thor,silversurfer vs thanos with a GL ring(no weakness)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
rules: this is classic thor not current and SS vs thanos with a green lantern ring(the ring has no weakness and doesnt need any recharging)

lantern ring=Green Lantern's ring, considered by some to be one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. It is also theorized that the ring also has a basis in other dimensional energies commonly called magic by users of such energies. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that was bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user.

Spiderninja008
.....thor and surfs take this and then go home in pain, nly to recover good as ne the next morning.

radioboy121
Thor and Silver Surfer should win this fight against Thanos. I'm unsure how creative Thanos can be with the ring, but I don't think it would be enough.

Krissy Von Doom
Thanos' personal power, without the ring surpasses the Surfer's, and Thanos' has the means of subduing Thor (with warriors madness). So giving Thanos a GL ring only ends the fight much quicker. eek!

Beyonder
Thanos would beat both down w/o the ring's aid. What have either done in their fights to prove they together can beat him. His strength is far above both. His durability is far above either them. Surfer got smacked out in one blow by Odin. Tyrant was kicking around Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Terrax, Surfer, etc. Thanos, however, took some of Tyrant's best shots and was still ticking when Tyrant's blast took out most of his own citadel. Thanos before being brought back from the dead beat down both Thing and Thor. Thanos now is more powerful; he'd step on both SS and Thor.

As for creativity, why would such a question be asked? The guys a genius and builds most of his own tech. How can he not have creativity?

juggernaut74
Thanos is evil a GL ring would not work if he had one.

Gregory
Didn't Sinestro use a Green Lantern ring? He was evil, too.

wrathofachilles
You guys dismiss Thor and Surfer much too quickly to be taken seriously. This isn't Thanos vs. one or the other, it's both together. Thanos could come away with a victory, but not necessarily. Both Thor and Surfer have given Thanos good fights, and Surfer and Thor are both superior to Green Lantern, thus the ring isn't that significant a boost. It could go either way.

supremthor
WHEN I SAID THANOS WITH THE RING I MENT THANOS WITH THE RING AND ITS POWERS AT HIS HANDS.

Beyonder
A GL ring isn't a significant bust? This is a megalomaniac genius that took over the universe several times. The kinds of things Thanos can do is beyond the imagination either Hal or Kyle could probably come up with. Thanos with the ring can easily remove Mjlornir from Thor's hand and construct Kurse, Mangog, Jormungand, Loki, & Juggernaut to put Thor down. Surfer would get murdered.

W/o the ring, Thanos has beaten out his clone, created by Magus w/ IG, who was much more powerful than the original. He fought Warrior Maddness Thor with the Power Gem. Made Odin pissed off and pull out Gungnir to try and put the Titan down, Thanos took it and more punishments. Surfer and Thor aren't going to be enough to put the Mad One down.

juggernaut74
Sinestro used to be a GL but was banished to the ani-matter universe of quard after he betrayed the corps where he obtained his yellow power ring.

wrathofachilles
The ring can teleport other beings into the battle? That's an insanely one-sided fight then. If Thanos can utilize that kind of ability, Thor and Surfer need to have something else to bring to the table.

Beyonder
blink Teleport?

Remove can mean teleport, but it can also meaning many other things (& teleporting isn't one of them). And I never said anything about teleporting anyone into a fight; I said construct. You do know the ring's powers don't you?

Krissy Von Doom
Although it's interesting that Thor (Eric Masterson), who's not as powerful as the real Thor, put a serious beat-down on a more powerful Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet
but
Real Thor with warrior madness and the power gem didn't fare as well against regular Thanos

wrathofachilles
I know the ring can magically create anything the wielder imagines, but is it capable of constructing all of those characters at once or even at their full power?

And didn't Thor fight Surfer, Drax, etc. along with Thanos? Warrior madness or not, he isn't invincible.....

...well now he is, but back then I mean.

supremthor
It all depands on the will an interlect of the user. that why the rinds weakness is the real weakness of the ring is the wearer. If wearer can be kept from focusing his will, through drug use, neural interference, vertigo or other form of mental incapacitation, then the ring can be rendered useless.

jinzin
Thanos+GL ring= A$$ rapage for everyone (even galactus is crying in the shower after this one)

eleveninches
The way i understand it is that when the ring is recharged, it opens a gateway to the central power battery. If hal with a gl ring could become parallax, then image how powerful thanos could be if he used the ring to get to absorb the central power battery

wrathofachilles
That's a big ass shower. I wonder what his water bill is...

I think this fight comes down to whichever one gets serious enough first, which means it will likely be Thanos. Surfer is a wimp most of the time, and Thor has to be pushed really far before he'll unleash. He can still take out Thanos with his godblast, ring or not, but Thanos is more likely to play for keeps right off the bat. It pays not to play fair wink

supremthor
wrathofachilles you seem to be forgetting the power of the lantern ring.

wrathofachilles
Yeah I just saw that your rule was the ring needed no recharging. Yet doesn't that go against the very nature of the ring? Doesn't it need the lantern?

supremthor
not really because Alan Scott the very first green lantern doesnt need any charging of any kind his power just doesnt effect wood objects.

supremthor
when alan scott was Sentinel he had no weakness at all and he was turned into a much younger man.

wrathofachilles
Shows you how much I know about Green Lantern, lol.

crazyspinz
thanos alone could take out SS and thor, well clasic thor

wrathofachilles
I don't think so, Surfer and Thor combined would be too much for 'Classic' Thanos. He's whipped up on Surfer plenty of times, but it's still a fight, and Surfer is always whining the entire time. I think of Thor helped him out it would cause Thanos to back down.

crazyspinz
i dont know, its classic thor, not current, and thanos beats SS around like a rag doll

wrathofachilles
True but Classic Thor is equal to Surfer in power so it's more than just an extra person. While Surfer was keeping Thanos busy Thor could bash him with his hammer or unleash a godforce blast. He probably wouldn't, but he could, lol.

supremthor
yes but that doesn't change the fact that thanos is smarter then them both and he can use the GL ring to absorb the god force and throw it back at SS sense he cant absorb the god force. I think thanos wth the GL would be one bad a$$ fu#ker even thougth he already is wthout the ring.

wrathofachilles
Thanos with the ring would probably win against Classic Thor, but I was responding in the sense that combined they would take out Thanos without the ring.

Cosmo Kramer
That ring is just a way of DC showing off their rich snobby characters.

picoico
Hand-to-hand, Thanos succumbs. Thanos as he is always written, I'd give it to Thanos. He's got some serious technolgy and some serious brains. King thor, classic thor, doesn't matter.

wrathofachilles
Yeah it does. Classic Thor and King Thor are highly different, and Thanos is not capable of taking down King Thor, even with a GL ring.

supremthor
not really the GL gives thanos the power to copy and use magic as well

wrathofachilles
Well then he might be capable with the ring, but hand-to-hand, no way is he going to take on King Thor and walk away without a serious limp or missing leg.

supremthor
is it f%cked up how powerful the power ring is

wrathofachilles
What's worse is how Green Lantern gets his ass kicked so much if he's supposed to be unstoppable, lol. Why would the Ring Council or Guardians or whatever choose such an uncreative weak-willed character to wield a ring?

supremthor
THANK YOU I THOUGHT I WASTHE ONLY PERSON WHO THOUGHT THAT WAY

wrathofachilles
Lol, I say they fire Hal or Kyle or whomever the hell is the GL and get Thanos!

supremthor
thank you give the ring to someone with a brain like thanos ho will so fu#king rock with the ring

eleveninches
I cant stand how the GL ring was meant to be one of the most powerful weapons in the DCU, but the original one had a weakness to WOOD, and the others (except kyles) have had a weakness to YELLOW!!!

It's like, "i've got the most powerful weapon ever created, with a power source as old as the universe itself, but I cant knock down a wooden treehouse, and I cant beat you if you wear yellow clothes."

wrathofachilles
Yellow? Ahahahahaha. That's classic. So basically Green Lantern is powerless next to the song 'Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree.'

supremthor
but kyles ring has no weakness

Bardock42

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.