Is it just me, or...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
Does the evil criminal organization that is Spin magazine seem to name one band or another the "best ____ band" on the cover of almost every issue? On this month's, they're calling U2 the biggest band in the world. Jesus, you'd think U2 was paying them to say that. I love U2, but they sure as hell are not the world's biggest band right now.

Oh, and I discovered the reason Maynard wasn't on their "Top 100 Rock Frontmen" list: they hate A Perfect Circle.

lil bitchiness
Woah, hold on. Maynard wasnt on the ''Top 100 Rock Frontmen''? Thats criminal and down right wrong. wtf?

Darth Revan
Yeah... Guess who was on it? Courtney ****ing Love. And she was ABOVE Kurt Cobain. The only thing that saved them on that one for me was the fact that Zack was on it.

lil bitchiness
They obviously havent heard Maynard sing Patient. In fact, it would be less embbarassing for them to say that they havent heard Maynard sing at all, than to have heard him and missed him out from the list. Idiots.

Second of all, Cortney Love is one of the weakest female leads in rock.

Darth Revan
Yes, I know. This is why Spin is an evil criminal organization that should be banned everywhere. The world would be a better place.

SlipknoT
Why was Courtny Love on the list?

<<Solo>>
Who should've been on the top 100 list is Bernard Sumner.

ElectricBugaloo
I've proven that I don't really respect Spin's opinions, but I think that they have excellent writing, if not excellent ideas to go with their writings

hh?
same with XXL magazine for hip hop.

Darth Revan
Yep... The writing is pretty good, I'll admit to that, but they have bad taste in music in a big way. They get some credit for liking the Pixies, U2, and Atmosphere, but other than that they piss me off.

MornGlory
I have to agree with ya - even though you are so mean to me-

I like U2 too but they are the greatest or biggest band- I mean come on the guys are starting to get a little moldy but still cool -

Silver Stardust
And that's why I don't read Spin.

Not putting Maynard on the list...WTF? mad

MornGlory
I guess I will have to check out this Maynard ... hmmmmm

mr.marvel
please dont tell me that jerk from creed was on there.

Darth Revan
No, thankfully. I made a different thread about this a while ago, it's still around here somewhere.

Darth Revan
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=302337&highlight=frontmen

Df02
the top 5 dont look too bad

Darth Revan
No, the top five are pretty good, but once you get further down, you'll understand why it pissed me off so much.

<<Solo>>
Damn Straight, The Pixies kick ass.

*Danii*
the Pixies RULE!

Deathblow
no Pixies rule, The Pixies don't exist.

Alpha Centauri
Well technically THE Pixies is still applicable because Pixies are things that could be referred to by using the word "the". Like THE Hives or THE Vines or THE White Stripes.

Eg: I like THE White Stripes on that wallpaper. I like THE Hives in that bee farming place. I like THE Pixies in this tale of fantasy and adventure.

To me, it is understood that pixies are mythical people akin to fairies.

Unlike THE Deftones. In which case, they are called Deftones.

-AC

tabby999
jesus, hate to be anal wink

Alpha Centauri
There's so much anti-intellectualism on this board it's not even funny.

-AC

Df02
he was making a decent point tho lol

tabby999
dont worry, just rubbing it in about a previous thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.