"Scissor Sisters" Like them, hate them, heard of them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BeckyS
Have you heard of the "Scissor Sisters"? They are a NY Band that has taken off in the UK over the last couple of years.

They have made their debut in the US this year with "Take Your Mama Out."

I love the album. It's totally different! It's club music meets the 80's.

What do you think?

Elondra
I quite like them.But I ahevn't got their album.

Lord_Andres
HATE THEM specially that mama song

*Georgina_A*
Only heard one song but LOVE it. Love the song "Mary".

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
If you want old Dance/Disco/Rock stuff, do yourself a favour and buy "Decadence" by Head Automatica.

-AC

finti
They fuc**d up the Pink Floyd song, talk about blashemical work toward the original

Sickened.
Fun band. I saw 'em on Conan last night. I thought Freddy Mercury was dead, though.

\m/

SlipknoT
Suck.

draconigena
I've only heard one song... and I don't remember what it was. But I liked it!

Korri
hate them.

ElectricBugaloo
They make Elton John look straight.

Atomic Rico
I think glam rock is coming back in big way
Theyre ok but not great

eggmayo
i like 'laura'

furryman
First I liked them, then I hated them, now I can tolerate them

Atomic Rico
Why are so many new bands copying Queen all of a sudden?

Kael
thumbdown

No idea why bands are copying queen, never really liked queen either.

Myth
I can't stand them but my older brother thinks they are awesome. I don't get it.

Caribbean_Chick
I think there funny.. I saw them on SNL.. at first I was like ewww what is this.. but there music is pretty catchy.. at least that one song "Take your mama out" the second 1 i didnt like tho.. dunno what it was

Red Superfly
Oh wow, a big camp "fabulous-darling" band that jumps on the "gay-is-the-new-black bandwagon. It's just camp for the sake of being camp.

Crap.

big gay kirk
Saw them a couple of times at the Charlotte... they were introduced as "The Scissor Sisters..." to which whatsherface said " there's no 'the'.... Scissor is a verb..."

Punk Tiger
I like them, Laura is good but Filthy/Gorgeous is great!!! I have the lyrics for F/G so if you want them I'll post them happy

Korri
I was absolutley disgusted when i heard that they had covered Comfortably Numb. I cannot stand them i think they are a waste of a record deal and should be publically slane.

Thats all i want to say.

Punk Tiger
I'm going to get their album

eggmayo
SLAIN dear Korri... slain.

Korri
shurrup John its not like your perfect.

Devalion
From what I've heard of them....I F**king luv em!

eggmayo
Least i make amusing typos...

Korri
you wish disgust

eggmayo
finger up.

Korri
cry.

Punk Tiger
laughing

Heather 29
No I have never heard of them at all
Sorry

lil bitchiness
Horrible..just horrible.

I dont like them.

Elondra
We Brits love them(never mind the exceptions) Americans hate them.Why?

Df02
they remind me of Prince... but camper

lil bitchiness
Erm, exception right here...and i mind!

uma040
i love filthy/gorgeous its a great song and their album is v good big grin

furryman
sick Hate them...I used to like them thoughembarrasment

BadKitty
I only like one song 'it can't come quickly enough' even that though I get bored with right away..so yeah they pretty much stink on toast.

hayden's minx
I like them, if you don't like that you can go and knob off.
I was skeptic at first - the cheek of covering pink floyd, but then it grew on me, and their album is pretty much a party album, good fo shaking bootay to, and they're good live. They're cool because they can name themselves after a lesbian sex act and be outright faggish and not give one. There is a lesson there somewhere...

Piggle Humsy
They are cool, because they are totally original, kinky, outrageous and they love what they do.
I love their energy!
Love Filthy Gorgeous!
Good stuff! thumb up

Piggle
one eye

jaden101
great band for getting ready to hit the town....funky...fun...camp as a row of tents...brilliant...and even better live

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.