Spiderman/Venom Vs Wolverine/Rogue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Batman 24
who would win

uQifg2WV
Rogue couldn't do anything to spidey through his clothing, and im not sure she could do anything to the symbiote. She could smack spidey around, but in the end im going with Spidey and Venom.

mr.smiley
i'd say wolverine and rogue.
Even if rogue can't absorb them she's still got a lot of strength.Not to mention wolverine is a badass

Havoc470
which kind of rogue, the superstrength flying rogue or the normal rogue?

anyway, for now i think spidey and venom win this one

crazyspinz
if its classic rouge she wins

Havoc470
nice avatar

but if its classic rogue then i give this to wolvie and rogue

wrathofachilles
With the addition of Venom, Rogue's strength isn't all that impressive. He's beaten the holy hell out of plenty of stronger opponents, and I doubt Rogue's absorption powers would have any effect.

Cosmo Kramer
Rogue can steal other people's strengths, weaknesses or family history health temporarily even another mutants powers. I think she may use it on Spidey for his mutated powers but im not sure.

Who did Rogue kill from Marvel to get flight and Super Strength? I cant remember but she was on of the old school Marvel originals. I think it may have been Marvel Girl but I am not positive. mad

jinzin
yeah it was. and as for the fight, hmmm Well I'm going with spidey and venom. These are two decent teams with partners that can be devestating when they're not at eachother's throats. If this were wolverine and rogue vs. spiderman x2 I would say the x men would win but I think the symbiote gives team spidey the edge. Wolverine's gonna have a tough time dealing with either of these two and while it would be easier for him to take on spidey, I think rogue would get out fought by venem hardcore. I imagine if she tried to touch venom there could be some weird effects (kinda like when ghost rider tried to use his penance stare on the monster). I don't think the X-men are gonna be pushovers in this fight, but frankly venom and spiderman are one of the toughest teams in marvel. If Wolverine and rogue can somehow manage to get spiderman and venom punching at eachother (which probably wouldn't be hard to do) than I would say they would win rather easily.

Havoc470
who has venom beat thats a stronger opponent than rogue? i mean spiderman is weaker than rogue and venom has a hell of a hard time with him

wrathofachilles
It wasn't Marvel Girl, it was Ms. Marvel, who was a different character. Marvel Girl is Jean Grey.

As for Venom, he's beaten Sandman, who is of comparable strength; he's beaten Electro, who isn't equal strength wise but who is one of the most powerful characters nowadays; he's beaten Carnage *regardless of what some people think* who used to be stronger than him, I don't know his comparison with Rogue. He's beaten others that I can't think of at the moment. He's taken on Juggernaut and Hulk, and while he lost to both, Venom is certainly not threatened by stronger foes.

lifeisaglich
I see Wolverine and Rogue taking the victory because rogue can absorb venom.

Think of this if you will,

the symbiont that gives Eddy Brock his powers is essentially the costume. The costume is the symbiont combined with eddy. Which means that they now have one mind, and the symbiont is now eddies new skin. If rogue were to touch venom she would get a dose of venom's power and memory. Unless venom is wearing some kind of costume over the symbiont, which is unlikely.

Rogues special ability if she touches you, she gets your powers or ability. And this will not be different with venom.

After a tough battle with venom rogue (if venom's consciousness does not tear her apart or turn her against wolverine) comes and join wolverine to take down spiderman.

wrathofachilles
If Rogue is capable of absorbing the symbiote *who knows* it will likely screw her up as much as she screws it up, thus taking both of them out of the fight, and making it Spidey vs. Wolverine, which leads to a whole other debate, but Spider-Man will take it.

lifeisaglich
Should rogue manage to absorb venom, there is no doubt that she is going to have have problems controling her self. But becasue of the traing she has recieved from Professor X, I see her coming through for wolverine. Thus giving the win to wolverine and rogue.

Havoc470
she definitely cant absorb venom, she can stun eddie brock and take his memories which could help in the battle a little, but i dont think she could take the actual symbiote

Krissy Von Doom
If Rogue absorbs the symbiote does that mean she'll become malleable and slink around just like the alien costume without Eddie Brock?

The Batman 24
yeah that might happen

wrathofachilles
It depends on the writer really. One writer may decide that Rogue can absorb the Venom symbiote and thus take over all its properties, including being malleable and changing shape/color/visibility at will. Another writer may decide that she won't gain that power but will gain extra strength, a danger sense, and limited invulnerability. Another writer may decide that it would kill her and the symbiote takes over. Who knows. That's what makes match-ups like these too hard to call, the characters are so fundamentally different and nobody knows the possibilities.

Havoc470
but judging from her abilities, i think she would just stun eddie brock and take his memories, the symbiote is an alien thing...is it even a lifeform?

wrathofachilles
Of course it's a lifeform. Aliens are lifeforms too....hence the term 'alien lifeform' lol.

Havoc470
yeah but it has no...form!!! a life form has a form, carbon-based etc.

i mean symbiote needs a host so its a parasite

Krissy Von Doom
The venom symbiote was alive before meeting Peter Parker in secret wars so it's probably not a parasite per se, such that it doesn't need another lifeform to sustain it.

Havoc470
then why would it have to take eddie brock?

jinzin
cause it was lonely?

jinzin
seriously though, the venom symbiote is considered by the rest of his kind as insane because it wants to bond with a host, but yeah it really doesn't need one per se although it does need to eat if it doesn't have a host.

wrathofachilles
It has a 'form.' The form is just amorphous, like an amoeba, doesn't make it any less a lifeform though. The symbiotes *not the right term because the others aren't symbiotes, but I don't know their real name* don't ned to take hosts, but the Venom symbiote was forced onto Spider-Man during the Secret Wars. As for Venom, when the symbiote left Spider-Man, he found Brock and could sense his anger and hatred of Spider-Man, thus he decided to take another host because it wanted revenge on Spidey and knew Brock was the perfect vessel. Otherwise it wouldn't have needed a host, it was just his need for vengeance.

Havoc470
okay, that explains it

laughing out loud

who?-kid
Not wanting to go off topic - sorry Paola - but speaking as an alien (lol) I can say that not all life form is carbon-based.

Havoc470
do you know what etc. means?

uQifg2WV
She couldn't absorb the symbiote.

wrathofachilles
It stands for 'et cetera', the Latin term for 'and the rest.'

And I just realized I kept referring to the Venom symbiote as 'he.' I don't think it has a gender, lol...

muffin man
nice battle
now i would put my money on the 2 x-men because spidey and venom can't get along that well

jinzin
you have a good point but i think that this thread is "assuming they could"

Havoc470
thank you, i hope who?-kid understands the definition

and i didnt notice that till now either lol

uQifg2WV
I always thought et cetera was 1 word. I'm learneding

Linkalicious
the Alien Symbiote is NOT a parasite...it is a Symbiote. Look up the definition of the word. It's a mutual relationship.

The Alien Symbiote feeds off of emotions. It does NOT require a host to take form (ex: Planet of the Symbiotes), but it is ideal for the symbiote to have a bonded host because it is a symbiote.

The Alien Symbiote was being held prisoner in the machine that Spiderman got it from in Secret Wars #8 because it was the only true symbiote that didn't want to just suck the life from it's host and move on...like a parasite.

The alien symbiote grows stronger by feeding off of emotions, so it attempts to bond in order to grow a stronger relationship with it's host giving it a different type of emotion to feed off of.

CorderaMitchell
And thusly, is in hatred with spiderman after being around brock so long, though brock had showed greater control with it.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by uQifg2WV
She couldn't absorb the symbiote.

and why not? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I might be wrong, but I think shes absorbed Juggernaut, who isn't a mutant and whos powers are magical...

CorderaMitchell
Nah juggy is a mutant who powers were unlocked at a later time, and the symbiote itself would be unorthodox and wouldn't allow rouge to absorb it only dampen her, kind of like gambit charging organic matter, it doesn't work.

K3VIL
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
It wasn't Marvel Girl, it was Ms. Marvel, who was a different character. Marvel Girl is Jean Grey.

As for Venom, he's beaten Sandman, who is of comparable strength; he's beaten Electro, who isn't equal strength wise but who is one of the most powerful characters nowadays; he's beaten Carnage *regardless of what some people think* who used to be stronger than him, I don't know his comparison with Rogue. He's beaten others that I can't think of at the moment. He's taken on Juggernaut and Hulk, and while he lost to both, Venom is certainly not threatened by stronger foes.
ROTFL what a fanboy.
Juggernaut stomped Venom's face in front of Venom's girlfriend, you should check better.
Venom didn't beat Sandman, he just eat a piece of his body.
Venom's so proclamed brutal strenght is just a little above that of Spidey, and he seems stronger cause Spidey rarely fight all out, he's not a murderer like Venom.

CorderaMitchell
there are some good points there.

ZephroCarnelian
If it's classic Rogue (Miss Marvel power) then she would take Venom.

However, Spiderman is still in a league of his own when it comes to agility.

Would Rogue be able to break out of his webbing when he (inevitably) webs her up?

And like I've said on the Logan/Spidey thread - Spiderman will web Logan up quickly without letting him get close.

K3VIL
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Nah juggy is a mutant who powers were unlocked at a later time, and the symbiote itself would be unorthodox and wouldn't allow rouge to absorb it only dampen her, kind of like gambit charging organic matter, it doesn't work.
Juggy is not a mutant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.