Falling Down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botankus
An outstanding yet severely overlooked film from 1993, Falling Down lays out one of the most important messages I've ever had the chance to actually agree with and support: How we, as consumers and the everyday public, are disregarded and trampled on every day of our lives by people who don't know us, don't care about us, but SHOULD (to some degree).

I personally thought D-FENS (Michael Douglas' character) was the GOOD guy, and it pissed me off when he died.

Anyone else feel the same way?

BackFire
I agree completely, very underrated. I love this film, it's hilarious, touching and sad at the same time. It has a very strong message about our society and is one of the more enjoyable films around.

botankus
Footnote: The cashier at Whammyburger is Deedee Pfeiffer, Michelle's sister.

greyboy
I think this is an amazing movie. It's one of those movies that I always stop and watch no matter what else is on. Its addicting in a very dark way (obviously). And I agree with you regarding the spoiler.

Deus_ex_Machina
great movie, all i can say bout it

dean7879
quality film...

WindDancer
I head that this film was shot during the L.A. riots in 1992. Is a rumor, but a good one.

botankus
Since it came out in 1993, it could have been. That's still interesting, though.

roundisfunny
Remember the guy who played the "Marshall" in Dodge City in "National Lampoon's Vacation"? That's Richard Dreyfuss's brother.

Oh, and uh...yeah, I liked "Falling Down" too, though the whole third act left a LOT to be desired.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.