What is up with track one in GC newest cd?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
Anyone who got the newest cd of GC Ever listen to the music at the beginning of the cd?
It is so weild I was told that it was a bunch of chiness people singing!
Anyone know what I am talking about?JM confused laughing out loud laughing

hh?
**** GC

Jackie Malfoy
GC is Good Charlette!For those who don't know!JM

hh?
i think we all knew that

and by the way

<<Solo>>
**** GC

Oh Burn!

Darth Revan
**** GC

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT PWNED, BIZZZZZZNATCH!!

Silver Stardust
**** GC.

TAKE THAT BITCHNUT!!! PWNED!!!

Dr. Strangelove
**** GC.

I would just like to let Jackie Malfoy know that Darth Revan has posted a "**** GC" in this thread since he's on her ignore list.
big grin

Tptmanno1
So Did SilverStardust.....

**** GC, Those untalented Vomit-bags filled with Llama feces.

hh?
thats sad...Llama feces is at least useful. they are not worthy

Tptmanno1
Yea......
Hmmm........
Whats really really useless??

Darth Revan
Rat feces yes

Df02
nah, thats a delicacy in some countries..... not mine thankfully

theyre the scum u find at the bottom of the bath after uve been rolling in rat feces and then washed it off

oh and also, their new song....cant remember wat it is, sounds pretty much identical to a From Autumn to Ashes song, but theyve pop-punkified it and generally shat all over it

Alpha Centauri
The theory is correct.

For one great band that happen to have global success, you get a thousand shit bands.

Metallica spawned all the Linkin Parks and shit like that. Where as Green Day spawned all the shitty Good Charlottes.

In my opinion Screamo/Emo bands didn't really have their genre birthed, just simply congealed in a gutter.

-AC

Df02
Punk experimented with Hardcore (classic punk with more melody) then split into what we now call Hardcore (eg Converge) and Emo (eg Taking Back Sunday), Screamo has bridged the gap a bit - its Emo with alot more edge, and song structure alot more like Hardcore.

so theres the gutter theory out the window stick out tongue
Screamo as a style of music has miles of potential, its just that because its associated with Emo it gets stick, and because its somewhat stagnant atm aswell.. with seemingly no1 trying to push things further. Its why i liked the new Alexisonfire album, its got a slightly different sound than other Screamo stuff.
even with all that tho, i happen to really like Screamo and will do for forseeable future, regardless of its association with shitty emo bands (there are some good emo bands tho stick out tongue)

Alpha Centauri
I heard "Counterparts and Number Them" and a few other tracks by them.

I don't throw Screamo and Emo together, I just rate them as shit equally but for different reasons. Emo is shit just because of all the whining and lack of musical or lyrical talent. Also they're all pretentious with their wannabe-obscure meanings and titles.

With Screamo I just think if you're gonna have lyrics that you are trying to put across as intellectual, at least sing them. Don't come out sounding like a Jack Russel terrier with a throat infection. The music itself (which is what matters) just seems like....random to me. The guitars, drums and bass don't ever impress me at all, from a musican standpoint because I play drums and guitar myself. Or from a listener standpoint.

Bands in both genres (if you can actually claim them as two) are instead of developing the music away from it's shit stereotype, just try to keep pumping themselves out, increasing the number of bands rather than number of bands with talent.

-AC

Df02
thing is Counterparts and number them is by far one of their least impressve songs....

it depends on what u like i guess, but i think the blend of singing and screaming comes across quite well, its like theyve turned up the intensity but kept the meaning behind emo songs. id hardly call it pretentious to have long titles for songs either... could call Tool pretentious for having intricate songs and meanings. they make long titles because its more interesting than a short title with very little insight into the song i guess

i would argue in favour of the music behind the lyrics, but thats the part that for the most part always falls into personal preference... i wouldnt call it random tho, altho Counterparts and number them does have a weak first half to it.

give the new Album "watch out" a listen, its probably a step in the right direction as far as what u've said about why u dislike the genre.

but all in all, i like the genre, especially like Alexisonfire as you can tell, aswell as From Autumn to Ashes... altho have to admit very little else in the genre has impressed me much

Jackie Malfoy
Well glad that you guys know what GC Is!(rolls eyes)anyway anyone here a fan of them are just hate tehm?JM

Alpha Centauri
"could call Tool pretentious for having intricate songs and meanings. they make long titles because its more interesting than a short title with very little insight into the song i guess"

Well Tool aren't pretending to be geniuses or trick you into thinking the song is deep and meaningful by the title. They do it according to how they feel it fits and if you get it fine, if not then you don't. In all the songs the title has meaning in relation. Pretention to me is when you do something/write something just because it seems/looks intelligent. I prefer short titles most of the time because it's more to work toward. You wouldn't know what "Schism" was about just from the title. If it was called "The rift between humans and disintegration of human faith due to religion breaking down", you would have very little to work toward and therefore listening to the song would have no reward.

I guess it's just whether you like to work for the ultimate appreciation or not really. Not insinuating you don't, just in reference to Emo/Screamo bands.

-AC

Df02
well, you could look at it like that...but i hardly think that the idea was to be pretentious. more of a way of giving songs interesting titles.

its just an entertaining form of music, something catchy and easy to listen to, but with an edge...smile
all music is a matter of personal opinion...u should try the new alexsionfire album before u judge the genre soo harshly

Deathblow
Most screamo bands have a lot of clean vox as well, and quite a few have two vocalists, one to sing and one to scream.

It's not random, just unpredictable. Thats what first attracted me to screamo. The musicians go almost to the point of mistiming deliberately, which won't appeal to the vast majority of people, but it gives it real edge as Df said, and also it can jump from mellow to super heavy without any warning what so ever. All the conventional rules of rock music are thrown out of the window.

However, the ratio of good emo/screamo bands to shitty ones is like 30/70.

Df02
yea, uve really gotta hunt for good screamo bands....hopefully itll get alot better soon tho.

Alexisonfire and From Autumn to Ashes are the only 2 GOOD Screamo bands i can name, all the rest have the odd good song but fail to live up to expectations with their albums

Deathblow
FATA are by far the best.

There are about three or four others that are very good (Alexisonfire being one), but yeah, the majority of the albums are very weak, especially the overhyped ones like Silverstein and the godawful Finch.

Df02
ooooh see id put Alexis first....ofcourse haha, then FATA, but its always gonna be a conbination of those 2 for 1st and 2nd, since there really is very little competition

Df02
ok ok....Fiction we Beleive or Too bad your beautiful?
and also... s/t or 'Watch Out!' ?

Alpha Centauri
"It's not random, just unpredictable."

I meant random as in nothing special.

-AC

Deathblow
Too Bad You're Beautiful

Definitely s/t.

Df02
im stuck between FWB and TBYB, cant decide
but id say Watch Out! has edged it for me.

you heard Circle Takes the Square? theyre not a bad screamo band either

Deathblow
Watch Out is good, but nothing on it can match .44 Caliber Love Letter, A Dagger Through The Heart Of St Angeles and Polaroids Of Polar Bears on s/t. Those 3 are just sublime.

Nope can't say i've heard anything by them, but i'll check them out, i'm always on the look out for decent screamo bands. As of now, the only ones I'm really into to are FATA, Alexis, Glassjaw, The Early November, Underoath and A Static Lullaby.

Df02
i cant get into the vocals on The Early November, and sadly vocals are a big part of music for me sad
Underoath arent bad either but unlike TEN, rather than the vocals letting them down, i think the music does.

and ive not actually heard A Static Lullaby...

some other screamo bands u may wanna look into (not heard enough by them atm to say if theyre good or not really:
- Joshua fit for battle
- Circle takes the square
- Saetia
- The Spirit of Versailles
- Orchid
- Yaphet Kotto

as i said, not heard much by any of them, the odd song or 2.... apart from Circle Takes the Square, but could be interesting to look into cos ive been trying but not much luck sad

Circle Takes the Square are to screamo what Dillinger Escape Plan is to Hardcore.. strange mix of Screamo, Dillinger Escape Plan and Sikth lol smile
Saetia also have that sort've The Locust-esque quality to their music, but have some really decent breakdowns and are all obviously very capable musicians smile - the vocals scratch a bit tho messed

Alpha Centauri
Glassjaw are very good, I wouldn't say they're Emo/Screamo though. They evolved out of that scene fast.

-AC

Deathblow
Their first two albums were definitely screamo. Very harsh, abrasive screamo. They've only really evolved out of it recently with W&T.

I've heard the last four of those for sure, I can't really remember what I heard from Orchid, but I remember not liking it. I hate Saetia messed
I heard a song by JFFB on a sampler or something a while ago, I quite liked that, I'll check them out along with CTS.

A Static Lullaby, i'm not sure whether to recommend them, because there's really nothing really amazing about them, they just appeal to me for reasons unknown. Also, despite the screams, I wouldn't really call them a screamo band, they're often too mellow. They're more like...emo-core. Whatever the hell that is, I think I just made it up, but yeah.

Jackie Malfoy
SO.....................Can we pleases go back to the topic!Thanks!JM

Alpha Centauri
Isn't it yet clear that nobody cares about Good Charlotte?

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
Whatever floats your boat...

**** GC!

MornGlory
the twin thing is pretty sexy - but thats it for Bad charlotte

ClaraG
yeah, i don't get that confused

CherryPie
GC SUX

and By the way Clara, I love your Sig!teehee

ClaraG
Thanks!

pylons4braco
Catchy, easylistening, no clever subliminal messages or anything...

SlipknoT
I think the only band worse than GC is Simple Plan

Mane
Good Charlett is fecking rules you arse!!!!!!!!11!!1!11111!111one!!!!

Darth Revan
No, I think New Found Glory are worse than both of them.

SlipknoT
are you being sarcastic?

Mane
Yes. GC & SP suck cocks for quarters.

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

MornGlory
i think the lead singer from SP is cute

i know that is so bad... what is wrong with me...

doesnt mean i think they are a good band,,, just nice to look at sad embarrasment embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.