what kind of music do you prefer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

just4divinity
ok i was just wondering what kind of music you guys like, and some bands that you listen to.

BackFire
Rock, I guess...

Just for the record, Emo is shitty. Bunch of dipshits with affro's and high pitched voices bitching about bullshit.

SlipknoT
Metal

Tptmanno1
The kind that goes in the correct section of the forum
Music Forum

lil bitchiness
You dont like Mars Volta or At The Drive In, no?

BackFire
At the Drive in, but they're good so I can't consider them emo.

vaya_the_elf
Rock

just4divinity
what are some good bands?

Kiyouhana
Rap..no R&B just Rap....

vaya_the_elf
Depends on your taste.

just4divinity
just any at all. just ones that you like

Dr. Strangelove
Rock and Hip Hop are my favorites. I also like techno, abstract beats, some country, some jazz, and some classical.

Tptmanno1
Rock, Real rock, non of that shitty good Charolette crap

just4divinity
how about some blindside or three days grace?

startxthexmosh
ive got my motorcycle jacket...but im walking all the time

Scarpa
Metallica, Creed, Papa Roach,Slipknot, Godsmack

startxthexmosh
i like mostly rock.old rock.some new rock.but i like some pop.some rap/hip hop.some soul.EVERYTHING!!

Darth Revan
How about not no expression

I like a lot of stuff. Mostly rock, metal, and hip-hop... Some emo, funk, soul, techno, punk, classical, surf, and prolly some other shit that I'm too tired to think of

Silver Stardust
My favorite genre is rock, but I also like some emo, punk, techno, and a ton of other stuff.

hh?
rap isn't a genre.

my fav genres: underground hip hop, classical and some rock (RATM)

Silver Stardust
RATM rock though they're kinda hip-hop/rock.

Jackie Malfoy
Lets see I like pop music some punk musicals and alittle bit of Country and rock and roll and soundtracks!and that is all.I am not sure what to call Pink Floyd's music through!See you around.JM

Darth Prefect
Norma Jean, Underoath, The Chariot, Coheed and Cambria, Showbread, The Mars Volta

Filth
Metal

Samurai Guy
I will listen to anything really. Country sucks and most pop music is terrible.

Country is just a white persons pathetic attempt at blues. (I am white bare in mind.) But all of the white people had to sing about was how their dog died and how their truck isn't working right.

Pop... most pop bands are just trying to hard to be accepted. Like Simple Plan... just kill yourselves already. You are terrible. Boy bands and Pop Princesses deserve to be punched in the dick (or lack thereof, the face will suffice.)

Anything else... modern rappers need to get back to "Thug Rap." (I know I am generalizing and I shouldn't. There are some good rappers around now) When rap was about something... not just an excuse to put bass in a song. Rap was good in the early 90's. Around 96 it went down hill. 50 Cent, Eminem, and those idiots from OutKast also could use a good dick punch.

Rock... most rock/metal/whatever is good right now. Radio sucks, but everyone knows that. They overplay anything that is half decent until you cannot take it anymore and want to take a power drill to your temple. There are a few good bands that are just coming out. The Killers, Breaking Benjamin, Revis (not really new), but other then that... most stuff sucks. It is kind of sad when I head Korn doing versions of Pink Floyd. Stupid pricks.. write your own music.

...Okay, I am done venting now.

I apologize to anyone offended by my dick punching comments.

Baylin
I put rock down as I listen to rock and metal a lot, but then I love blues rock and all sorts of other stuff depending on my mood erm

Samurai Guy
There is no classical choice, nor is there Ambient, Trance/Jungle/House/Techno, Ska (can go under punk/emo)... there is a whole lot missed. So I chose not to vote.

And I didn't vent on Emo music either... oh well.

Baylin
Funnily enough it doesn't look like I voted either, oh well could be worse!

dave123
i can't put the music i like into just one category erm

Samurai Guy
Difficult, no?

Deathblow
You can't lump emo and punk together, they're like opposites messed

I like hardcore & screamo.

Frosty Beverage
i like classic rock-led zepplin 'specially

wicker_man
All avenues of Rock and Metal (this also includes Punk and Indie) but i'm also partial to a bit of classical.

Samurai Guy
Not really.

Nazgulinthedark
i like the answer "country/western"...oh wait, i just remembered country isnt a genre! eek!

and this belongs in the music forum along with all the other music polls that dont inculde country happy

Samurai Guy
We all know that...

Where is BackFire when you need him?

SlipknoT
my favorite bands are

Slipknot
Slayer
Pantera
CKY
Him
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Lamb of God
Old Metallica
Megadeath
Cannibal Corpse
Cradle of Filth
Killswitch Engage

and alot of others that i cant think of

darkcrown
Techno, Alternitave, and the occasional Deathmetal! big grin

§pearhead
oh god...a wide variety of music, actually, i'll take some rock, metal, country, classical (movie soundtracks only though) blink basically anything that's not hip-hop or rap

my favorite bands include Shinedown, Pink Floyd, Spineshank, In Flames, Cold, Dogfight--a local Bostonian band--Trapt is ok-ish messed

Velvet Revolver and Audioslave are no-nos

hh?
rap isn't a genre. and hip hop has 1000's of great rappers. radio and tv suck ass.

darkcrown
My favorite bands are: Morcheeba(I luv the big calm CD), Beat 666, Disturbed, Deftones is okay, Trapt is okay, Jade is good, FQLA isn't half bad.

Drifter101
rock..........classic rock that is..... like 60's artists and those 70's rock bands

ElectricBugaloo
I can't just pick one. My top artists that I listen to are:

The Beatles
Sage Francis
The Shins
Elliott Smith
Black Sabbath

so rigth there, I got classic rock, hard rock, underground hip hop, indie pop and some acoustic balladry.

hh?
whats your fav Sage Francis track?

Anna85
RAP!!!!

hh?
rap isn't a genre wink

its hip hop.

Anna85
anyway... embarrasment

hh?
laughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
Crack Pipes/Different

Aleera1138
Definitely Rock LOL rock

ChickinMeat
thats what im talking about! black sabbath, metallica, some slayer and throw in some pantera, a winning combination.

but for the poll, rock.

Aleera1138
It so cool to hear that Others still Love Metal like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Pantera, Dio and so on. big grin

ChickinMeat
black sabbath are a classic, they cant grow old! seen them live with the original cast, what a spectacle that was!

AnonymousNerd
Massive fan of HIP HOP. None of this crap like Eminem, 50 Cent, Fabulos etc.

MC's like:

Immortal Technique
Sage Francis
DeepSpace 5
LA Symphony
Nas
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Common
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Braille
Tech N9ne
Jeru the damaja
heirogyphics
del
wordsmith
the roots
canibus
saigon
tonedeff
cannibal ox
jean grae
necro

etc.

hh?
great list man thumbup the only person i would take out is Canibus and Tech N9ne. they good but i dont like.

*Danii*
I love all of these bands, but there loads of different genres etc. , so I've come to the conclusion that I have really screwed up taste in music -

Pixies
The Killers
Maroon 5
No Doubt
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Franz ferdinand
McFly embarrasment
Good Charlotte
The Beach Boys
Theory of a Deadman
The Ataris
Wheatus
Red hot Chilis
less than Jake
Blink 182
Reef
Letters to Cleo
Sister Hazel
Gary Jules
Smash Mouth
madness
Slipknot
The Hives
Jimmy Eat World
Hoobastank
metallica
Anti Flag
The Offspring
Descendants
Strike Anywhere
NOFX
Social Distortion
puddle of Mudd
Bowling for Soup
The Vines

SlipknoT
you just cant go wrong with those bands

AnonymousNerd
Yeah tech aint the greatest. I fell in love with canibus when I heard "you Didnt care" as an Eminem hater i LOVVVVVVED that track.

And dude, I'm a girl. lol

hh?
drool laughing out loud

well good to see a female that enjoys real hip hop wink

ChickinMeat
exactly my man, exactly

Alpha Centauri
Rock is where the heart is.

Hiphop is a home away from home.

-AC

GABRIEL05
It all kinda sucks but if I had to make a preference I would say I would prefer lancing a boil off my ass with a heated rusty iron chisel

Bierbommetje
Rock I guess

UNDERTAKER
rap and rock. rap wise is eazy e nwa run dmc 2pac and many more.

rock wise saliva pantera metalica korn godsmack.

baracustastic
Rock

Definitely Rock

hh?
rap isn't a genre.

its hip hop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.