Banshee vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
bannedA lot of times marvel will reduce or kill a character when he.she threatens a premier character. Wolverine being the example of the rule.
Wouldn't Banshee just devastate a lot of Marvels big guns.
I think he'd knock Spidy off his web.bawling

Havoc470
banshee is one strong character, based on a random battle i think banshee could knock out almost everyone, the pitch of his sound waves are so strong that they can knock people unconcious

imo banshee would knock spidey out first, but maybe someone has a good point that would change my decision

radioboy121
As long as a character is within the vicinity and do not have any dampers, Banshee can take down most characters, including Spiderman.

He reminds me of the mutate Siren, but to a greater degree.

Havoc470
siryn or siren? siryn i think is related to banshee, but i dont know if theres a siren in another comic or something

radioboy121
Whoops. I meant Lorelai. That is correct he has a daughter name Siryn (Theresa Cassidy).

Mightyrain
My thoughts exactly.

uQifg2WV
I think he could hurt spidey for awhile, but spidey would find a way to win, by like webbing his mouth, or something along those lines.

Havoc470
banshee could fly, and one attack (ranged) would automatically knock spidey unconcious, he cant really dodge the attacks since its sound and travels extremely fast

Maelstrom
Good pint. Spidy would web him shut like an old diaper. ty.

radioboy121
Some of Banshee's abilities would knock out Spiderman immediately. Also, unlike his portrayal in the 70's where it appeared his powers focused on a given point as a beam would, current emphasis shows it projecting outward all around him, so Spiderman would be vulnerable if he was behind him (range will fluctuate give or take his environment).

Mightyrain
Spidey has no chance in this fight. One scream from Banshee has knocked people out miles away in all directions. The sound vibrations are unavoidable. The only characters that would be safe from such attacks are Black Tom and Siryn as they are immune to the effects of his powers. By the time Peter's Spidey since was tingling to warn him of danger it would be too late. Yes his webbing could clog his mouth up... but he would never have the time to pull it off... besides the fact that Banshee can deflect bullets with his sonic screams, so webbing wouldn't his mouth anyway.

Havoc470
anyway he flies with sound waves on his cape, he doesnt only need to scream to project them, given an open area his scream would fill the entire place and the sound going at such high pitch and speed into spideys ears would make them bleed, make him barf, or simply strong enough to knock him out or kill him (i choose knocking out, as these characters wouldnt actually kill eachother)

even in a small area, the sound would resinate and still be able to knock spidey unconcious

Mightyrain
I was just thinking about the amount of property damage this fight would produce... no window for miles would remain intact...

uQifg2WV
Well, yeah... Um metal would be serrated, Death rate would go up. Hey it's an easy way to fix that population problem I've been having. Yay! Lets play genocide. Banshee's the only one who could make sound that over powers Metallica.

Maelstrom
I think strength gives you equal invulnerability. Spidys is 14 ton. I think he is therefore 14tons more resistant than a normal person. That strength combination may not be enough to stop his bones from breaking or him from being stabbed to death. You really have to be at rogues previous 50 ton level to afford that kind of protection. But i do think it would give him time to make a hasty advance on Banshee.

Mightyrain
Strength doesn't equal more resistance to sound... It's not his body or his bones he has to worry about it's his ears and brain.

Havoc470
not only his ears and brain, the blood and water in his body would suffer vibrations of the sound blast, no one can build an invulnerability to sound, not even deaf people

banshee's sound waves obviously travel fast and from all directions so spidey would be knocked unconcious in no time

psycho gundam
bump

KingD19
The only people who are invulnerable to sound based attacks, are usually people who use sound based attacks themselves, and even then it's not always a given. Webbing his mouth doesn't stop him from making sounds, he could vibrate it off, and Spidey loses, all Banshee has to do is mess up his equilibrium, then give him a good haymaker.

Wild Shadow
banshee ftw.

BlackZero30x
Banshee smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.