yeah I agree it's a sad thought.

SlipknoT
They may have been taken hostage but never returned, or kidnapped.

Alpha Centauri
What would you do if you found out everyone on this forum was the same person besides you?

-AC

pr1983
f*ck off alpha seriously, thats not funny...

Jedi Priestess
Funny you should mention that. There was a person that posted regularly in the SW section and he disappeared over Labor Day weekend. We honestly do think something may have happened. sad

GCG
EH ?

Imaginary
I often think the same thing....

finti
meaning it is the way of life so I dont bother thinking of it

GCG
post respected : but only cause you are LUFC fan

finti
big grin enlighten me GCG, its been a long time since Ive posted anything about LUFC so where did that info come from

finti
ooops of course it is still in my profile embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Myth
Wait till a loved one dies. You won't just say, "its called living, no more no less".

GCG
back on topic ; we dont know eachother vis-a-vis but WHAT we mostly experisnce in forums like these is interaction with someone in another part of this earth. we may find this person as humorous or intellectual; we may also find this person as a form of experienced guru from which we may learn.

thinking about it, one may realise, in certain cases, that no matter this person has in some form or another, contributed to a problem solving situations you have had lost control of or experienced difficulties.

Them difficulties being physical, social, financial, parental, medical or health.

And then all of a sudden his or her post tally just stops accumulating. these so called buddies are then lost in the 'handle' list each and every forum has. Does our surreal community allow this ?

moneypenny
People spend alot of time thinking about death which is inevitable, but perhaps we should rather be thinking of life.
Dr. Phil (can't believe I'm quoting Dr. Freaking Phil) once said that instead of remembering the one second someone close to you (or on this forum) died, we should be remembering the many years they were alive.
Was food for thought for me.

Corran
Remember the good times and celebrate those - sounds like a good wake to me, the Irish know how to have a wake and celebrate someone's life properly, I think that's what you should do.

finti
I have had that experience on numerous occassion so piss off about things you dont know anything about

Filth
Surely there are some but how many actually die in the middle of writing a reply?

fever red
Yes, I've had loved ones and friends die and that's EXACTLY what has led me to say, "that's life."
It's good to think about this inevitability; you then are more thankful to talk with friends.

WindDancer
Well, they die...they die. There will be people that are gonna feel sad about losing a fellow KMCer. Others (like me) just go on living till is our turn to go. For me whether I agree or disagree with anyone on a certain topic it won't change my world if they die or leave. Life goes on for those are alive. You can't stop living just becuase someone you communicated with in the past is now dead. That's life and death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.