Is this an hallucination?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yoda+the force
how do we know that what we see is the real world?
The government might be putting hallucinatory drugs into the food to hide how bad the world has actually become! and thats why we always eat loads of food as we've become addicted to the drugs it contains... And the recreational drugs make the hallucinatory drugs in the food inactive, allowing us to see the real world, and this is what you see when you're tripping out, (sometimes bad trips)...ergo thats why they are illegal as they dont want us to discover whats in the real world...

PARANOID YET?!

Happy Dance

cornponious
Actually, I'd call it A hallucination.

corn

ragesRemorse
Stop trying to glorify acid. I have tried, it is a lsot cause. Dude, i have tripped out many a time, and i have enver seen that. You must be watching the matrix while tripping or somthing.

WindDancer
You got it all wrong! Is the Fast Food industry that puts drugs in their food so that we get addicted and continue to buy their hamburgers and Fries. Didn't you watch Supersize Me? roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Lay off the Matrix.

The Omega
Paranoid?
No, tired of conspiracy theories...

finti
yes

The Omega
Finti> Well... DAMN... Well, if it's all just a hallucination I'll go run on walls!
(Whips of cell-phone and yells "Operator, get me an exit."wink

finti
pssst TO, it actually says this is not an hallucination. But thats the hallucinating part of it.............but dont tell

FeceMan
Ack, I hate all these Matrix-related questions. It is reality to me because I say it is. Whether or not I'm "jacked into" some false world, this is reality. I cut my finger and I feel pain. I vomit and I feel the contractions of my stomach and taste the foul matter that comes out of my mouth. I feel happiness at times and I feel sadness. If there was some sort of computer program that could duplicate these very emotions, perceptions, and sensations, then bravo, I would gladly live in a parallel world and call it reality.

yoda+the force
we didnt say anything about computers controlling reality
and just because youre on drugs doesn't mean you cant feel emotions, so it wouldnt affect pain.etc

Cipher
Only the first Matrix movie was any good........

yoda+the force
actually, i agree, the first matrix is the best, and i didnt even like that much....

lil bitchiness
Ok, number one, you used word 'ergo' and thus im going to forgive you for making this thread.

Nope, Im not paranoid, anything is possible but highly unlikely - just like your theory.

Darth Revan
You mean this thread? God I hope so.

*runs on walls of thread*

Jackie Malfoy
Sounds like you been watching too much of the Matricxs and The Trueman show.Even through we can never tell I think we are in the real world.
It would be cool however to be in a world like the Matricks!JM

yoda+the force
hehe...ahwell...see you guys didn't like our theory much...ahwell, fun is fun, hehe, and we was having fun...anyhu...
but seeing as we dont mean the matrix and aint spoken bowt it in that sense, you guys all seem preetty hooked to the matrix and know hell of alot more bowt in than us...lol

toodleypip

Happy Dance hehe...does any1 else love this crazy bananna,,,hes so happy!
LEARN FROM THE BANANNA!!! hehehe

Jackie Malfoy
Yea we are having fun!I love your bananna btw!JM

Dreampanther
Like somebody is going to hand out free drugs.

RIIIIIIGHT.

Bud, nothing in this world is free, what you have to realise is, this IS the real world, so start living in it.

JamalMagloire
They never mentioned that in the movie.

FeceMan
If it was a government induced fantasy (lol, that sounds humorous), would we be allowed to know history? Would we know about the Revolutionary War or the Civil War or Hitler or Stalin or even the non-violent historical figures?

The government would make it so that everyone would be happy all the time--"One cubic centimeter cures ten gloomy sentiments!"

supertruper
I don't remember hearing that... doesn't sound plausible to me, either.

Darth Revan
That's kinda the whole concept though, if it was a "government induced fantasy" (laughing out loud ) as you put it, it would be impossible to tell if anything we thought we knew was actually true or not. Course it's a load of crap in the first place...

FeceMan

Scarpa
I think someones off there medication

JamalMagloire
I vote this for happy thought of the day. wink

crazyguy33
wow.i tort i was messed up.

sim0921
You ppl are weird. Seriously. I have a f*ckin headache, and this sh*t just made me feel a whole lot better. Thank you no expression hang
Anyhow, even if, lets say, in an absurd way it is only in our heads, then id rather not try to find out the truth." Ignorance is bliss" wink

leonheartmm
i wouldnt quite say that the government puts stuff in food which has haluccinagenic properties{thas kinda ridiculous} but fortunately for the government, they dont need to cause they already control what enters ur mind through indirect ways to such a great extent that u know nothing of the world other than the one ur living in

Storm
Reality is everything we experience and what we experience is different for everybody. We all create our own perception of a collective created energy that forms our environment or surroundings.

Mindship
Row, row, row your boat to your destination
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life's a hallucination.

alien

darthsecretus30
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Like somebody is going to hand out free drugs.

RIIIIIIGHT.

Bud, nothing in this world is free, what you have to realise is, this IS the real world, so start living in it.

So true .. You are teh winnar.. Here have some "Free LSD" or maybe hoover

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by yoda+the force
The government might be putting hallucinatory drugs into the food to hide how bad the world has actually become! and thats why we always eat loads of food as we've become addicted to the drugs it contains... And the recreational drugs make the hallucinatory drugs in the food inactive, allowing us to see the real world, and this is what you see when you're tripping out, (sometimes bad trips)...ergo thats why they are illegal as they dont want us to discover whats in the real world...

PARANOID YET?!

Happy Dance

No, I don't take recreational drugs, so my brain is not damaged. The truth is, when you take recreational drugs, you damage your brain.

PARANOID YET?! laughing out loud

grey fox
The government might be putting hallucinatory drugs into the food to hide how bad the world has actually become! and thats why we always eat loads of food as we've become addicted to the drugs it contains... And the recreational drugs make the hallucinatory drugs in the food inactive, allowing us to see the real world, and this is what you see when you're tripping out, (sometimes bad trips)...ergo thats why they are illegal as they don't want us to discover whats in the real world...

Happy Dance

That is perhaps the STUPIDEST thing I have EVER heard.

Let's look at the facts.

1. You state that the government is lacing our food with Hallucinogenic drugs correct ?

How would they be able to do this and keep silent , or compensate for those who don't eat government sanctioned/grown food ?

2. You then state that these drugs are supposed to give us hallucinations to 'cover up' how bad the world is.

That is foolish and shows how retarded you are , no hallucination is exactly alike. You could give 100 people a shot of LSD and they would all see something different(EG : Dancing candy bars , penis telling you to kill yourself , hands turning into tire-irons etc) . There is no known way to make a drug give off a 'uniform hallucination'

3. Finaly you tell us that recreational drugs allow us to see how bad the 'Real ' world is.

Let's just ignore how dumb it is to state that several distinctly different drugs can all cancel out the affects of another drug (Which by the way would usually end up killing you) and hop onto another factor . If the world is 'This bad' then why don't we physically notice it. Hallucinations can only compensate for so much.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
Reality is everything we experience and what we experience is different for everybody. We all create our own perception of a collective created energy that forms our environment or surroundings.

How you know?

Symmetric Chaos
Happy Dance

you realize of course that now I have to silence you

debbiejo
Is this life your Imagination? No, it's your sense of imagination. You can imagine it however you want, just don't tell a whole bunch people about it..........

omgz
so, what about all the anorexics? do they see the 'real world'? because if they wern't eating the food laced with hallucinatory drugs..

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by omgz
so, what about all the anorexics? do they see the 'real world'? because if they wern't eating the food laced with hallucinatory drugs..

but we put it in the air too

there is no escape from the mind control

Regret
Don't worry about the government, worry about malevolent demons.

Epistemologists have already ground this type of question into the dirt. The Matrix merely presented the concept in a novel manner.

Gregory
I say we put him in a cage with Deano and make them fight to the death.

grey fox
Originally posted by Gregory
I say we put him in a cage with Deano and make them fight to the death.

You know that doesn't sound too bad.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.