Has anyone read the comic Darkness?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leevalo
Or is it just me??

Havoc470
yeah i read it all the time, i dont like the second series much but the first one was the best

Mr_Famous
I've only read his crossovers with Witchblade

Nathaniel Grey
Great comic series. I have all of the first run but the second volume isn't that great. It's not bad -- but not great.

Havoc470
yeah, in the first series there were some amazing things going on, its been toned down alot in the second series

leevalo
The first ones were absolutly wicked!!! Very very true!

Havoc470
i remember in the first series he was fighting super-powered beings left and right, in the second one he just fights mobsters and kinda fought a super-powered bieng once or twice, im usually upset with the end of the latest story arcs, it gets interesting and then in the last part of each story arc it completely lets me down with some stupid way of winning

Arachnoidfreak
Second Volume? You guys are a bit behind...it's up to Volume 4 now. He was brought back from hell just a few months ago in the first issue of Volume 4.

Anyway, great comic. Lots of originality

FeceMan
What about it is?

Arachnoidfreak
Nearly the entire character. The Darkness power itself is original, not too many others control the actual darkness, and the character's enemies(Witchblade, Excalibur) are also original.

Havoc470
whoa, where do you live? im talking about the second series of the comic, the latest issue out is sixteen

i think what your referring to happened a looong time ago in the first series

leevalo
Im confused now?!

Oh well were ever we all happen to be in the series it is wicked!

And im also quite fond of Witchblade! Very good too! I used to like the stories getting tied into oneanother, very good.

I thought it was good when he used to fight all the gangsters and stuff, that was way far at the beginning though. I think the first ones were the best and the one were his Step-mom or someones step-mom becomes Angelis and then then Wenders dies because Sonatine takes his body by kissing him. (wierd gay moment there) Even though Wenders is so gay anyway!! lol.

Sorry im rambling now. sad

Those were the days . . . I'll have to dig that one out again and brush the dust off it.

Havoc470
yeah, my g/f gets witchblade, darkness, and tomb raider, recently in tomb raider they did a tie in with sara pezzini and the writing and penciling is real good, darkness is still a little boring right now, but hopefully someone comes in and changes that, maybe involves more superpowered enemies and not some mobster that jackie could kill at the end of a 3-part story in a second

Spawnie
Ok, in the first one he already had enemies like Witchblade and Excalibur (that actually emerged from the combine of witchblade and darkness). He got his darkness powers partially back and he blew himself up as the result of the first series. i wanted to kill them for killing one of my favorite characters. Now I know he is back from hell but I haven't had the pleasure yet of reading any new issues. I hope they are making it a good story, because the first one was just fine with me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.