I was reading the paper today...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
...and they said 'Aragorn' may soon be in the Top One Hundred of popular boys names!

Leggy_n_Merry
Oh my god really? Can you imagine in school and being called Aragorn lol!! Well maybe in the future when they are in school then it'll be a common name big grin It is kinda cool that there might be a lot of Aragorn's running round! There should be people called Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Sam (oh wait Sam is a name haha) etc smile

Discos
lol, nice,

whenever/if I get married I want my son/daughter to have a quite decent/hip/awesome name. Not something like"gurt or samuel"

something catchy like "Angus" lol, "Joey", "James"

Phoenix
big grin

If I have a boy, I'm gonna call him Peregrin! And he will probably hate me for it... laughing out loud

Leggy_n_Merry
Awww that's sweet! Merry's a cute name too! But Frodo sounds more like a pets name or something.

Gurt laughing hahaha

Discos
lol, Gurt, you should hear me take the piss out of the name Gurt with my friends, *chuckles like a science freak*... *cough*...my names Gurt!

Leggy_n_Merry
Your names Gurt? HUH? lol I thought it was Discos laughing haha

Fëanor
~imagines~
Teaher: Class, we have a new student today...*points to new student*
please introduce yourself...

Student: Hi...my name is Aragon son of George? stick out tongue

Discos
lol@feanor,

hell no my name aint Gurt!, My name is Discos,

Discos - however, in real life, you may call me....Discos

yerssot
congrats phoe, you read the paper today stick out tongue

Discos
lol, I only used to read the paper when I was a frickin paper boy!

I occassionaly read the newspapers they have at the Tesco cafe (I go there when I skip the first class in the morning at school to have some breakfast...)

Exa
LOL laughing out loud

Really, the top 100??? Whoa... its so unfair that you arent even allowed to call your child "fictional" names here mad

So I will help lotr names to come among the top ten of cats' names stick out tongue

BingaBonga
Really, that's hilarious! I wouldn't name my children after lotr, but maybe a pet... anyway that's cool, I guess messed

sauron
i want to call my daughter (if i have one) elanor....its purdy

Discos
not allowed, Exa?

also, come to think of it "Hugo" is a awesome name,

Exa

Exa
No, not allowed - in Germany (as in Austria and I think several other countries here) you are only allowed to call your child an "attested" name... like, it was the name of a saint or its an old celtic name or its the asian version of some norse name or whatever big grin but you cant invent name or other versions of an existing name yourself, well you can but you cant officially name your child with it big grin

sauron
you can see the kid at school lol

bully: give me your money!

wimp: waaah

aragorn: he has gone unchallenged long enough!

discos your not exactly a...well...model pupil are you lol....excluded for 'mobbing and rioting' laughing at the polish exchange student gurt.....skipping your classes stick out tongue god knows what else stick out tongue

i think i gave my math teacher a good nickname today.....hernzer

Smodden
i actuall know a few ppl who have lotr names though i don't think there names were named for lotr

pippen
elanor
sam
well thats all...*shrugs*

sauron
elanor is a beautiful name smile

Kitoky
Elanor's a prissy name. big grin

No offense.

I want my name to be Murazor. smile That'd be so awesome because it's a name that used a Z NOT in front.

Discos
lol or how about a crazy evil name for your son like"Shebat" or "Kregrot"

Discos - or even "kitoky" or "chris" shifty

Kitoky
I shall be KITOK!

Isilcal
Wowblinkbig grinlaughing

Discos
:/ erm, sure why not?

if I do have children, I would call them by names which wouldnt of been an ex-girlfriend or that matter my wifes ex-boyfriend, I would simply just hate it!

Discos - "come here Nicola.....come to daddy!"

Kitoky
RICOOOOOOOOOLA! Sorry, just had to get that out. big grin

angelsflame265
If i ever have a boy his nick name shall be pippin even if his name is joe

Fëanor
yes...but can you imagine going through life called Gaylord!!! big grin

Bar-en-Danwedh
I actually already know an Aragon!

samIam
really ...I would like to name my daughter elanor , but now that my friend said it ..it reminds me or elanor ( i am not sure which way she spelled it but) Roosevelt

but i love that name!

Phoenix
My music teacher is called Arwen!

Phoenix
And we asked her if it was actually because of lotr, and she said yes, her parents are fanatics

Phoenix
big grin

pip-foot
I wanna name my kid Elanor, i love that name stick out tongue

Galadrial Rose, also sounds nice together, and they could go by rose if they wanted stick out tongue

I will also probably name one PIPPIN stick out tongue DUH

ANd maybe SAm smile

Exa
Lol really? Whoa... she's lucky having such a beautiful name...

Hm, Pippin is actually a normal name wink (cf. the carolingian era) that's why Tolkien chose it... hobbit names are supposed to sound at least a little familiar... Peregrin is also a european name.

Camellia
HEY! My brother is called Samuel!! stick out tongue

GAH!!! You stole it from usssssssss!!!!!!! That is going to be the name of MY daughter, precious! You stupid fat hobbit!!!....smile

And everybody else that said so! Shame on thee!!!

smile I am joking, of course!

Phoenix
I think we're all gonna call our daughters Elanor!

sauron
hows about

my daughter-elanor
my son- (discos will like thos one) KREG!

Fëanor
well you can always call your daughter Elanor Rigby?? stick out tongue

Me I like Uther...sounds so.......british...matter of fact most of the names in the story of Arthur is pretty cool...

for LotR - I like Boromir or Haleth but too much like Hal...

Phoenix
I'd like to call my daughter Eowyn, but she would probably disown me fr it... big grin

Exa
Lol, that sounds like the name of the guy who made the horrible new german translation of LoTR:.. messed messed stupid translations sometimes. Tried to make it look modern...

If I could Id perhaps call mine Nieninque smile like the name

Exa
Hm, the name I like best from that story is still Galahad... reminds me of Sindarin

Fëanor
yes it does...does Gawain? how about Mordred...?

Exa
Mordred (*thinks of Otherland* More Dread) is one of the best... totally forgot about that one... *likes a lot*

Sir Gawain is also nice... and more Tolkienish (s.g. and the green knight)

Bar-en-Danwedh
If I have a daughter I'll call her Luthien...

unless she's really ugly, then I'll call her Ungoliant!

anaritearbina
Gandalf would be a cool name, but I think my child would kill me so I'll settle for naming a firebellied toad gandalf (every one at my house is allergic to animals with fur)

Fëanor
laughing laughing

Discos
I shall call my son Eagos or Gwaihir....

or seriously might actually name my next dog that,

Phoenix
If I have a son, I think I'll call him Samwise, cos then he could just be Sam, and he wouldn't have a death wish, like if I called him Elrond or Haldir...

Bar-en-Danwedh
on saturday I met a MIM.

pinkduckie
i knew a girl named Arwen

fini
hmmm i would never name my children from lotr, i might be creative and give them an elvish middle name or something. I decided long ago that my kid/s will have a really nice indian name. KInda like how i have a nice indian ( not tooooo common) name.

muse5
omg, in the paper yesterday in my home town and there was a birth announcement and the baby's name was arwen... no lie, i was like 'that's so cool!!!'

Fëanor
i would name my son smeagol...or grima stick out tongue

Smodden

chucktaylor
How ironic...one of my classmates have the last name of Aragorn...hahahahaha!

DanielLB
Around 3 years ago i ready something that only 6 people in the whole of England were called Arwen!!!

shadowy_blue
I'll name it Smodden...I've been serious about it for a looong time. droolio

Smodden
Whatever you say babe.yes

EDIT: ^Also serious.

Discos
I have totally decided my childs name is going to be Hector smile

Discos - for this I am totally away to change my sig....and my avy

Smodden
H-E-C-T-O-R!

Hector's awesome...yes

Hector Vs. Aragorn???erm

Discos
Hector all the way man,

Discos - I was suprised to see Muhammad was the #1 name in the world.

Fëanor
mebbe i'll name my son a variation of Theoden

...um Theoren (?)

for a girl...Eoryn (?)

Discos
Originally posted by Phoenix
I was reading the paper today

Discos - haha, good one.

DCLXVI
Mordred....laughing out loud

Fëanor
Originally posted by Discos
Discos - haha, good one. laughing out loud

Discos
Ah I know you would like that one my man ^^

Smodden
Discos - haha, good one.

laughing

Fëanor
Ah I know you would like that one my man ^^ mebbe i ought to pass the crown for the most funny over to you...hehehee

Discos
*in Denethor voice* and when did you ever take the crown from me? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fëanor
in your abscence... sire stick out tongue

Discos
lol fair enough dude.

I am back for a good while though, but no doubt I will slip off for a while again during the end of May.

Fëanor
mebbe sooner for me...

*peers into the future, sees lotr forum*

*a tumble weed rolls by slowly - the double door of the tig party swings precariously off it's hinges*

*off in the distance atop a small hill a lone figure stands, carrying a bagpipe - he plays a melancholy tune "amazing grace"*

Discos
cry the bagpipes! beautiful.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Phoenix
...and they said 'Aragorn' may soon be in the Top One Hundred of popular boys names!
Omfg! This morning I was just thinking about Aragorn as a boy name for my child when he is born.

DanielLB
I would call my child after a LOTR character but id have to marry a female who would fell the same! lol

Fëanor
I would like to name my daughter Eowyn...now THAT is a cool sounding name. but then i'd prolly get whacked in the head by my wife stick out tongue

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
Originally posted by CrazyInLove
You most definately would ! laughing out loud HA! i knew it big grin

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
well, just think about it.. Eowyn? seriously...... that poor child would get torture over a name like that! yeah! you're probably right! okay! how about Legolas? eek!

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
Legolas? sweetheart..... no. damn...you're a tough cookie!

CrazyInLove

A.D. Skinner
Who would honestly name their kid after a character in a Tolkien Novel

Fëanor
no.... i'm just staying away from odd names is all tongue eek! there's......that.....smilie.....again!!!!Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Who would honestly name their kid after a character in a Tolkien Novel um....not me whistling

A.D. Skinner
Oh whatever...don't try fooling me...I went back and read the thread there Julian.

Although I do like Eowyn for a girl...but Aurora and I have already picked out a name if we get a girl next time.

CrazyInLove
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Oh whatever...don't try fooling me...I went back and read the thread there Julian.

Although I do like Eowyn for a girl...but Aurora and I have already picked out a name if we get a girl next time.

oh yeah? whats that?

Fëanor
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner

Although I do like Eowyn for a girl...but Aurora and I have already picked out a name if we get a girl next time. SEE!!!! even he likes the name big grin

A.D. Skinner
oh yeah? whats that?

Sorry...that is privelaged information...

Keeping it a secret as so others do not use it and it becomes trendy.

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
damn.... pm me it then?

roll eyes (sarcastic) NO JULIAN! NO.. not happening, k? fine...disgust

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
hey now! don't make that face at me! and i'll sleep on it! sleep? heheheehee shifty

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
and lay on itwink shock you said the magic words!

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
oh yeah? shifty oh not fair!!!!! eek!

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
how so? naughty cause now you know two weaknesses of mine shifty

CrazyInLove

Fëanor
oh, babe, I know more than two! shifty hehehe...i know that you do shifty but uh...i didn't wanna say more than that big grin

Coldfire
oh, babe, I know more than two! shifty
I would hope you know more than that, cuz he seems to have many stick out tongue

Fëanor
Originally posted by Coldfire
I would hope you know more than that, cuz he seems to have many stick out tongue hush! tongue2

Coldfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.