Stone Temple Pilots (STP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Guy
I cannot believe this. I have made a Soundgarden thread recently... I have made a Radiohead Thread... Now I have to make one for STP?!

Stone Temple Pilots:

Eric Kretz
Robert DeLeo
Scott Weiland (now with Velvet Revolver)
Dean DeLeo

thumbsup

Bierbommetje
yeah, I should really be listening to some STP cause I love Velvet Revolver (though they're probably not really comparable).

What are some good songs by them?

Samurai Guy
I like most all of their songs... the more popular ones are:

1) Interstate Love Song
2) Days of the Week
3) Creep
4) Plush
5) Lady picture show

... if you want more just ask

Bierbommetje
k, thx

lol, im stupid, it turns out my dad had Core, Purple and Tiny Music sitting around on the shelf.

Alice_In_Chains
STP r fricken amazing...i love em.. Scott is a legend..bloody brilliant.

Alpha Centauri
I think they're ok. Amongst the greater bands like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains I think they got unfairly lost but they're alright, don't mind em.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
I like 'em think that they are vastly underrated. Though I've been kind of burnt out since my dad was once so obsessed with them. I've heard every song on Tiny Music... about 100,000 times. At the least.

Arachnoidfreak
"The Big Empty" was also very popular, and also probably my favorite.

STP was great, and I'm glad Scott is with Velvet Revolver

Samurai Guy
I just listed a few off the top of my head. wink Didnt mean to leave things out.

tabby999
scotts voice is ok for short amounts of time, alot like Chris Cornell, not grwat for me over long amounts of time

Bierbommetje
Well, Purple is a good album, and scott's got a great voice (It's better than with VR in my opinion).

BOPRecruit 16
When I first heard "Creep" by STP, I thought it was Nirvana! eek! Scott's voice sounded so much like Kurt Cobain's in that song. In other songs, I can tell the difference....

Samurai Guy
Kind of like Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) or Michael 'Raine' Maida (sp) (Our Lady Peace).

loserib
stp is one of thegreatist bands ever scott has one of the most versitile vioces in the industry

startxthexmosh
i love the song big empty.and i love stp.out of all the singers in grunge i think layne staley has the best voice.thats my opinion.

Samurai Guy
STP are just great.

Wicked Garden! rock

Alice_In_Chains
wicked garden is amazing, the unplugged version is smashingbig grin

Samurai Guy
Scott is great... live or recorded.

Bierbommetje
Don't know about his STP shows, but ive seen a couple of his VR shows on TV and Scott's singing wasnt exectly the best. He sounded kinda weird...

Gn'R Rebel
STP is awesome, I've only heard a couple of songs, but my teacher got to see them live for no charge XP and she said they were incredible.. and Velvet Revolver is awesome, I have Contraband

naybean
yea thats my fav song by them. stp are amazing.

BOPRecruit 16
after hearing "tripping on a hole in a paper heart", i guess scott does have a fairly versatile voice after all.

in the music video for "fall to pieces" by velvet revolver, does anyone think scott kind of dances weird and dresses great in that video, besides me?

Alice_In_Chains
everything Scott did with STP is amazing...hes a great artist

BOPRecruit 16
listening to some of their songs and haveing seen him perform with velvet revolver on that "vh1 inside out: the rise of velvet revolver", his voice is really versatile and he's just an animal on stage! diving into the crowd and all. and that was the first time i've seen him without eye liner/make up around his eyes! eek! laughing also, i love their songs "interstate love song" and "big empty". rock

Fearnix
The Stone Temple Pilots are ****ing great i love em

el_barto
My step dad calls them the Shameless Thieving Posers

Fearnix
laughing out loud

BOPRecruit 16
laughing lmao that's a good one! eek! why does he call them that, el barto?

Alice_In_Chains
good good hunny bunch

el_barto
Because every one of their songs either sounds like a Nirvana song or a Pearl Jam song (I kinda agree with him)

Arachnoidfreak
I just got "Thank You" and alot of the songs I have heard before, and thought were great...but didn't know that STP made them...

Great ****ing band.

loserib
stp are my favorite grunge band the and alice n chains but hands down scott has one of the best vioces in rock history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.