Jedi In Training

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dude Vader
Hi everyone. I am new to this. But I am a life long fan of SW.
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites I can visit to buy replica props (Sabre's, masks etc)

PVS
welcome to the forum smile

in the future if you have a question, please PM a mod or a senior member, and they, along with myself would be glad to help.

anyway, these sabers are supposedly the best on the market.

http://www.parksabers.com

PVS
'master replicas' is also popular

www.masterreplicas.com

Jedi Priestess
blink blink $$$$$$$

PVS
lol no shit JP laughing out loud

but lots of people shell out the cash.
i would love to have one of those sabers big grin

Sith Master X
Too expensive.

PVS
the masterreplica "Force FX Editions" aren't priced too steep.

$119.00 and they look freaking awesome

PVS
favorite line in the description:

"Durable metal hilt looks and feels like a real lightsaber"

um...THERE IS NO REAL LIGHTSABER!!!! eek!

Sesse
Yet... =)

.:Space Opera:.
i would cut off any limb on my body just to get my hands on an actual lightsaber! could you imagine walking around town with that thing strapped to your belt.?

bmw2002
How about making your own? Try this:
h t t p://w w w.wilcoxusa.net/saber/step-by-step.htm

El Toro
yes u'd also get looked at strangely.

(with the swinging and swoiinngg ......glaven)

Sith Master X
laughing!!!!

i guess i would be able to use my lightsaber if i didnt have one of my limbs. i would cut of one of my ears!

Sith Master X
If only they were real...

huh?

Sith Master X
Lightsabers...if only they were real.

PVS
LOOK!!! they ARE real!!! eek!

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/5700/saberkill.gif

Sith Master X
laughing

captainmidnight
i tell ya, when the day comes when we have real sabres i'm going ex-boss hunting and getting justified.................

PizzatheHut
Well, Captain...when that day arrives, let me know and I'll sort you out with some Pizza for your trip. If it's successful we can go on to include ex-wives, noisy neighbors and nagging in-laws, too.

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of my ex-boss, it will soon see the end of your insignificant mother.

Yup..a real lightsaber would be handy in a multitude of applications. Besides decapitations, Canadian lumberjacks could use them to lop down giant trees with just a fraction of the effort and without producing nasty CO2 emissions.
And without a gas engine to power there would be virtually no noise, meaning that the critters can enjoy the peace of their homes right up until the point of impact.

Acres of forest cleared in a third of the time. I think there's enough material here to petition the government for initial funding.

Who's with me?
smile smile

Dude Vader
I'll Sign.. How cool would that be. Maybe then I could get that promotion at work that I have been chasing. Hmmm...The possibilities are endless.

PizzatheHut
They are endless, Dude. If you're a lumberjack, they're time saving, too!

Dude Vader
Thank's to everyone who replied. The links were really helpful. Is it worth trying to make my own sabre or would it be better to buy one?

PVS
see...if i had a real lightsaber, i would be more of a vandal than a killer. just try to imagine the look on your boss' face when he/she walks out to the parking lot to find their car cut in half clean down the middle laughing out loud

Dude Vader
That would be awesome!!
What colour blade would you have?

PVS
beggars should not be choosers imho big grin

Dude Vader
Yeh but if you had the choice??

PizzatheHut
I'd have one that glows in the dark! Now that would be cool.

Dude Vader
Surely they all would ?!?!

PVS
if i had a choice? red i think.

PizzatheHut
Be nice to have a full set of replica Vader armor to go with it. I've seen plenty of Stormtrooper armor on Ebay but no Vader armor. Or am i just old and blind??

Stunrun
i can only afford the scaled down replica's, but there cool enoughwink

PizzatheHut
If scale replicas are available, surely there must be some full size masks out there?

PizzatheHut
Seriously..if there is a place that can supply a proper mask, one that dismantles ROTJ style, I'd love the link or phone number.

there are! i just dont remember where, seriously google it. i know that there are some out there. i think that i would also have a red one, evil is good.

Darth Subjekt
dude, if you had a real lightsaber, you wouldnt have to concern yourself with "affording it". fly your ass to skywaler ranch and just go nuts....who would stop you...you have a lightsaber....

PizzatheHut
Googling furiously here...

Any idea, i mean a ballpark figure, of how much an exact replica Vader mask/helmet would sell for? Dedicated fan here and would love to start a collection of truly authentic looking pieces.

Am i alright posting this here in your thread, Dude Vader? I know i havn't left you any choice but I'm new here and still feeling my way around.

The Force works in reverse for me..i see things after they happen.

Stunrun
if they were real, they'd probably use 'em in warwink that would be coolstick out tongue going into Iraq with lightsabers!laughing out loud

Stunrun
welcome to the boardswink

Dude Vader
I have just had a look there a a couple but none that I can see of real replica quality !!

PizzatheHut
Thank you, Stunrun. Truly a pleasure to be here. Now..who's in charge and who knows where i can get a top quality Vader helmet and mask combo?

Dude Vader
Feel free Pizza...I am new here also...Join me and together we can take on the world!!!! lol

Stunrun
talking about Vader helmets, i saw a really good outfit on this guy when i was in town. It was some kinda convention, i went around the corner and i saw Vader in a phone bootheek! am i seeing things!? i was well freaked out lol

PizzatheHut
I'm looking for top quality only, Lord Vader.

And if it dismantles....Woo-Hooooo!!

Stunrun
This guys helmet actually breathed like Vaderwink

try looking up topics on building them yourself, im not saying to go out and actually build them yourself, but they do sell already made peices on some of those sites that look pretty good. on starwarshop.com there are a few helmets on there as well including clone trooper, jango fett, and darth vader helmets. i remember seeing entire boba fett armor/costume on one of the sithe for like a thousand dollars, it was pretty sick, it even had the boots that he wears!

Dude Vader
I can't believe the rubbish some people get away with selling on the web....
h t t p://w w w.unitedmaskandparty.com/Character_Heads_And_Helmets/images/darth_vader_2_pc_helmet.

hey just fyi, unless youre posting hyperspace stuff you dont need to do that to the web address.

PizzatheHut
Wow, what a friendly thread! Thank you, Space Opera for that bit of info. Thousand bucks seems an awful lot for a helmet but if the quality is there i'd pay it.

Dude Vader
Thanks....I was not sure as I have seen other people do it before.

PizzatheHut
I've just Googled my way half way accross the Outer Rim and i still can't find a Vader mask that dismantles like in the film. Does anyone actually know if something like this exists, besides the one used on screen? I won't be able to sleep now until i know the answer.

go find custom costumes i think thatll work.

PizzatheHut
I'll do that after my supper. Special dinner tonight, it arrived in large boxes.

supper.....youre in the US! where in the US are you hawaii?

Jedi Priestess
Pizza,
I freaking love your user name yes

PizzatheHut
Are you kidding? When you're married to a brit, you have to learn a whole new language. They call their fries 'chips' and their chips 'crisps'.

Dude Vader
Nothing wrong with that...What freaks me out is that you guys call trousers "pants"

a PAIR of pants when usually there's only one.

PizzatheHut
Thank you, Priestess. I was after something a little more reflective of my personality, like 'Rock Thunderclap' or something, but the wife says Pizza is spot on.

PizzatheHut
What the hell is a 'trousers'?

PizzatheHut
No joy with Custom Costumes, by the way.

Dude Vader
the same as your pants. lol
Anyway I think we are getting off the subject here!!

PizzatheHut
Yes, you're right. The search must continue.

Here's a good question: Does anyone know which company produced the props for the films?

Dude Vader
Try this...It is only a 2 piece helmet though
h t t p://w w w.nightmarefactory.com/starwars.html

PizzatheHut
You know, so far, that is the best looking helmet combo i've seen. Unfortunately, i don't think that it can be dismantled. I'm hoping a Yoda-esque poster who's been here for ages will read this and enlighten me.

"No joy with Custom Costumes, by the way"

what do ya mean?

PizzatheHut
I mean that i visited the site and found no Vader related items. Or, more specifically, nothing that fits what I'm searching for. I'm after a display model Vader mask that can be separated, as in the scene from ROTJ where Luke removes some of it. I'd love to kick off a collection with a piece like that.

LandoSpeeder
Space Opera:., did you get that pic from here?

http://www.kensforce.com/Star_Wars_Episode_3.html
http://www.kensforce.com/04episode3anakindooku.jpg

Stunrun
laughing sorry just funny to see someone ask that questionlaughing but i understand u americans are not familiar with trouserswink

we dont where them, lando, no behind the magic .com

Stunrun
You do where trousers, but u guys call 'em pants. Pants, Trousers - same thing budwink

PizzatheHut
The Yanks and the Brits. Two nations separated by a common language.
The wife and i keep folk entertained all the time when we're out and about. Everyone loves the way she speaks. I love the British accent. Not so keen on your highways though.

Stunrun
LOL we simply are the two greatest nationswink

PizzatheHut
The longest I've ever stayed in the UK was 12 weeks. Loved every second of it with the exception of the roads. Too damn small and too many circular things instead of stop signs.

GCG
a dismantable helmet like this one ?

PizzatheHut
YES! YES! YES!

That's the one!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(runs around room flapping arms manically)

Oh..my pain has gone now!

Thank you, GCG.

From the heart of my bottom, Thank you.

(stands up and salutes GCG)

Any idea how many $$$ ?

Thank you so much again

big grin

GCG
you are going to have to steal that one ; i dont think its for sale ; its up at some museum

Stunrun
someones happylaughing

PizzatheHut
Oh Man...did you have to burst my bubble quite so fast?

Finally, after years of tireless searching, i am presented with the Holy Grail of Star Wars props and it's not for sale!!!

Why me??crybaby

Dude Vader
Where is it??? I'll arrange a heist. lol

Stunrun
Now theres a mission with impossible odds. Goodluck to you manwink steal that mask!

PizzatheHut
you can do that??

PizzatheHut
I had no idea that getting hold of one of these things would be so hard.
I'd gladly pay for one.

GCG
let me see..........it says Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

Dude Vader
How much are you willing to pay my friend?

PizzatheHut
I should get my brother -in-law to drop by the prop workshops over there in the UK. He fancies himself as a bit of a ninja. I saw the making of the Vader mask in the bonus disc of the box set. It's all done in a place just outside London, i think. They may have a dumpster out back with some treasure in it.
Anyone know the exact location?

PizzatheHut
I'd pay, My Lord. To be honest, i have no idea what something like that is actually worth. I'd go up to $1000, i guess.

PizzatheHut
Stop the press.

The wife told me to guess again.

Dude Vader
Just off for my Dinner...Lovely Ruby tonight!!

"They may have a dumpster out back with some treasure in it."

-im guessing that they dont take out the trash much over there do they?

PizzatheHut
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
What did Ruby make you, Dude Vader?

hey dude, what is vader doing in your sig?

Dude Vader
Trying to get his Park sabres sabre to work!!

oh i get it thats awesome@!

GCG
what was that again philips ? laughing out loud

Dude Vader
yep - state of the art

PizzatheHut
Ok, let's try this:

Cash reward offered to whoever is able to supply me with details or info with regards to getting a hold of a Vader mask. Here's hoping.

vanyoda
Hey Dude Vader, I found this on e bay. Looks
quite good to me,might try a bid on it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73554&item=2284996976&rd=1

Dude Vader
Originally posted by vanyoda
Hey Dude Vader, I found this on e bay. Looks
quite good to me,might try a bid on it myself.

Thanks Vanyoda looks good but it is not 100% Movie accurate. I would love the one from the museum, Or one like it.

Count Doodoo
I've sat through many a boring class daydreaming about what it would be like to walk around cutting various things apart with a lightsaber. Hadn't thought much about cutting people apart though. I s'pose you could gradually cut away their arms and legs an inch or two at a time (assuming it cauterized the cut).

PizzatheHut
Now THAT is getting nearer the mark. Not exactly the same but easily the best mask that i've seen so far. Excellent find, Vanyoda. I'm going to bid, i think.

Dude Vader
Just found this on the Uk E-bay
h t t p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=154&item=7934847477&rd=1

Dude Vader
It's a tad bit cheaper than the one above!!!

PizzatheHut
Not fair!! Dead link. How cruel.

Dude Vader
If you take the spaces out it will load

Dude Vader
Is it worth trying to make my own sabre or would it be better to buy one?

itll be cool to make your own because of then itll be your own personal design, if you buy it itll be somebody elses which isnt as fun

Dude Vader
Do you know of anywhere that will have plans??

google it.

Ushgarak
Ok, meanwhile... anything Episode III releated to be discussed here?

Dude Vader
Ok...I have heard that there is a new style Vader suit. If true, Does anyone have any pics?

PizzatheHut
Dude Vader. If you decide to box something up yourself, any chance of a pic? Lightsaber would be good. They seem less complex than a mask.
I have a buddy of mine coming to visit in a couple of weeks and he bought a Lightsaber from a lisenced distributor. I'll get pics and post them when he's here.

Dude Vader
Cool..We can compare and see if it is worth my while. Thanks Pizza

PizzatheHut
Here's a question: Can anyone explain to me how we post video clips please?

upload it from your hardrive.

PizzatheHut
Thank you, Space, i really appreciate your help but i was hoping for a more instructional, idiot proof response. Unfortunately, being in my mid-40's, i have only just mastered using a fax. I wouldn't know where my discdrive would be located.

I know it sounds sad, but we only got our internet a few months ago.
Still learning our way around. Sorry if i've come off as annoying..not intentional if i have.

I have some good pics that are worthy of posting. Bought a proper digital camera and i know how to get the pics out of it. They go into something called 'My Documents', never to be seen again.But they are in there. My buddy will retrieve them when he visits but it'll be handy to know in advance what steps i need to take to get the pics up on a thread. PM or Email. Any help would be very well received.

Batman316
you need to find someone to host them

thus ends this 31 year olds vast knowledge lol.

Dude Vader
I will be going to the hardware store tomorrow to buy materials to attempt to build my own lightsabre. Should be fun!!!!! Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I can use for the light emitter?

Boris
Some sites I found...

Project Graflex
Big Yellow Box Lightsabers
A New Hope Graflex

PizzatheHut
Thaking notes here, Boris...
Dude, will you keep us updated with progress reports?

Which saber are you planning on doing? Or is that a stupid question?

Dude Vader
Thanks for the links Boris, Realy helpful. As you probobly guessed Pizza, I want to make either Darth's or Luke's.
As soon as I have made any progress I will keep you all up to speed with pics.

PizzatheHut
Top man, Dude. I'd love a prop to display.

Off topic a little, but does anyone else, besides me, think that Hugh Jackman is a dead ringer for a 70's era Clint Eastwood? Watching him as Wolverine he looks just like Dirty Harry.

What do you think?

Dude Vader
I now have most of the materials needed, I will begin building it tomorrow. I think that the similarity is uncanny!!

PizzatheHut
I have my suspicions. Remember how Clark Kent was never seen with Superman, together at the same time?

I see a pattern here..

Dude Vader
Here is my first attempt. It is nowhere near finished yet. What do you think???

eXSBass
It's good

musashi_sw
very good

Dude Vader
I still have loads more to do to it yet like the buttons etc. More pics to follow soon...

Dude Vader
Here's another one

cool brotha!

Dude Vader
I need to get hold of some MG/Mini wiper blades for the correct grips, but the ones above work as a quick fix. Soon my training will be complete.

PizzatheHut
DAYUMMMMM!! You made that yourself?? Looks fantastic for a home made. Is it shiny plastic or metal?

Dude Vader
Thanks Pizza. All metal. I need to get a prescision saw for the small intricate parts.

LandoSpeeder
PizzatheHut, how do you spell dummy?
laughing out loud

PizzatheHut
Lando, my friend, I spell 'dummy' as follows: D U M M Y.

Anyone else need something clarified? I'm your man!

Next please!

LandoSpeeder
What's DAYUMMMMM mean than?

PizzatheHut
'DAYUMMMM' is the phonetic spelling of the exaggerated, or emphasised, enunciation of the word 'DAMN'.
This was a common phrase in the popular kiddie blockbuster 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'.

Anyone else?

PizzatheHut
Dude, how is that saber progressing? Will you take commission work?

MornGlory
starwars

Dude Vader
Hi Pizza. Been swamped at work recently, not had a chance to do any more work on it. I am going to spend most of the day tomorrow working on it. What do you mean by commission work? Do you want one????

PizzatheHut
Do i want one? Hell yeah! Who wouldn't want a metal replica like that?

How close is it to the original? Seriously, i think it looks excellent. What do you do for a living, Dude?

Dude Vader
The shaft and control box look exact (I checked with one in a shop near me) The grips and emmitter are way off but I just stuck something in there to make it look better for the time being. As I said I will be doing some intensive work on it tomorrow. I will keep you updated with pics and reprts. Let me get this one perfected and I will decide if it is worth my while building them for sale. I work in the motor trade.

PizzatheHut
Motor trade?

Any chance of knocking me up a Batmobile repllica? 89 Keaton version would be ...what's that word that Homer uses when he's thinking of food?

Well it would be that word.

On a serious note, i definitely am interested in the saber. Especially as you're a perfectionist. Or were you just tooting your horn?

PizzatheHut
smile smile smile

"89 Keaton version would be ...what's that word that Homer uses when he's thinking of food?"

i believe the word you're looking for is: droolio....

PizzatheHut
Hahahahaha...that's the one, Space!!

Yup, THAT word.

Dude Vader
I wouldn't go so far as to say I am a perfectionist but I definately pay attention to deatil and like thing's done properly. As for the Batmobile....Let me finish the sabre first then we will talk about making a shell.

Ushgarak
Ok, do NOT use these threads for General chat. Further occurences of this will result in warnings.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.