Who are you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Storm
Take a moment to reflect on the 2 questions below:

1) If you were to take away title/position, take away hobbies, take away images imposed by others or self...and then answer the question: "Who are you?", how would you reply?

2) If you were to void station and status in life and consider what it is that motivates you to sit up, place your feet on the ground and get going every morning. How would you respond to the question: "What's your motivation?"

yerssot
darn, threw the paper away...

1) I'm no one, I never was, never will be. I'm a dot on the tv-screen. I'm a flash that no one saw nor will ever see. I'm empty without any meaning. wink

2) never had one, never will have one

stonner
i'm not here at all!

Fire
1) I'm just an average guy with a bit more kindness and a bigger sense of loyalty than most people.

2) my motivation: the quest for knowledge and friendship

Fitch
1).I am a regular guy,doin' regular things,drinking regular beer,...maybe a tad more sensitive and careful then others
2).Life..

Evy_O
1) I'm me big grin
2) My motivation is to fulfill my dreams

Gregory
1. I am myself. Ultimately, that is what is important.

2. I get a headache if I lie in bed all day.

eleveninches
1. I am ME

2. I only get out of bed in the morning when I'm hungry or need a piss

mechmoggy
1) I'm just a regular chap

2) My motivation for getting up and going to work is to make my family life as comfortable as possible, e.g. a car, holidays, bills all paid etc.

§pearhead
1) A mere speck in the universe erm you can call me a fatalist

2) The fear that there's nothing after life

Phoenix
1) I'm a non-conformist...

2) God and my friends

Darth_Midal
1) I am an English man with a big heart for people in need, a little to forgiving and always in pain.

2) I have no real motivation as all my dreams have already been crushed.

cermiestar
1) no idea
2) to make a difference of course!

rusky
1) Cool boarder dude when on the slope, regular, albeit very sensitive, guy else..
2) a) To fulfill my life's dreams b) To find 'the' girl that I love c) To do something that really matters

Punker69
Originally posted by Storm

1) If you were to take away title/position, take away hobbies, take away images imposed by others or self...and then answer the question: "Who are you?", how would you reply?

Looks like somebodys been watching Anger Management wink

WindDancer
1) Just an Organic individual that works, learns, sleep, eat, and goes to the potty.

2) My motivation is to help other Organic individuals that cannot have things like work, education, and a home. I want NO rewards for doing that.

Cyclops
Who am I: I am a kind, caring, compassionate, sarcastic, selfless man.

What is my motivation: An Alarm Clock

loserib
1 im what should not be more like a contradition (sp)

2 my kids my music and the shear passion of pissing off as many as possibel before i die

silver_tears
a. I'm just another person in the crowd, but I differ because of the little things I do. big grin
b. My friends, my future, and the need to learn something new each day. smart

Dexx
a. who am i?..i am a ..joke
b. i have no motivation..that's my problem......but i am hoping i'll have one in the future

Mr. Bacon
a. just a wierd 16 year old guy

b. im a lazy ass and my motivation is usually food

Storm
1) I am a soul and a mind, full to the brim with thoughts, stripped of all meaning except self. I am what I' ve experienced so far.

2) To live, to experience life.

rusky
That is sooooo deep...bravo..smile

Baylin
1) I'm me plain and simple, at one with mother earth living from breath to breath.

2) The sun/wind in my face and a beautiful view. Nature/life is what motivates me especially my beautiful baby daughter who is exactly 7 months old today. To look into her eyes as she tries to innocently rip the glasses from my face with that amazing curiosity of children... big grin big grin

Striel
#1-- I am no one trying to be someone.

#2-- curiousity

silver_tears
Her 7 month birthday is a day after mine eek!

SK88728
wow, storm. thats interesting...

big gay kirk
1: I'm me
2: Curiosity

Royal_Knight
1.I am a gay guy with a sense of worth, dealing with the hardships of everyday life...trying my best to achieve above my standards.

2. My motivation:To keep on going no matter how the road gets bad

Dexx
that's not a motivation, it's a goal...what is the motivation?

badkittykitty
I just took this on-line personality disorder test..I guess this is me
Disorder | Rating

Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Very High
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

my motivation ~ to be breathing tomorrow.

Dexx
link...gimme

badkittykitty
TeeHee good luck http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

Dexx
Paranoid:low
Schizoid: low
Schizotypal: moderate
Histrionic: moderate
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant:moderate
Dependent: moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: low

bleh..

Raventheonly
A complex man who shuns most of society and finds himself in love with history and the past.

Make a mark on history, otherwise make the world better for future my future children and generations.

Cynethryth
1) Nothing... just my dreams left, and the past that made my dreams

2) I don't really have any motivations... at the moment the only thing that makes me get up is the thought of either internet (and my friends being online) or books that need to be read no expression hope il have a better motivation some time in the far future

Darth Revan
1. I am me, and don't ask me to describe myself in further detail... I'm a non-conformist.

2. The fact that I need to work if I want to eat and I need to eat if I want to live smile. And little, everyday things like playing music, eating good food, crap like that that picks my day up.

cLoVi€
1 me

2 i have no motivation

Corlindel
1 - I am what I am
2 - Me, my son...And all the anonymous who deserve a better life and future.

Disorder Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

High stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
-I am myself and at the same time im the same composing organic matter, just like the rest of you, and everything else.

-Sense of achivement. Wish to live my life.

Syren
Schizotypal: Low
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: High
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Histrionic
People with histrionic personality disorder are constant attention seekers. They need to be the center of attention all the time, often interrupting others in order to dominate the conversation. They use grandiose language to discribe everyday events and seek constant praise. They may dress provacatively or exaggerate illnesses in order to gain attention. They also tend to exaggerate friendships and relationships, believing that everyone loves them. They are often manipulative.

Right, so I'm manipulative, provocative and an attention whore. Well, we knew that anyway diva

Syren
1) I am a statistic, another human being with qualities no better than any other. I have my skills, and I have my flaws. As does any other statistic.

2) My motivation is hope.

CherryWings
1 - Take away everthing that makes me, me.. and whats left is what I AM (if that makes sense), pure n unrefined!!!

2- Motivation... i'll hv 2 say - To exist just for one more day.

Syren
I like your motivation Cherry yes

But I think it is more of a wish, to exist for one more day. By motivation, what would actually make you exist for another day? What would be your incentive just to continue breathing?

Kaleanae
1) I'm a test tube where a lot of chemical reactions are occurring.
2) My motivation is that maybe someday I'll be able to change something in this world

Peloquin
My answer to question one: In this place, a baby at first. Or at the point before the creation of self overtook the reality of self within the self. smile Pure. That's not to say that every aspect of how we act is totally due to the created self. Our pure nature will always curve the bent of our nature and that reflects in everything we do. Both in pain and in love. The created self, the ego, the ID is the self that holds title/position, hobbies, images imposed by others or self as a defining tool to 'self'. Ones self does not by nature require definition. You are that you are. Nothing more nothing less. The question then becomes; why is it we did not simply 'be'?...what is it within us that doesn't know what it is and seeks outside definitions?...a creation of self perhaps?. Could the quest for such things be seen as false and if so is that a reflection on the created self itself?

Anyone out there ever feel like they can adopt a personality to suit their environment? Maybe your self at work is completely different from your self at home?. When you're out drinking with friends you adopt a different version of yourself than say...when you're at home with only a few close friends?. If so have you ever noticed the point of change. That exact moment in where you decide 'get in this mode' for want of a better description. Or feel the point of release when you let the 'mode' go? That point where you let the tension out of your shoulders, breath out, and fully relax. If you know what I'm talking about then did you ever take notice of the self that decides to adopt the shift in persona and the self that decides when to drop it? And again if so is that the self you most guard inside you or the self you most display?. (Heh heh) smile

And for question two. Love.

Waggy the Dog
i'm sure this has been uttered oodles of times in this board, but...

and I am paraphrasing...

"the only reason we die, is because we accept it, as an inevitability. {high, shocked exhale}"

H.M.Servant
1) I am what I have to be
2) This is where I am now

Nazgulinthedark
1) I do not know, I am not sure. I could just tell you my personality, and that could cut for an answer

2) My friends and my will to do everything accomplishable and my yearn to be better than everyone else.

Silver Stardust
I am...an overly shy 18 year old girl who finds it very hard to talk to people she doesn't know, but still likes to meet new people.

My motivation is to live life to it's fullest, and to prove wrong everyone who has told me that I can't do something.

And my results from the Personality Disorder thing...embarrasment

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: High
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: High
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: High

Nazgulinthedark
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate

doesnt look like i have a disorder smile

§pearhead
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Moderate

I think that's kinda good messed

Silver Stardust
Mine's kinda contradictory...says I don't like to be around others, yet I like to be the center of attention.

...and oddly enough, both are true messed

jesusmonkey777
well it really depends........most people would say that im a quit person who keeps to himself but when he is in conversations is very active and talkativei have secrets that i hide from everyone deep secrets and im a hopless romantic............but thats not who i am on thi inside ....on the inside im a brave warrior where trouble is likely to follow and always eager to defend his opinion freinds and emotionsolbut even inside theres a scar of sadness that is never looked upon

matchbox
1. without all those things everyopne is exactly the same, its these differences that make us unique.

2. most people in the world are driven to work by money, that is what motivates them to do anything.

ChinaNiki
I am an eccentric, compassionate, dancing, traveling teacher.

My motivation is: "Who will I meet today?" and "What interesting things will I learn about them?"

Punkyhermy
1) I am what is left after taking away the stuff that people make me.
2)My motivation for everyday is different.It could as small as a new JLU episode or as Big as moving from place to place...

Mr Zero
1) I am a novice.
2) I live to learn.

Manôkhâu
a) A worrshipper........
b) Motivation.........well, I love to LOVE! stick out tongue

bardock
who who who who i really want to know

Fiery Eyes
"What's your motivation?" God!! smile

lucija
1. I really don't know who am I, still looking for myself. I don't think I will find myself (my sense of living) in this life...
2. my motivation is simply life, I have to live, there not exists any way how to escape (if you believe in reincarnation)

btw... I like this thread

Fëanor
1...i am one that takes up space for the moment
2...the pain that i feel on my @$$ from sittin' too long

Fiery Eyes
1)I am a child of the living God, no matter what title/position or hobbies that are taken away, thats who I am.

2) My motivation is God.

WhiteEagle
I don't take title's and social status very seriously, I judge others by their character and hope they do the same for me. Without my dreams, my thoughts and the people around me, I'm just a vessel observing the world. Thankfully I'm more than that in real life...

My motivation is the future and what it may bring. You only live once so it would be foolish to waste this life. smile

Lord Soth
1) I am a person who lives above the common perception of man

2) To be a better person than my father

HiddenPotential
1. I am a person capable of anything, If I cared.

2. I only care about Love

Mandos
Hi, my name's Joh-
Oh....
Is this about your spirit, or something? stick out tongue

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

leonheartmm
im neither nething nor anyone, yet i feal sometimes that i am something
but ME doesnt matter too much in my life, never did

peterKSL
if I were to take everything away, I would left with no experience... it's like a baby with a grown up body and mind...

carnival_junkie
1) I am not a beautiful or unique snowflake. I am part of the same compost heap as every other being on this earth. I am not special.

2) Not a damn thing. If I didnt have requirements/obligations, I'd be dead by now.

dread
I am (we all are) a integral part of the evolution of 'life'...

our purpose...? To keep 'life' from ending

just my opinion.........

beer

brandino
My motivation is truth if no one cares that is there own problem i dont believe in god since i have not seen any legitiment proof of him and i will not take a fanatic "just because" answer or its in the bible.

i want to find my own truths my desire to know is what motivates me
god cant provide me that

SaTsuJiN
1. an embodied spirit
2. to seek meaning

Syren
This thread is intriguing to say the least.... we have here four pages of personal judgement, what would happen if it were flipped? Do others perceive us in the same manner?

Philosophicus
I am a Poet. Perception is always thrown into chaos. Perception of and by others is 'unreal'.

debbiejo
I have to travel back between my two worlds, thats how I get through.
My "Happy place" and reality.

my I get up because it just seems natural, and yes I try to make the world a better place.

Mother Theresa said " We all can't do greeat things, but we can do small things with great love." That's my motto!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie Malfoy
If that was to happen the I would not be me.JM

debbiejo
Sure, JM anyone can do it. There's a lot of us here. It's a happy place. Elvis is here.

OH my motivation for getting up too, is to watch all the squirrls out the kitchen window. Their nice people too. big grin

liam k
1)i am just an honest guy who cares
2)Love,hope,honesty,freedom

BlackC@t
I'd be very plain and boring indeed yes

BlackC@t
1.) The lonely figure that walks in the shadows.
2.) Sacrifice.

debbiejo
I would be very curious about everything. Always asking how, what if, etc..

I would never get bored.

Sicky666
Who am I?: Sicky666- exactly what it says...

Motivation?: KUTULU---THE LORD OF YE DEEP...

Heather 29
To answer the First Question. I know that I am a Child of God.
What gets me up in the morning is the something, and also I get hungry as well. I know these answers probably are not philosophical. I am giving it a shot though anyway

Reborn Again
Who am I? I'm Batman!

yerssot
- I'm person and my name is Anakin!
(Anakin, TPM)

-Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man.
(Peter Parker/Spiderman, Spiderman)

Frosty Beverage
is that a retorical question?

rolling on floor laughing

debbiejo
I'm an ever expanding bit of knowledge.

liam k
really what iam going to say next?

Storm
Keep this on topic please.

SaTsuJiN
I am what I enjoy.. art , video games , music.. I feel whatever someone likes becomes their embodiment.. sortof like how you are what you eat.. but in spiritual terms smile

Magee
I am Ryan Magee. I am me.

speiderman
I hope to be a person who others look up to and I want to be a leader in my field. That is who I am.

calvinNhobbes
The answer to the first question is hard because it is taking away a lot of what makes you who you are wether some admit it or not. So I will try to answer it.
I am the nameless individual that made you smile today with a quirky grin and deep brown eyes. I am someone who is very self conscious I am an interacting human .

The second question I don't like to much because my motivations are different from day to day. Say , for an interview I would lie because for a job my motivations don't really match what corporations are looking for. My motivation can be too eat,piss,wipe the crust out of my eyes ( base needs), Other days my motivation is to experience a warm breeze on my arm and content in my heart watching my nieces and nephew laugh. (need for belonging)

I am the summation of thousands of years of evolution.
But not quite at the top of Maslow's Hierarchy.

...........Don't all laugh at once it may be deafening.

Tassie

2) If you were to void station and status in life and consider what it is that motivates you to sit up, place your feet on the ground and get going every morning. How would you respond to the question: "What's your motivation?"

1. I'm just a soul that will never be fulfilled, or satisfied.

2. To someday prove to everyone that I'm worth something. I live for no one else, not even myself. Love cannot inspire me to live, because I don't believe in the temporary, insubstantial human emotions. I live only for the sake of it. And because I don't believe death is any better alternative.

Comic Book
Bump

Inspectah Deck
I am from New York City

tax
1)If I consciously know myself, I do not know myself.

2)If you are motivated by something, you are actually using it to gain happiness but it is only temporary.

Atlantis001

whobdamandog

1) I'm Batman.

2) It's not how I respond..but what I dooo that defines me...

MistressofSnape
I am ME!

The fact that I'm late for school from oversleeping because I was trying to read the dictionary the night before.

Aini
who am i: I'm just a person with ups and downs and good and bad sides. I am what my life made me be.

my motivation: life

Spelljammer
1) Who SpellJammer is is unimportant. The better question is WHAT he is. And what he is, is a living soul. Therfore, he posesses the power to change everything around him. Regardless of memories, hobbies, or anything else..

2) He doesn't know why he's here. He really doesn't want to be. So he made himself a mission, to find love. We all go our whole lives trying to be happy. And what could make one happier then being inlove?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Spelljammer
1) Who SpellJammer is is unimportant. The better question is WHAT he is. And what he is, is a living soul. Therfore, he posesses the power to change everything around him. Regardless of memories, hobbies, or anything else..

2) He doesn't know why he's here. He really doesn't want to be. So he made himself a mission, to find love. We all go our whole lives trying to be happy. And what could make one happier then being inlove?

I hope you find what you are looking for...

debbiejo
"Who am I"...

Only me!!!!!!!..... From the inside to the outside....Kinda confuses people about my many thoughts....kinda like a diamond....many facets.

AOR

You are what your action define you as. Images/positions "items" so to speak, are only details.

The fact that in the end, what merits us eternal happiness, is not our medals or diplomas, but rather our scars.

Wonderer
I am what I still need to find out - in the process of getting to know myself, but we can never really completely know ourselves as we are subjected to our own object.

I have responsibility and love towards my wife and daughter to provide for them, so I need to go to work everyday.

Great Vengeance
1. Im another whisper in the wind.

2.Dunno, I dont feel like ending my existence yet so I engage in what you humanoids call 'life'. It seems the most logical course of action... confused

Fëanor

1. a mote on someone's wall

2. to remember to breath in and out all day

mailedbypostman
1) I'm just a messenger, just passing by...
2)Well, I find death an interesting destination, but life a longer journey.

RagingSilent
1) Just another face in a crowd

2) To find the one thing that will make my life very worth while

Shakyamunison
I am a very small insignificant part of God; we all are. However, in the nothingness, all things are equal.

leonheartmm
im a guy thas pissed with people who use their free time to put viruses online n **** my comp up.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
im a guy thas pissed with people who use their free time to put viruses online n **** my comp up.

Me too. mad

RedAlertv2
1. I'm just a regular guy trying to enjoy life while simultaneously fulfilling things that I do not enjoy.
2. To ultimately bask in success, whether it be from love or money, or anything.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Me too. mad
Be clever, use Nortons.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by eggmayo
Be clever, use Nortons.

I don't have a problem, I just like the look of this little guy.

mad

He makes me laugh.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't have a problem, I just like the look of this little guy.

mad

He makes me laugh.
laughing Nicely put. Most of the smilies are funny in some way.. embarrasment

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by eggmayo
Be clever, use Nortons.

amen

The True Fear
would you hold it against me if i said MIKE JONES?!?!?!?!

Amaris
1. Free spirit floating in the universe
2. Motivation...to learn, to live to the fullest, to develop to be the best I can be on this existenz....and need to feed and walk the dog too smile

debbiejo
Originally posted by The True Fear

I'm really Madonna.... big grin

Storm
Please keep this on topic.

Wonderer
I'm a Buddhist in the making. Buddhism has changed my life!

leonheartmm
aee aeee, tough one, i dunno about me but ur all bitches big grin

eggmayo
I'm a lost soul. I don't know what to believe in any more.
I have no religion, the best thing for me would be some sort of way of relaxing without any unbelievable deities.

debbiejo
No need of deities.....They're man made anyway.....

Great Vengeance

I know who you are...your that retarded kid who used to be in my class that would yell "MIKE JONES!?!?!?!?" every day in random intervals.

The True Fear
probably. i am someone who likes to have fun(but who doesnt?) but I am in constant sadness

jOHN_Anderton

1. I am a pilot-explorer, a scientist and a philosopher, making my own way, searching for truth, beauty and love - with emphasis on "Truth" because I believe ultimately it leads to the other two.

2. Adeventure! Discovery! And the fun involved in both!

mailedbypostman
That's always a helpful personality...

debbiejo
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
1. I am a pilot-explorer, a scientist and a philosopher, making my own way, searching for truth, beauty and love - with emphasis on "Truth" because I believe ultimately it leads to the other two.

2. Adeventure! Discovery! And the fun involved in both!

Really!!....seriously...????....Well then that's really cool.....Life is for the exploration and ....I almost took pilot or should I say aviation lessons.... big grin

jOHN_Anderton
luv the pic big grin and based on ur profile, probably u 2! embarrasment

eggmayo
Originally posted by debbiejo
No need of deities.....They're man made anyway.....
Precisely. I've just discovered that Satanism is the religion for people who hate religions, which is kinda paradoxial but sounds perfect.
Traditional Satanism, by the way, not LaVey Satanism.

EsteemedLeader
Who am I?

I am Stroker.

Great Vengeance
probably. i am someone who likes to have fun(but who doesnt?) but I am in constant sadness

sad

mailedbypostman
I don't understand that post either....

Bardock42
1) Well I wouldn't be me anymore..so i would be someone else but still someone jsut not me....

2)My preferences.

Anyways...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
A policeman knew my name
He said "You can go sleep at home tonight
If you can get up and walk away"

I staggered back to the underground
And the breeze blew back my hair
I remember throwin' punches around
And preachin' from my chair

chorus:
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

I took the tube back out of town
Back to the Rollin' Pin
I felt a little like a dying clown
With a streak of Rin Tin Tin

I stretched back and I hiccupped
And looked back on my busy day
Eleven hours in the Tin Pan
God, there's got to be another way

Who are you?
Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

(chorus)

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

(chorus)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.