Does Frodo'spassage to Aman can symbolize his death? I explain inside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandos
Frodo is going to a paradise island to stay there until judgement day. He will become a "prisonner" of the island. The same thing for the elves. Can we say that Valinor is the place where elves "die" when they are tired of living on Middle-Earth? When Aman distached itself from the world, it went to another dimension, unknowned by men. That mean they will all be stuck there forever. It's pretty depressive if we think about it. Valinor has to be pretty darn beautiful!! confused

Exabyte

Mandos
Are you serious when you say that Frodo will die there? I thought those who put a foot on the immortal lands were automatically immortal. For example, Earendil. Also, throughout the Silmarillon, some mortals also set sail to the immortal Lands (but we don't know what happened to them after). In the king's annals at the end of RotK, it say that Sam leaves Middle-Earth shores to find Frodo at the immortal lands, Frodo is much older than Sam. What about Gimli when he left with Legolas? If there was no immortal consequences, why was it wrong for humans to walk on Aman?
But then again, maybe you're right.

Exabyte

Mandos
Well I'll be damned. That's very logical. Allright Exabyte, I believe you.
You put some time in answering. I appreciate. You made the last thing that darkned my eyes about the Undying lands dissapear Thank you!!

eezy45
Clearly stated, no more questions, closing -- closed laughing out loud

Ah yah roll eyes (sarcastic)

Exabyte
smile

laughing

Well, the original question wasn't really answered yet...
and at least for those few mortals that got there, it *was* a prison and they were never again allowed to leave - like Earendil, well he could at least surf around on the sky a little, but he wasn't allowed to return to his relatives or live a peaceful lovely life with his wife... he had sacrificed his personal freedom to the Two Kindreds.
I think the idea of a prison is an interesting point of view, usually people just talk about all the positive points of Aman and everybody seems to want to go there... but Mandos is right, it's kind of the end of freedom, the only freedom left to Mortals living there is that of death
So is the question about how much life there for the elves actually *was* like a life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.