Band Aid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Have you heard the new band aid single?

Its more or less the same as the original, but I cant see it EVER being as successful as the original one was.

MornGlory
inform me - who sings the original

I hate boy bands- so gay

eleveninches
/\WHATTT??????

the original was done 20 years ago released at the time of the band aid concert. It was only one of the biggest music concerts ever, and the single was only one of the most successful singles ever released.

D-Double
....We are the world?.... huh

MornGlory
bag

eleveninches
Heal the world.

THe band aid concert (us and europe) was one of the biggest music concerts ever.

And it wasn't just boybands who were on it. There were all sorts of music, and it was for charity for the poor people in africa. This time, it's for another african country

MornGlory
OOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! oops sorry!!

its the middle of the night here- sorry
so embarassing!
embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Phoenix Aska
band aids smell funny....

Imaginary
Exactly what i was thinking....

Phoenix Aska
Actually...I've never even heard of the new band aid anyways....

Storm
Shame on you stick out tongue

Band Aid 20
Chris Martin:
It's Christmastime, there's no need to be afraid at
Christmastime, we let in light and we banish shade

Dido:
And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy
throw your arms around the world at Christmastime

Robbie Williams:
But say a prayer, pray for the other ones at Christmastime
it's hard, but when you're having fun

Sugababes:
There's a world outside your window
and it's a world of dread and fear

Fran Healy:
Where the only water flowing

Fran Healy & Sugarbabes:
Is the bitter sting of tears

Fran Healy & Justin Hawkins:
And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom

Bono:
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you

Will Young & Jamelia:
And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life

Ms Dynamite & Beverly Knight:
(Oooh) Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow

Group of ten & Joss Stone:
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?

Tom Chaplin (Keane):
Here's to you

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness):
Raise a glass for everyone

Dizzee Rascal:
Spare a thought this yuletide for the deprived
If the table was turned would you survive

Busted:
Here's to them

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness):
Underneath that burning sun

Dizzee Rascal:
You ain't gotta feel guilt just selfless
Give a little help to the helpless

Joss Stone & Justin Hawkins:
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?

Tom Chaplin:
Feed the world

Tom Chaplin & Chris Martin:
Feed the world

Tom Chaplin & Chris Martin & Sugababes:
Feed the world

Tom Chaplin & Chris Martin & Sugababes:
Feed the world

Everyone (in the big studio)
Feed the world
Let them know it's Christmastime again - repeated

Fran Healy:
Woooo

Group of 10:
Feed the world

Everyone (in the big studio)
Feed the world - repeated to end

Joss Stone:
Ad Libs over outro

The single is due to be released on Monday 29 November.

Phoenix Aska
Shame on who?

T.M
i dont like the song but its great that all those big names turn out to help the underprivileged kids around the world

KMC
I think it sounds completely different! I dont think it as good either especially the weird Brian May-esque guitar, i assume that's Justin Hawkins. They're doing a good thing but its not the original- nice to see Bono's participating though.

Kate xx

matchbox
the only two people i like who were part of it are grant nicholas from feeder who is in one tiny shot, and fran healy and he only has like 3 lines

<<Solo>>
Are We Not Men?

Alpha Centauri
The only people on there worth noting are Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead, Justin and Dan Hawkins of The Darkness and Paul McCartney.

All the rest are wannabes with zero talent.

The mere fact that Dizzee Rascal is on there proves that this "Band Aid" is no more than a CD to make a quick cash in for all the wrong reasons. The song sounds bad enough but then he just completely ruins it. Robbie Williams also needs to die horribly in a pool of his own, wannabe crooner blood.

-AC

The Redeemer
"What are you slags goin' on about?" Just a note to say if you are IRISH and thinking of buying THE LIVE AID BOX SET...DON'T!!!

Our RIGHT WING, PRO-BUSH, PEOPLE BASHING government has been so generous in it's wisdom to waiver the VAT on THE BOX SET but they take it back via the money they contribute yearly to THE THIRD WORLD...

Bob Geldolf and THE BOOMTOWN RATS were right in '81 with their song "BANANA REPUBLIC". It still is and it will always will be!!!

Buy THE LIVE AID BOX SET from anywhere else but an IRISH supplier!

MornGlory
^^^ shut your pie hole - we are free to buy any crap from ireland, fiji, spain, america, antartica .. any country we want to buy that box set from...

hate it when people tell me what to do like i am really going to listen

The Redeemer
laughing out loud Bad ass attitude??? I like that!!! smokin' Just MY sorta gal!!! love

baracustastic
The song has been ruined IMO, but the cause is still as worthy.

Bit disturbing that, 20 years after the world was shocked into action, nothing much has changed.

slashwristbarbi
If all the money goes to the Third World...how is it for the wrong reasons?

Personally, I like the song. and even if u dont, u have to admit its a great way of raising money for those who need it. (as well as a fantastic xmas song for the cheesy chorus)

and i also think its shocking that the Irish Government are basially taking the money from these people. People who actually understood that post and didnt take meaningless offense to it will probably feel the same.

Df02
think an emo version of band-aid would go down a storm....

Red Superfly
that would quite rightly suck hard actually ^^^^

The new song sucks. Putting rap in a christmas SONG is stupid. It isn't a christmas rap.

Busted suck, most of the artists suck. The only decent artists are Justin and Dan Hawkins, Bono, Macca and Radiohead, like someone said.

It doesn't have the same oomph factor to it.

The original will be playing in years to come, and this version will be forgotten so very easily.

Df02
The Darkness are possibly the most annoying part of the new song, the guitar is shit and his voice grates!

ClaraG
I have to say, the original band aid song was miles better...

moonwalker741
i liked the 'whats going on' remake better no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.