Whoa! Did You See The Pacers/Pistons Game???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF D00m
That was the craziest thing I've ever seen in a basketball game. EVER. The fans got what they deserved. Detroit fans make me sick.
http://sdcc13.ucsd.edu/~echau/temp/FansVsPacers.WMV

wuTa
smile

Cinemaddiction
..and Ron Artest and Jermaine O' Neal will get what they deserve. Artest, a stack of lawsuits and a ticket out of the NBA. O' Neal, lawsuits, and probably a few dropped endorsements.

I applaud Detroit for finally forcing the loose cannon that is Ron Artest out of the NBA for good. It's a shame these "men" couldn't keep their composure.

ElectricBugaloo
Crazy. Truly crazy.

Myth
Thanks for the vid. I already saw it but now I can download it for keepsake. I don't think that they will get what they deserve. At least Artest will get some time off like he wanted.

hh?
http://www.imgbucket.com/63/boomshakalaka.jpg

Cinemaddiction
So, can someone scale that down to 50x50 for me? big grin

Cinemaddiction
Here's Jermaine O' Neals haymaker on the guy who was trying to get up...

http://www.applepics.com/50/userfiles/419edb94c833f.gif

Shaolin Monk
and then Clemson VS. Alabama today...couple guys got ROCKED...i knew why the fight started for the Pacers/Pistons, but not the Clemson/Alabama fight

Shaolin Monk
South Carolina* not Alabama stick out tongue

treadline
Not to sound like a homer, but most of the blame lies with Ron Artest. With 45 seconds to go and the game already decided, he cheap-shoted Ben Wallace, then slinked away like the cowardly punk he is. Ben overreacted, the refs should have got both of them off the court, and the idiot who threw the cup should be hung by his balls, but NOTHING justifies going into the stands and attacking fans. Someone could have been killed.

Cinemaddiction
I saw that. I told my girlfriend that it's the end times. Before you know it, I'm going to turn to golf, and people will be wailing away on one another with clubs, or NASCAR will be intentionally wrecking every car in sight.

Myth
^ That would be awesome yes

ElectricBugaloo
Yeah, because football teams have NEVER fought before.

SeptemberRain
dont f*ck with Detroit! actually its quite juvenille how we acted at that game. I mean wtf is wrong with us. That just makes the rest of America hate us even more

Shaolin Monk
That's not the point. If I have to explain the point, then Cinemaddiction is definitely right, and it is the end of times

Since when does America hate Detroit? Did you not hear/read/see what happened when Jimmy Kimmel said that if the Pistons won the championship last year, they would riot worse than LA? The media had a field day with his comment...not to mention fans from all sports. Everyone was defending Detroit, how it's an awesome city, and awesome for sports. Being that you are from Detroit or just a Detroit fan, you had to have heard/read/seen that...

Myth
I see both sides. Detroit fans are known for being the "roughest" fans in the NBA but at the same time, people like them for being real fans of the game. This is compared to LA where many of the fans are just bandwagon fans and don't stick with their team through the bad.

forumcrew
belongs in the nba thread.. where it was already mentioned

koolruningz
Artest actually surprised me with his behaviour before he was pelted from the stands. I thought he would retaliate to the Wallace shove and was expecting a brawl with those two. The fans involved need to have there season tickets revoked, everyone wants to stand up for their respective teams but thats just taking it too far. Artest was showing real restraint up till that point, but no matter the provocation you cant just go and slug a fan (if you can call them that). Being a professional sports person means sometimes you have to put up with abuse from opposing supporters, soccer players get hit all the time with projectiles from the crowd. Artest should have known that with his reputation he will be made an example of and that cant be good for his team. After all the Pacers are the ones that pay his wages and he has a responsibility to them. Jackson and O'Neal however they perceived their intentions (only they know) have only hurt their team, the Pacers are shorthanded as it is. The "fans" involved should be reprimanded severely to send a message to other morons who think its ok to throw shit at the players. We all know the players will be dealt with.

G.P
I was willing to let this topic in a separate thread. Alas, all of you started discussing this in the 2 threads. Now I've really got to merge them.

wuTa
boxing thats because we're awesome....the suspensions were bullshit but that fight was just awesome( of course i wouldnt feel that way if someone got seriously hurt)...i'm pissed i wasnt at that game....i would've ran on the court and squared off with bill walton...i cant stand that ****er

cal31
yeah, I'm surprised Stern didn't suspend Walton too.

koolruningz
It never ceases to amaze me how many times Bill Walton uses the phrase "the greatest player i played with was Larry Bird" or "the greatest player i ever played against was Kareem Abdul Jabar".

Dr. Strangelove
I guess I'm in the 1% category of NBA fans that likes Bill.

Please don't hurt me.tomatofear

koolruningz
No man, i dont mind Walton but some of the things he comes out with are funny to me. He certainly makes the game seem easy from over on the sideline.

wuTa
barkely is going to be on CNN at 10 PM anycase anyone cares...they should a sound clip of him from when he played and he said something like this "let the fans of american know, if you come after me... i'm gonna whoop you ass" laughing

koolruningz
Yeah i cant see Barkley just sitting there while a fan throws a drink at him saying "damn what did you do that for?"

Myth
I hate the bastard even though he led Portland to their only title.

Anyway, I just thought of something. Maybe Artest didn't fight Ben Wallace because he is chicken shit. He only picks on peopel smaller than (like a bully). Wallace could crush Artest, so he restrained himself. But a little squeek of a fan? Yeah, Artest could manhandle him so that is what he did.

koolruningz
I think Artest made the right decesion not to fight Wallace. Mainly because he would have got destroyed, Wallace almost pushed him into the stands with one shove. If that had been a regular person they would have probably taken flight and ended up sitting next to David Stern.

Linkalicious
I hated Bill with a passion for the past 2 years. This year, I'm used to his ridiculous calls.

I love his "remeniscent of Robert Parish" and "a la Wilt Chamberlain" comments...

It doesn't hurt that his son is a Laker. smile

koolruningz
Does anyone know what Barkley had to say about the situation?

wuTa
i dont know about that.....he was right in the middle of it when miller and shaq almost went at it...he messed with paul pierce who is about the same size as him...in some cases when you get pushed its like ok whatever...but when you get hit with cup of beer in the face its like WHO THE **** DID THAT?!

koolruningz
Obviously Artest feels the same way. big grin

Sith Master X
He deserved to get his ass booted for the rest of the year.

Shadow_King
i cant see the clip.

WindDancer
Haven't had time to give my thoughts on this incident. Let me just say that I support the athletes and they have a right to defend themselves from any IDIOTIC fan that tries to assault them. Personally the suspensions are too harsh. And I hope those idiots fans get thrown in jail for the rest of their stinkin life.

SlipknoT
I know I'll seem like an idiot but what happend. I've been hearing about it, but I have no idea what happened?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.