Superboy is underrated, why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
I've read a topic on this forum were someone says that Spider-Man will own Superboy, this make me laughing, because peoples probably don't know how SB powers function.
Here it goes:

Tactile Telekinesis grants little S to lift great weights without efforts, if he wants to lift something, he can.He has lifted the Taj Mahal, and the world largest yacht that had a weight of 600tons, without effort.But after that you'll start to say, his telekinetic strenght is not real superstrenght.
No?If Superboy focus is telekinetic aura into is blows, like he do in combat, he's capable of great feats of superstrenght, he has fought strong metahumans like Valor, a Daxamite, that has powers like flight, heat vision, super strenght and invulnerability at great level, and Superboy was standing and fight, and the blows Superboy deal to Valor were very strong.He also defeated Aquaman like he was a little blond doll(ok Aquaman has not greant superstrenght).Also he can peform telekinetic shockwaves of great damage, and heat vision if he is sufficient angry, but i read that know he can control is heat vision(that is a form of pyrokinesis).His stamina and reflexes are on great level, and his invulnerability to physical attacks is grow, especially vs energy attacks, that was low in his first issues.So why this guy is so underrated?I think that SB is not a crap version of Superman, but a young freakin fun version of him, and also possess great powers.

Gregory
Who knows? I like Superboy, though. Certainly more than I like Superman.

pr1983
I like superboy, he did some pretty cool shit(even with young justice), but i still prefer superman.

superboys powers are formidable, i'll give him that. could he beat spidey? possibly, but its a close match up, either one could take it.

Mightyrain
Spidey's webs wouldn't have the same effect on SB either. SB can move anything that he touches physically at will... thats how his feets of superstength are possible. For instance he picked up a rope in a very early appearance and thought of a girl, the rope bent into the shape of a woman's outline. That combined with the ability to use the aura for ripping stuff apart or lifting stuff would in turn give him the ability to rip free from the webbing and use it against Spidey.

How ever Spidey has the agility and Spidey Sense going for him... so he may be able to take out SB using that.

norrin radd

baddspellahl4
superboy is what superman SHOULD be, and he's one of the coolest dc characters to me.

K3VIL
Actually Superboy TK is at a high level instead that of the past.He can project pyrokinesis in form of heat vision, and his tactile telekinesis had grown in terms of power and effectivness, also his telekinetic strenght in terms of physical power of his punches his higher than that of the past.
Spidey reflexes and agility are not a match for that of Superboy, and don't forget his superfast heal factor that grant him stamina greater than that of Spider-Man.

1 question:

Cable possess telekinetic strenght in form of the ability to peform superstrong punch like Superboy and Exodus?

shadow177a17
Now though possessing some of the capabilities of a kryptonian makes him even more powerful. That fight between Spider-Man and Superboy was crap in my opinion. SB can erect force fields which he can use it in various of uses. In a picture I saw he formed a force field into a pillow to catch him and the Creeper. Though with the Titans Tomorrow Superboy he can easily mop the floor with Spiderman in a heartbeat. Because he is an adult at that time he grown probably more powerful then Superman. The fight would be over in a few minutes with the Adult Superboy if he ever faced Spider-Man again. Also in the Young Justice comic Sins of Youth you get to see a glimpse of how powerful he becomes as an Adult.

soleran30
Superboy with his level of TK is a monster!

nigel45
The actual SB Spidey fight was a fairly long time ago. They basically tried to chock (chalk?) it up to experience on Spidey's side to give him the win (Not to mention it was all voted on beforehand). SB probably could have/should have won the fight back then, and most definitely could/should now. Spiderman simply can't beat him by conventional means (punches, kicks, webbing are out).

steverules
I know that was the dumbest fight I've ever seen. Aren't they gonna make a superboy movie? I think I heard somewhere that they are.

Scarecrow756
I have only read one Superboy comic and I found him pretty cool in that comic. I think he is an alright character.

Mindship
Regarding strength and agility, even Spiderman admitted that he probably did not have "enough of either" to beat Superboy in "close quarters." He pulled the ol' dodge-at-the-last-second-and-opponent-crashes-into-something-worse-behind-me trick. Always a good one; works well with hot heads, like the Torch.

And as for "tactile telekinesis"... isn't that kinda like a contradiction? I mean, if you can touch it, then you're not really moving it from/at a distance.

Avalonofthewind
As a character, Post crisis Superboy has been a great character. I haven't really seen him underrated in the forums I've ran across.

To be honest, I liked all of the Death of Superman characters, I wouldn't have had a problem if they kept them around and Supes dead a bit longer as it was a great storyline.

Fanboy
Why does Superman not have Tactile Telekenesis?

JediKatarn1
Actually a Superboy wouldn't be so bad because if DC and Warner Brother did decide to do Superboy, it would be a Prequel to the first Superman movie with Christopher Reeve back in 1978. Superman Returns too took place after Superman II but before Superman III.

pr1983
Originally posted by pr1983
I like superboy, he did some pretty cool shit(even with young justice), but i still prefer superman.

superboys powers are formidable, i'll give him that. could he beat spidey? possibly, but its a close match up, either one could take it.

ugh, i cant believe i said that...

Originally posted by Fanboy

its just not the way his powers work... remember, superman is fully kryptonian, superboy isn't...

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
ugh, i cant believe i said that...
laughing out loud

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
laughing out loud

i'd read very little dc before forming that opinion, if you can even call it that...

long pig
He's underrated because D.C must have a character to be in "awe" of Superman. SB is that douchbag.

If D.C weren't so protective over Superman, they'd have SB hella powerful and a genius level I.Q and he'd be an insane strategist.

Stupid D.C and their hard on for SM. You KNOW the whole being in awe thing is forced on the writers when Hitman, the psychopath hitman who had no problem shooting someone, gets all teary eyed and nervous when Superman comes to see him. He says "Wow, it's you! I can't believe it. What is someone like you doing here?" he said all that stuttering and nervous. ****ing stupid.

It's like D.C says "You better put Superman in and showing Hitman in awe or you're fired."

pr1983
Originally posted by long pig
He's underrated because D.C must have a character to be in "awe" of Superman. SB is that douchbag.

If D.C weren't so protective over Superman, they'd have SB hella powerful and a genius level I.Q and he'd be an insane strategist.

Stupid D.C and their hard on for SM. You KNOW the whole being in awe thing is forced on the writers when Hitman, the psychopath hitman who had no problem shooting someone, gets all teary eyed and nervous when Superman comes to see him. He says "Wow, it's you! I can't believe it. What is someone like you doing here?" he said all that stuttering and nervous. ****ing stupid.

It's like D.C says "You better put Superman in and showing Hitman in awe or you're fired."

no expression that's just not true...

cigarman
Originally posted by Fanboy

He does.It's how he can lift a plane or mountain or whatever without it breaking under it's own weight.All Kryptonians have it to some degree.

When Superboy was first created,he had no Kryptonian abilities other than the TTK,so he had to become very adept with it,and used it to simulate traditianal Kryptonian powers.As time went on he developed actual super strenght and speed and invulnerability,so he used his advanced TTK in addition to those more traditianally Kryptonian powers.

Spider-Chris
can someone post a pic. of superboy?

Jack Harkness
SB was awesome.

He could have beat Spidey.

JediKatarn1
Google Gerald Christopher, he played Superboy on the television series. It ran from 1988 to 1990 for only 3 years. He was the first Superboy on tv.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.