Star Wars Prequel Trilogy DVD Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ben-Kenobi
Alright, Im Sure This Is One Of The Topics That Is On Every Single Star Wars Fan's Mind, Will They Be Releaseing Episode III On A Seprate DVD Or Will They Be Doing The Same As LORD OF THE RINGS and Releaseing A Boxset Trilogy Of The Prequel Trilogy And A Seprate Episode III DVD

Me Personally I Hope They Release A DVD Boxset And A Seprate Issue Of The DVD Because If They Do I Would Definately By The DVD Boxset.

LanİeWindu
I think they'll do it with a box set with hopefully a 4th bonus disc like they did with the OT and also a seperate DVD.

I'd get the Box Set.

Ben-Kenobi
Yeah definately I hope they do because I could probly get it early since I work at a retail store.

LanİeWindu
I'd get it the first day it comes out, like I did with the other Star Wars DVD's I have.

I don't have Episode 2 on DVD and I don't think I will since they will more than likely have a Box Set.

My Episode 1 DVD is worn out and needs replacing anyways.

BTW...Fullscreen or Widescreen?

Stunrun
Yeh i was wandering whether they would sell it separately with 2 discs, like TPM and AOTC, because if they put the PT trilogy in a boxset, there would just be extras from ROTS i presume, since TPM and AOTC have bonus discs already, unless they compile those extras all into onewink

Ben-Kenobi
Well Im More Of A Full Screen Fan But Lately Ive Been Likeing Wide Screen So I Really Cant Say.

.:Space Opera:.
WIDESCREEN BABEY! what they'll probly do (knowing lucas) is they will release a box set of the prequels, without a bonus disc, then 25 years later release a box set of all six with two bonus discs

Ben-Kenobi
I Would Love To Get And Early Sneak Peak At What The Box Set Caseing Would Look Like, I Bet It Would Have Anakins Head On It Or The Emperors Or A Clone Troopers

LanİeWindu
No hopefully they give ALL the discs from 1, 2, and 3, two discs each...then an extra behind the scenes disc containing never before seen footage from the filming of all three films.

....or all three!

Stunrun
25 years? i couldnt wait that long LOL, but since i bought TPM on widescreen, i just like to carry on the same tradition with the rest. The first thing i buy when i get a house of my own, is a HUGE widescreen TVbig grin Thats what these DVD's deserve

the only problem with having a bigscreen with these dvds is that youll notice that the SE look 100 times more fake

Ben-Kenobi
I Just Compiled A List Of Possibilities Of What Their Going To Do

1. Just Episode III
2. Episode I-III Boxset And A Seprate Episode III
3. Epsode I-VI (Which Would Probly Come Later)

Darth Subjekt
heres what they'll do, dont ask how i know i just know. They will first release a Ep3 by itself, and just when everyone has bought it, they'll make a box set saying that they've added deleted scences or something. then maybe around 2007 or 2008 they'll have 1 big box set, 1-6. Im leaning towards 2007 since that will mark the 30 year mark. I also heard that GL will release yet another box set of the OT seperatly called like the ultimate or ultra edition, which will include all deleted scences and outtakes. Then i wouldnt be surprised if he made 1 last box set with all 6 movis with the ultra edition OT.

And before anyone asks, no i did NOT hear this from that tool SS. I dont get anything from there, just for the record....except a hell of a good laugh.

cal31
Hey Ben Kenobi nice sig, you got that from the Long Way Around right? That was hilarious when he busted that out.

SMOKE187
i have them all on dvd except episode 1. so if they made a box set i'd buy it.

that makes sense subjekt. i know you didnt make that up you just have alot of sense

Ben-Kenobi
What Are You Talkin About Cal?, I have no Idea, I took The Revenge Of The Sith Image And The Obi Wan Image From SW.Com And Made It .

Ben-Kenobi
I Just Noticed From The Image From The Emperor Palpatine Toy And The Burger King Image That He Looks The Exact Same As He Did In The Add In On Ep V.

because its the same person yes

cal31
The quote on the bottom man.

Ben-Kenobi
Oh Yeah, I Use That Alot At Work

darktim1
I wonder how many disc the starwars clone wars cartoon dvd will be after all the should show how they did the animation and the trailers to the show and I think he will release episode3 dvd by it self and then down the road probibley release in box set.

Jedi Priestess
I personally hope it comes out on a single DVD first, Im not shelling out money for a box set.

Darth Subjekt
right,...GL has enough damn money

he will, it would be a retarded marketing ploy to just release it in a box set. he'll be loosing more money.

Reborn Again
I have a feeling that a few years after the original trilogy is complete, a 9 box set will come out much like the Alien Qualtrilogy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.