Ms Doubtfire sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nevermind
I read about this on the front page? How are they going to squeeze a sequel out of this?! Am I the only one who think sequels are going too far now-a-days?

BlackC@t
There are very few movies you can make a sequel to. This however, is one of them.

Nevermind
How?! His Ex-wife already knows her ex is a their nanny and she let him take them whenever he wants, so what's left? I seriously can't see it happenin'

movieluver
i think its the stupidest idea, i have ever heard inmy entire life. i do too think that sequeals are going way too far,.... where they shouldnt go. if it dont got sally field its gonna suck major balls, same with the kids, in sequeals i have to have returning characters, and even robin is hella older now, he is not stupid to make a second, i hope not, he can do so many better roles right now. that is truly one of the greatest movies ever, let alone of robin's, so yah, i hope it dont go through!

SaTsuJiN
well his wife can dress up like a man and trick him back.... ? /shrug

Mr Zero
Your "woody allen" siq quote is by groucho marx.

Jackie Malfoy
Oh please the movie was great excert for the ending it was awful.That is all we need is a stupid sequel to go with the first one.It seens that movie people are running out of ideas.
If they keep this up no one will be watching movies anymore.JM

<<Solo>>
Your a moron.

Mr Zero
And i heard a rumor that you like to eat poop out of ladies shoes, but i dont go pointing it out every time I see you posting.

T.M
the first one was bad enough

crickey77
Is this what Robin Williams' career has come to? You'd think he could do something new and original. I have no problems with sequels, but I don't think this is a good idea.

T.M
from what i can think there is no possible polt for this movie as said earlyer unless it is a remake which would suck more than the first

botankus
I heard in the sequel that he gets a sex change and marries his ex-wife so now the kids go through the adolescent years with two lesbian mommas. It's going to be NC-17.

shugie99
if its a good script and they get the old cast back it could be funny, regardless of whether or not its a sequel. Seuquels often suck, but some don't. I thought the second Adams Family was funny...i know that's a random example, that's just what came to mind.

Stealth Agent
What the hell makes you think you can go around insulting everybody. Your the most ignorant person on this entire forum why havn't you been banned yet.

botankus
Because he actually makes credible posts. Sure, he throws in a few insults from time to time, but who doesn't? stick out tongue

movieluver
it should not happen....ever!!!!!!! its stupid, and lame and it should not even be concidered, Robin Williams can do much better right now for his career, besides just becasue hes older and will probbly look more like an older lady, hahaha doesnt mean he movie is gonna be any god. dont get me wrong, as i said, LOVEd the first, some movies just shouldnt be messed with one way or another.

Devalion
I hope they don't make a sequel, it was bad enough watching the first one!

LousyBoy
One of my most favorite movies. I cant wait.

Wolfie
Actually, Final Cut looks pretty good.

Mrs. Doubtfire 2, though a terrible idea, is entirely possible. At the end of the first, we see that Robin Williams continues to dress like a nanny for his new TV show. What kind of plot they can pull from this, who knows. Not the worst sequel idea but it's really bad.

BlackC@t
You dips! I said this was the kind of movie that couldn't provide a sequel because there would be no plot-line.

Make sure you actually understand what I've said before posting roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
One word comes to mind...WHY?

Devalion
Oh well

ResidentEVILMAN
There is no reason for them to make a sequal for this movie the first one was great and what would the plot for a second be?

Stealth Agent
man f#ck mr. zero

movieluver
This movie will NOT be agood movie, and if it gets made, it will bomb so bad, itll make pople forget the first one is a classic, uu know, like with T3, it sucked balls! and it was no where near as good as T2!!!!!!!!!

Robin can do better, and god knows he doesnt need this movie to be made, he'd be stupid if he made it, really!

Wolfie
Well, I think he'd be stupid if he let someone else make Mrs. Doubtfire 2. I'm thankful that they didn't get a cheap replacement for it, which would make it a poor straight-to-video film.

At least we have that. erm

movieluver
hahahah at least, ......but i dont hink its gonna get made, thats redicuolus

dj_belay
They can never make a sequal outta mrs. doubtfire. Its just retarded then

Wolfie
The Killer Movies homepage has a little article on it. Robin Williams agreed to the sequel and says if they can't get a good script, it's not worth it. Notice, he didn't say he wouldn't do it if they couldn't get a good script. He just said it wouldn't be worth it. stick out tongue

Piggle Humsy
I love the 1st one, I hate it when they make remakes without all the regular cast..just robin williams and a new wife n kids would suck..I also dont see where the story can go..like someone said b4.
I think this should be left well alone! thumb down
Just like Home Alone..the 1st was good, 2nd scraped by as acceptable coz it had culkin in it..3rd and 4th..WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

The movie business has gone nuts with sequels..they don't know when to quit! wacko

Piggle
one eye

dizzyblondegirl
why would you want to make a sequal to Ms doubtfire they would be no plot to it the wife already forgave robin williams and robin williams is far to old nowadays

Stokely
Sequels don't need to follow the exact same formula. Perhaps it'll follow the nanny on the tv show.

It's sad how Americans always rape the sh.t out of an idea.

ladygrim
Oh man they cant do that it wud rong .. i think the origanl finish at a place where they couldnt make a sequel sad

Wolfie
Originally posted by dizzyblondegirl
why would you want to make a sequal to Ms doubtfire they would be no plot to it the wife already forgave robin williams and robin williams is far to old nowadays
Too old to play an old granny? confused

ladygrim
lollaughing out loud

Lydia_J
Sequels are egtting worse it seems, they just try and sqeeze them out of any movies to try and make money, when they are all just going to become flops

Wolfie
It's inevitable that Hollywood would've ran out of ideas.

On live sequels and remakes! :laughs:

Neptune
What's next? Lord of the part 4?

Neptune
sorry, i meant Lord if the rings.

ladygrim
they are only makeing sequels cuz they cant think of nething origanl

SAKARIYA
Yea! agree like Baby Geniuses 2 and Shrek 2 wasn't all that good. blink

DarkC
Originally posted by BlackC@t
There are very few movies you can make a sequel to. This however, is one of them.
Dressing up as a nanny again? No.

I liked the first movie, but personally I think that a second instalment is a bad idea.

crickey77
I think it will only be good if Robin Williams and the orginial cast stays -- otherwise, it will not be as good.

Nevermind
Woah, I totally didn't know I started this thread. blink

Nevertheless, I stand by my first comment regardless of how badly it's constructed. A sequel is pointless and really quite stupid.

cking
I agree also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.