Did anyone here ever have a near death experise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
There are some stories I hear on tv about people who say they died and saw there body sleeping a nd was taken to heaven.
And bought back.Not everyone believes it but what do you guys think about this?
I think people do have near death excerises.(Sorry about the spelling)JM confused embarrasment stick out tongue

Clovie
have anyone here had a near death experience, try editing.

and i did. but it was a looong time ago,

Capt_Fantastic
shitshitshitshit

Silver Stardust
I have, reading some of the posts on here...

lil bitchiness
Isnt making numerious threads about her spelling, pointing out her ignorance in numerious times enough, or does this hostility towards JM have to continue through every thread she ever makes?

Im suprised noone ordered her to leave KMC yet.

Capt_Fantastic
I think we're all waiting on you guys to do that.....

Storm
and the valid reason would be...?

Silver Stardust
Seriously, on the topic...no, I've never had a near-death experience.

manjaro
iwas hit by a car when i was three

i almost got gored by rampaged bull

i almost drowned at least 4 times

i got shot at twice

T.M
i almost got hit by a car when i was about 10 and i almost drowned when on holiday

SaTsuJiN
My friend almost died 3 weeks ago from hemoraging, she said it was like going to sleep. She stopped breathing after she blacked out and woke up on life support

vaya_the_elf
I have a near death experience. Hmm.. yeah

Lets just say i have in Icu, and the rooms were plasic which i have no clue why.

and i was having all kinds of heart problems, and stomach stuff.

GCG
Not to my knowledge did i have a near death experience ; Why ? are u going through one JM ?

shaber
I've been under a general anaesthetic.

Darth Prefect
just by the title, i knew JM made this...

ash007
Well yeah i have when i was very young. I was at the beach digging a hole in the sand and i was like 4 feet down when suddenly the hole collapsed on me wink. And i tried really hard to dig myself out but the sand was to heavy and suddenly everything went black and i has the most wiredest feeling i felt very calm and warm and most of all safe then the next thing i knew i woke up on the beach a few min later my dad had found me and dug me out and had given me mouth to mouth wink

I am not a religious person but i actually felt as someone was with me . My girlfriend thinks it was my guardian angel.
I personally have no idea but ever sine then i have not feared death as i like to think that i have already experienced it and there is nothing really that scary about it.

Nazgulinthedark
i had a near death experience a couple years ago, but i dont remember much about it, i remember closeing my eyes, so all i saw was black erm

mega punk1235
i almost drowned when10 so ifeel sad but inever saw my body lying there that is scary

MornGlory
I am dead so I am experiencing death right now

Clovie
i don't undertsand, why couldn't a mod for example correct the name of the thread erm
coz pointing at ppl coz of spelling is just wrong, my only problem with that way of spelling is that i have some problems with understanding confused

MornGlory
I know I hate spell checkers - this is just a chat forum not a spelling bee or english class ... blah blah...

ummm... my near death experience....hmmmm

I got hit in the head with a metal pole when I was 8 (?? I think?) by my brother - we were playing - it was an accident

was in a car wreck when I was 14 - my mom died - and i made it ( 3 other ppl died in the same wreck, i dont know them)

finti
every time I sneeze

Jackie Malfoy
That is true Clovie.I am going to check that out.I do want you guys to understand my posts better.Thanks for the advice1JM

Capt_Fantastic
LOL!

Happy Dance

SlipknoT
Yes, I turned on the radio and they were player Avril Lavigne... I went into a coma for 8 days, lost hearing in my right ear, and I've had respiratory problems ever since.

Cipher
That was your body's natural defense against crap......

finti
thats why I dont listen to the radio besides news channels.........but even they got commercials so sick

ragesRemorse
When i overdosed on drugs my heart stopped. I guess that counts for near death. couldnt tell you what it was like though, because i was passed out. I know when i woke up though, i thought i was dead and in hell, because everything kept repeating itself. this continued untill the drugs worked their way out of my system.

summergirl
i have. i fell off my horse while playing polo wiht my friends at my parents vaca. home and the horse stepped on me and i broke some of my ribs and fractured my growth plate in my left arm.

TIFF!

FeceMan
You are...joking? Or serious? I cannot tell. (Need interactive chat! Or at least inflection emotes smile.)

Afro Cheese
My mom told me about a friend/customer of hers that nearly died and said she could sense her dead brother around her, but couldn't see him or hear him. I can't remember exactly what happen to her but I think she either almost died or died and they revived her.. I dunno. That's the only story I've ever heard personally and I'm not a believer but it's always interesting to listen to people's stories about this kind of stuff. I don't think she made it up, I just think she was delusional or something.

WindDancer
I only heard of cases but personally....never.

ragesRemorse
No, im serious. My heart rate was a contant 180 beats when i went to the hospital, after they gave me a pushor to work the drugs through my system faster, i had a heartattack.

FeceMan
How terribly depressing. And frightening. I suppose I'll be the only one to ask this--what exactly were the drugs you were taking?

jade2008
I had a twin sister who died before she was born and when i was born i was so premature i died and was brought back to life

miahera
had a bad reaction to an insect bite that nearly killed me.

MC Mike
Did you stop taking them after that?

MC Mike
Really, lol. laughing out loud

eggmayo
I nearly died when I was born, the umbilical cord was wrapped round my neck 4 times and was strangling me, and I nearly died another time when I got hit by a van. I just woke up in hospital 4 weeks later.

Capt_Fantastic
No entry found for experise.

Did you mean expertise?

Suggestions:
expertise
expiries
expires
expresser
express
expiries'
expresso
expense
experts
experts'
expire
express's
expert's
expiry's

FeceMan
Capt, you are taking over my civic duty to be the grammatician (of DOOM) on these boards. Anyhow, sha-zam! on JM's spelling.

Raz
It would be more constructive if you attacked her argument, rather than her spelling .

A4E
laughing out loud

FeceMan
To whom are you speaking? I don't really see an argument in this thread, either.

Napalm
Jeeze your a retard captin

Napalm
Well I almost died when I accedently locked my self in a hot care but a little dog saved my life.

Linkalicious
I was 6 years old, riding my bike across the street at a stop sign...before helmets were required by law.

I got hit by some guy as I crossed the street. Cracked my skull, broke my jaw, fractured my cheek and lost consciousness for 3 days...

that's about as close as I've had personally.

FeceMan
^ Yuck.

SlipknoT
When I was 3 my family was moving and we lived near a pretty busy, and my grandmother was on the other side of the road and I was pretty bored so I decided to cross the street and no one was watching me, so I started walking, but I didnt know it but a car was coming and going about 50. So right before th car hit me, my dad saw me and ran out and threw me off of the road, and he got hit. His leg broke, the bone basically was ripped out of his leg, and he was pretty ****ed up. But he's fine now.

Storm
Two Swiss scientists say they have been able to identify a part of the brain that may be responsible for the "out-of-body" experiences of patients who came close to death.

Neurologists Olaf Blanke and Margitta Seeck said in a joint statement they had been able to make the observation during exploratory experiments for treatment of severe forms of epilepsy.

Electrical stimulation of a key area of the brain near the temple upset the mind' s perception of the body, according to the team from the University of Geneva' s medical school and the Neuroscience institute at the Swiss federal technical college in Lausanne (EPFL).

The brain generates an image of the body in the mind. But this is an external image as if the body were projected under, facing or behind the person, they said.

In the first two instances, the patients still recognise their own image; in the latter, however, they sense another, sombre and menacing, presence.

Storm
Update.

Click here to read the study in the New England Journal of Medicine (subscription required, however, you can get a 21 day free trial).

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
When i overdosed on drugs my heart stopped. I guess that counts for near death. couldnt tell you what it was like though, because i was passed out. I know when i woke up though, i thought i was dead and in hell, because everything kept repeating itself. this continued untill the drugs worked their way out of my system. I had something like that happen once... not the overdosing/almost dying part but the part about thinking your dead (or not knowing what the **** was happening) cause everything's repeating itself.. only lasted a couple minutes but at least it felt like eternity.

DigiMark007
Storm's very much correct. Please read through her above posts before viewing the video below.

The following is an experiment from Dr. Michael Shermer that tests these ideas firsthand, and shows how OBE's can be simulated in a lab setting, and explain the vast majority of NDE's using neuroscience.

nCVzz96zKA0

Shermer's writings extrapolate on this and other paranormal phenomenon, most of which are explainable through more rational means.

leonheartmm
i dont think i have ever had a near death expirience

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
There are some stories I hear on tv about people who say they died and saw there body sleeping a nd was taken to heaven.
I think people do have near death excerises.(Sorry about the spelling)JM confused embarrasment stick out tongue

People who have NDE are hallucinating.

Kelly_Bean
The only near death experience I have ever had, and hopefully the last one was when I had an ATV wreck on mine and my Dad's fourwheeler about 4-5 years ago. Not fun! sad I still remember a lot of it too, it'll stick with me forever.

KingTech
No never yet.I have never been in a critical situation to feel that I am nearing my death.

realthickhelmet
i got shot at close range in echo park california about 15 years ago and as i was laying in the middle of the street looking at the sky i felt really weak like i wanted to close my eyes and go to sleep and at that very moment it seemed like nothing was moving in the sky and i remember wondering why the ambulance was taking so long.everything seemed frozen as the second flash went off my eyes didnt see the sky anymore because the flashes were going off so fast all i could see was darkness.the scary part was that it was nothing but really bad things that i had done in my life nothing good. as i could remember it was about 8 or 9 flashes and when they stopped i was so terrified that i started asking god for forgiveness and also for a another chance.i asked as if i was talking to someone.a few seconds later ambulance picked me up and took me to the the hospital where they operated on me for 13 hours.this was about 15 years ago.everytime i think about it i feel in my heart and soul that i was going to die and go to hell and everytime i think about it i know jesus is knocking in my heart and i finally realized that he did give me another chance.i hope that no one ever experiences this event because i dont care who you are you will have fear in your heart and you will be very terrified.ive now changed my life and i believe in my heart that when my heart does stop to beat forever that i will go to heaven.i am not trying to preach to anyone so take care and i hope that maybe this will event in my life will help someone take care javier................................

Cornlady

I never had a near death experience, before. Now, my dad on the other hand did. He told me, when he was in the hospital, over a heart attack, he saw his soul going up to Heaven; luckily the doctors were able to save him.

Peace,
Amanda

Deja~vu
I never had a near death experience, but someone close to me did. They saw a white light.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Deja~vu
I never had a near death experience, but someone close to me did. They saw a white light.

Which is the effect created when the brain stops receiving oxygen. The edges of your vision are the first things to go, also usually before the loss of consciousness, so it creates a lighted-tunnel effect in the eye-sight that people remember seeing when they come back to full awareness.

Add this to the proven hallucinatory potential during NDE's, as well as the loss of sense that creates a weightless or tingly feeling, and it's easy to see why people frame it in a religious light.

The video I posted earlier might deal with it. If it doesn't, Shermer's writings on the subject ("Why People Believe Weird Things"wink do.

InnerRise
Oh my God.

laughcry

I'm sorry, but I just had to come and laugh at the title of this thread.

Didn't even try.......just gave up and said the heck with it.......EXPERISE it is!

haermm

But no..........no I haven't. no expression

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SelphieT
Yes, I have, but it was when I was really little. I rarely think about it, actually have thought about it in probably years.

I was just a little kid, probably not even in school yet, or maybe in my first couple years of school. For some reason my dad and brother were off in the deep area of the water park we were at, not sure why I was left alone, but I wanted to be with them so badly, so I wanted to swim over there from another deep end. Needless to say, I never made it over there. I don't know who saved me, but someone did. I just remember trying to breath, and seeing water and air.......and the rest, I can't remember.

apoc001
I did something like that. There was this floating platform (I can't remember what they're called, so screw it) that my brother, my now brother-in-law and I were going to swim to. However, before starting, I failed to mention my inability to float. I even took swimming lessons as a kid, and was only passed because it was determined that it was physically impossible for me to float. The only way for me to stay afloat is to paddle as fast as I can. Anyway, I was about halfway there when my arms started to give out. I knew I could only keep my head above water for another minute at most, less if I tried to go anywhere. I was too panicked to decide whether to go back to shore or keep going toward the platform. My brother and brother-in-law thought I could float, and they were totally exhausted from the swim there, so they were hesistant about coming out to get me. Anyway, I started toward them, since I knew I wouldn't make it one way or the other, and there was only my sister back at shore, who's not a strong swimmer. After I went a couple meters, the guys came out to get me, but we were all completely exhausted by the end. I was so tired I felt nauseous. Then my uncle passed by on a canoe and gave me a lifejacket to get back.

Wow. Could I have made this story any longer? Oh, well. There it is.

Neo Darkhalen

laughing

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Lana
I have, reading some of the posts on here...

Funny. Reading some of these posts makes me wonder if I've ever had a near LIFE experience.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.