MGS3: Snake Eater

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Havoc470
i searched for a topic on this specific game and didnt find anything, i just started playing it has anyone else?

SaTsuJiN
after being disappointed with sons of liberty, I didnt really have any hope for MGS3 (and I still dont)

dave123
MGSoL kicked ass eek!

Havoc470
i started playing it(Snake Eater), it isnt bad but the controls are real off-beat, it took some getting used to having the O button be accept and the X button being cancel, that alone bothered me, and they talk so damn much in the game, i went from talking about the mission to the spirit of a soldier O_o, then in-game i tried to kill an alligator, i shot it with a tranq and then stabbed it about 50 times and all it did was hit me with its tail and eventually halved my health, i mean i was just eating crap but i thought the alligators being immortal was kind of dumb

but im gonna give it some serious time now to see where it goes

SaTsuJiN
rofl @ spirit of a soldier.. thats just how metal gear is... soon youll be hearing how everyones a pawn and people decide thier friends by what side of the war they're on etc. thats why I played metal gear solid (which I throughly enjoyed from beginning to end), and havent really enjoyed any MGS after.. I do enjoy the sentimentality of metal gear, but they shift moods too fast
example :
(meryl from metal gear solid says something like this)

Meryl : I never wore makeup... I was never like the other girls... I looked in the mirror and didnt like what I saw... so I decided to do something worth fighting for.. thats why I joined up to be a soldier.. and now look at me.. I dont know if I can go on..
(meanwhile this sad music is playing lol)
(suddenly)

Snake : Snap out of it! I cant have you making 2nd guesses.. you only get 1 shot and thats it, the enemy wont wait for you to make a decision!
(he said some nonsense like that, but the music immediately stopped which abrubtly ended the pity thing)

This was all dandy.. but then sons of liberty took away Solid snake and good character cast, replaced them with bumbling idiots and a crappy story... I really hope MGS3 turns out better, cuz MGS1 was awesome

Havoc470
mgs3 is getting a little better atm, the cut-scenes are what mostly got me into the game, my biggest problem are the controls and default wall-hugging, i really wish they put a button in for wall hugging or at least having the camera follow you

JToTheP
MGS2 was garbage. So I will wait until someone says "you have to play as Raiden" before I even have the thought to play MGS3, because I absolutely hated MGS2, except the Tanker part as Snake.

SaTsuJiN
no Im MGS3 its back in time to around the 1960's or 70's... and its rumored that you're not playing as snake (even though it looks like him).. I'll leave it at that wink

Havoc470
you do play as snake, its just the first time he's named snake

FlappingMangera
I think you're actually playing with big boss, snakes father, aren't you? he's not solid or liquid, he's just snake, right?

Havoc470
yeah, his names just snake, he looks and talks exactly the same.....no imagination at all

Stealth Agent
I played this game have you gotten to the torture scene where Snake's getting the shit beat out of him. It so intense there is a bag over his head and his wrsists were tied and he was hanging from the cieling so he can bareley breathe for a moment i was breathing qwith him and felt like i was there.

Havoc470
i shouldnt have read that.....

lol

ZomBiE_HunTER
I love the Cut scenes in the game they always been the best in the MGS series .I love the one where he checks out his gun.And the new CQC is awesome.GO to Spiketv.com and vote for MGS 3!!! Happy Dance

Havoc470
the cut-scenes and some CQC was good, but the game overall isnt too good imo

sith_darth_jay
my thoughts exactly!

i haven't played the game yet, i'm waiting for my birthday to get it (dec 4) it looks good, but after MGS2, i'm not expecting much. and the facts that's it's the 60's and ocelot is young, well that's not Solid Snake and it's his father big boss (wich if it turns to be true, that'll be something I (we) figured out before finishing the game, or maybe it's a simulation, like MGS2 (wich was what I hated the most)

ZomBiE_HunTER
I Just beat the game and that ending was amzing it makes u think alot.It is not like MGS 2 at all so if ur a fan of MGS series u have to buy or @ least rent it this game and when u beat the game let me know how u guys think about the ending and the game.

SaTsuJiN
they wont top the dramatic flair and sorrow of the first metal gear solid.. it was just way too awesome.. but I'll give MGS3 a shot anywho.. I beat 2 by borrowing it from a friend

Havoc470
i rented mgs3, i rent most of games and only buy the ones i really like, i havent gotten to play it much with all the stuff i have to do, i think the coolest thing in this game is definitely having to heal your wounds, the last time i played it is after the cut-scene where the boss throws you off the bridge and you have to heal your wounds

ZomBiE_HunTER
If you dont think it does I dont even know what to tell you my friend.

MrGlass
Do you have the option in this game to turn off the blood?

ScarFace Clone
Personaly i like metal gear 2 more then 1 because MGS2 is a simulation of the first one and I saw alot of simularites between the two so I like the second on more and i am buying Snake eater tomarow for my B-Day so i cant wait.

Stealth Agent
I dont know if u can turn off blood you can in the 2nd one right? so i imagine if you go to options you can.

Does anyone know what the monkey mask does?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.