Why is it important as an American to vote?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nazgulinthedark
"Why is it important as an American to vote?"

That is the topic for an essay I have to write for History class, and frankly I'm really stumped as what to write. I would really apprertiate any ideas and/or suggestions any of my fellow KMCers had.

Thanks. happy

Jackie Malfoy
I think that we lucky that we can vote on our leaders and it is interesting learning of the two partys that people are in.It makes voting much more fun.
Anyway unlike most counrtys we have the right to vote on our leaders and to me we are lucky we can do this.JM

Gregory
I am unimpressed with any assigment where the teacher tells the student what stance he has to take.

It's a little known fact, actually, that it's only important for Democrats to vote. Republicans shouldn't bother.

Jackie Malfoy
Then that would not fair.If only dems vote then they would always wiin.And this also does not give anyone the freedom to speak.Both partys should be able to vote.
That is why we have both partys.and yes you are right I am staring at you!JM LOL!

Darth Sauron
Its important to vote because the person elected is going to represent you to the world for the next four years. Dont you think it should be who the people want?

Jackie Malfoy
YEP!ANd the partys are important too!I could not argee with you more!JM

Nazgulinthedark
thanks yall happy

Jackie Malfoy
You are very very very welcome!Glad to help!JM

BackFire
It's only important to vote for the people who actually care about the outcome of whatever the election is about.

It's also important for people who don't care/know much about the election to NOT feel pressured into voting by our society which seems to recognize voting as a duty, rather then a priviledge that people can CHOOSE to take part in, which it is.

Darth Revan
As our good friends Trey and Matt, the creators of South Park, have said: if you're an idiot, or you're uninformed, or you're just too lazy to get up off your ass and vote--don't! Because you'll probably **** something up for the rest of us. closedeyes

Gregory
It was a joke, Jackie. And even so, I wasn't saying that Republicans shouldn't be allowed to vote, just that I wish they wouldn't.

On topic, it's important to vote in local elections, much more so than it is in the national election. In many ways, what the mayor of your city does is going to have a more direct influence on your life than what the president does, and since there are fewer people voting, your vote counts for more.

Tptmanno1
Ahh the wisdom of Trey and Matt....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.