Remaking Evil Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EOWYN3
What do you think?

http://www.killermovies.com/e/theevildead/articles/4643.html

ragesRemorse
I dont know man, i mean why? Also, it says that Campbell is producing, it doesnt say if he is to star. Evel dead 2 can basically be chalked up as a remake. Or atleast an elaboration of the same events that occured in the first film. It seems like a decesion to get a new audience to the films rather than trying to make another film to appeal to the already large following audience that they have. Without Raimi not directing, half of it's potential is already out the window, If campbell is not starring then there would be no reason for it to be made.

It really does seem that making a remake is to grab new commers to the films. I mean, i dont want to see ash go from being a whiny average joe to becomming the bad ass creature killer he is all over again. Or maybe Raimi is so busy with Spiderman, and wants to answer the fans call for another appearance of ash so does the next best thing and produces one, but without bruce it is nohting.

BackFire
I think this is great. As long as Raimi directs and Bruce stars, how could they go wrong?

Cinemaddiction
I give up. Just remake NOES and Friday the 13th, screw my girlfriend and then spit in my eye.

Kill my cat, too. Is nothing sacred in cinema?

He's not, and he probably wont.

BlackC@t
Damn! I was just gonna' make a thread on this.

Sorry BF, Raimi won't be directing, he's too busy with Spider-Man 3. Bruce won't be starring it in either.

Wolfie
Bruce Campbell is and always will be the one and only Ash. No one other than him can be Ash. With Sam Raimi as a producer, it could still have some promise if only Campbell would be Ash. mad

BackFire
Ah, well with that information then I have to switch my prior feelings. They shouldn't do it.

wicker_man
Whats next Colin Farrell or Orlando Bloom taking over Campbells role, this is one film they should not touch.

MornGlory
why do they need to remake this movie--

another horror movie with big boob chics and dumb good looking guys- its all so gay

MildPossession
Oooo the morons, think of your OWN ideas, or at least remake CRAP movies.

Lord_Andres
I'm with BF if they keep the original team then they should be ok, if not tis gonna end up like all the other remakes

zombieman
We want Evil Dead 4, not a pointless remake of the original.

SlipknoT
What the **** is with all of these remakes?

Wolfie
If they're gonna put all this effort into an Evil Dead remake, why can't they just put the same amount of effort into an Evil Dead 4 like what the people actually want?

<<Solo>>
Wtf are you talking about? Have you even seen Evil Dead?

Cinemaddiction
I read that, and just shook my head..lol.

SlipknoT
its so far from the truth

tabby999
i suppose if Raimi is to busy to work on it and bruce dosn't want to be part of it, then it'd be easier to simple remake the origonal then preduce a whole 4th movie. and really, do you want a Evil Dead movie thats part of the series made as an origonal by someone else with someone else as ash. no way

x7Enigma7x
Evil Dead is a cult classic, if they re-make it you will probably have sex involved and actors that cant act like the originals

Jim-Jam
how can they even think about doing this, i heard raimi halted 'freddy vs. jayson vs. ash' because he wanted to keep the options open for that character, if all he is doing is re'making evil dead he shud hav let 'fv.jv.a' come to pass, i just wanto see a conclusion to the directorial ending of army of darkness, 'fv.jv.a' might have done that, once i heard he stoped it and why i was all "hot digity damn- evil dead 4!!" but now i dont think ill ever see this conclusion, im soo distrought

Jim-Jam
Campbell recently said he wanted to reprise his role as the character

tabby999
where did he say that? i thought he'd always been against Evil Dead 4

<<Solo>>
Wait, I thought there already was a remake. Wasn't it Cabin Fever.

Wolfie
He was against reprising the Ash role at all until recently when he agreed to Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash. So he might've changed his mind for Evil Dead 4.

ragesRemorse
Funny, i thought evil dead 2 was a remake of evil dead.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, that would have been a good idea. Better than remaking Evil dead without Bruce. It was ebcause Raimi that the ash thing diddnt pan out for Freddy vs jason vs ash, So why the hell would he consent to a remake of Evil dead without Bruce? Sounds like someone needs to take their dick out of Spidermans ass.

tabby999
maybe he was smoking crack?

Wolfie
He just needs to think. It was either sign on the dotted line for a really cool sequel to Freddy vs. Jason or produce a never-should-be-made remake to Evil Dead. Priorities out of whack!

Evil Dead
- Campbell hasn't been against starring as Ash again........he has always stated that he just didn't think they'd end up doing another one. He has never had anything against the films or playing the character......just didn't think they'd ever have the chance to do another one.

- this remake is going to suck more than most. I can't wait until they get Freddy Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar to star as Ash and Linda.......boy won't that be a terrific horror film.

Johnlindsey289
SACRELIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you remake one of the best horror movies in film history?

You cannot fix something that isn't broken, now they are going to remake "Suspiria" next which also doesn't need remaking.

I hope they don't re-do "Re-Animator", "Dead Alive", " Tenebere" or " The Beyond".

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

<<Solo>>
Word around RT is that Sean William Scott is playing Ash. And is confirmed.

SlipknoT
Ok all hopes of it being good have just ended

Wolfie
Solo, you have just made me WANT Justin Theroux as Ash now. Sean William Scott as Ash... disgusting!

Wolfie
The Hollywood mentality: Put a lot of money into it and it will be better than the original.

ragesRemorse
hey, sean william scott just might work as ash, but then again if i drop enough acid, Micheal J fox would be a kick ass Ash.

the beauty of hallucinogens

moviejunkie23
Sam and Bruce have always said thye wanted to do another Evil Dead but they didn't have the people backing them with the money for a budget. Army (though a awesome film and oh so funny) did terrible in the box office, you know how greedy hollywood people are thye woudn't touch that with a ten foot poll to make a sequel to that. So is it possible they are making this remake and if it makes a good amount of money thye may get the green light to make a ED 4??
But if that is confirmed that Scott is playing Ash thats the saddest most wretched thing i have ever heard!!! Please let that not be true!!!!
sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Wolfie
I'm probably giving Hollywood too much credit here when I say this. Do you think they might be making this remake to regain popularity for the Evil Dead so an ED4 will be successful in the box office?

moviejunkie23
yea wolfie i am trying to be optimistic too, also this thread made me curios as to what he has said at late. so i looked up a interview he had recently. He said he does want to do a evil dead 4, eventually. but he said for right now he is focused on spider man and he said the way he works he can't focus on two projects so evil dead 4 is def on the back burner if it ever gets done but he said he would be interested in it.
In the interview he didn't say anything about the reamke sorry sad
But he did comment on freddy vs jason vs ash and said that if it was done right he would like it but he said he would be a little finicky on how another director treated ash, he said it would have to be the right story. He also said he wasn't sure f Ash belonged in their world. Overall he seemed very shaky about it.

Anyway talking about the casting for ash you know who might be good? I'll throw the idea up and see what you guys think. How do you think the actor for donnie darko would do as Ash???
thumb up
thats my opinion for a Ash if they MUST make a remake

Wolfie
That might be the best choice. IMO, maybe Tom Jane.

I've heard that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell both want to make an ED4 when they have the time. Sam Raimi has many films planned before ED4 so by the time they'd get to it, Campbell would be too old to reprise Ash.

moviejunkie23
what other films does Rami have planned for down the line? All i know is him doing the Spider man that he is actually 100 percent doing

papabeard
Source : Creature Corner

EVIL DEAD REMAKE: MAYBE NOT

Source: Marsdust

I'm not sure how advisable it is to get your movie news from the guy who used to drive Seaquest, but I suppose Ted Raimi does have the inside track on certain projects.

One of those is the previously announced remake of Evil Dead, which very few horror fanatics found to be a good idea. We heard a few rumors that original director Sam Raimi, who would produce the update (actually a combo of Evil Dead 1 & 2) through his Ghost House company, was looking for a visionary director (Oldboy helmer Chan-wook Park was among those rumored) to bring the Ashless account of Necronomicon fun into the 21st century.

But maybe Sam has reconsidered, or he's just too busy with the webbed wonder to give it attention. A site called Marsdust sat down with Sam's character actor sibling Ted, who succinctly extinguished the remake's buzz: "There won't be one as far as I know. That's all I know. I mean there might be, there might be one but as far as I can tell there isn't. Nothing's going on with it at the moment."

When out promoting Ghost House features, Ted's lesser-known bro Sam also tends to drop mention of making Evil Dead 4, but I think he just gets kicks from spitting gasoline on the flames of fandom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.