Superman and Batman teams up to take your money on Christmas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
Yep Batman Vol 2 will be out, and Superman vol 1 will be out on the same day.

MAn talk about a whamy, they will team up to take your money lol.

Gregory
You mean the cartoon collections? Is Superman any good?

Joker1237
Batman vol 2 will be out by Christmas, and Superman TAS will be out

Not much of a supes fan, but the few I saw were good.

I dont think they put out the old superman cartoons yet.

But I did like the one were Superman fought the Robots to saved Lane. I never forget that one.

mc pee pants
i liked superman TAS. the first episode was with that toy master dude. that was like 6 years ago.

Mr Zero
You mean the old max fleischer superman cartoons from the 1940s? Not only are they all available on DVD but they are some of the very best animation ever made. Classic stuff and still very entertaining - if a little dated.

Jedi Shmedi
The old Max Fleischer Superman series from the 1940's is still my favorite Superman cartoon series of all time (if not my favorite animated series period), but if those were the ones you were refering to as "the old ones" , they are already out on DVD. I have all of the episodes on 2 DVD's and I never get bored from watching them. They really did an excellent job of cleaning up the animation and brightening the picture. I recommend them to any Supes fan smile

Mr Zero
Odd that this should crop up now: i was talking to a buddy just a few months back - i'd just watched a few of the Fleischer Supes and we were saying "if only they had done batman - Imagine a Max Fleischer batman show...." wistful.....

And then i began watching the batman Animated DVD box I'd picked up - and the moment "leather wings" starts - BANG! It's the Fleischer batman we never had... even there on the vocal track they are talking about Fleischer and how much they owe him.

With so many fans of the Timm batman out there its amazing the Fleischer supes dont sell better. Its a masterpiece.

Joker1237
I loved the Flesicher cartoons, it did not turn into a joke like Superfreinds or Batman(Adam West, Cartoon Adam West Batman)

Superman did change in the Superfreinds though.

If you watch a Fleischer Superman, and a Superfreind Superman thing, You will see a BIG differant between the two.

Superman Fleischer took it self serious, No one liners unless he was Clark Kent, or Louis Lane saying "Clark your late again follow by joke)

That was about it. It can be belive.

The other Superman, He eat a Kry sandwitch, by a no name villian. Well I guess he could fall for it??.

OB1-adobe
Dude, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but it's all about time. Superman has been around for what, 60 years. You are actually passing through a time machine when looking at every adaptation. From Fleicher to Superfriends your looking at like a 35 year GAP! Of course they are going to be portrayed differently.

I thought Superman TAS was delayed until January 25th

Joker1237
I sure the Super Freinds were in the 60s So I was sure it was a 20 year gap lol.

But still its a long gap indeed.

Joker1237
oh yeah, on the same day, I got my Loony Toons vol 2 set. and I look at the dates of when the sets will be put out. same day. But I seem to have lost the ad card thing.

They had other stuff on the add. but I have to look for it lol.

OB1-adobe
Go to Amazon.com, I even think Supermanhomepage.com said this:

It got delayed to January 25th. Check it out.

OB1-adobe
yep, I told you so smile

Red Superfly
Batman Animated series is worth every penny.

They can take my money because the work they did on that show is brilliant.

The only downside was that the show was affected by the first two Burton movies (Joker, Catwoman and Penguin were done to keep in line with the films - like changing Penguins appearance and calling The Joker Jack Napier).

However, without the movies Burton made, I doubt Warner Bros would have botherred forking out the cash to fund Timms toon - so in a way Burtons films were indirectly responsible for the greatest cartoon ever made.

Joker1237
most people seem to forget that, I was wrong, It did say so on my looney
toons DVd though lol.

Greatness cartoon ever?? not so sure I call it that, but it does make a top ten list. maybe top 5.

slinger
The Superman animated series coming out on DVD is not the old,old one, if you guys didn't know that.

vaya_the_elf
I don't care about Superman. He sucks.
Batman is so much cooler.

Sileas
I don't care about Superman. He sucks.
Batman is so much cooler.

oi........i know a bulletin board where they'd take ya ta pieces for sayin' that........ they're all about the L&C tv show from the 1990s. it WAS a good series..... yeah, superman is often portrayed as too skweaky clean for me----if i wrote a superman story, i'd add just a bit of darkness to make him more believable.

er. that's a qoute from vaya above, there. don't know how youse guyse get them cute lil boxes around stuff when you quote people, but hey, i'm a relative newbie here! one eye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.