Virus, worms and horses!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fiery Eyes
I have a TRogen Horse on my puter, sad Does anyone know How i can get that thing off? I would very much appreciate it!! smile I went to Major geeks.com, but you have to pay for it there, I have AVG Free virus protection but it's not getting it off, plzz if someone could help me. thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so much.

lil bitchiness
Comupter help forum...

mc pee pants
try downloading ad-aware spyware at downloads.com. it's free. and if you want, you can right click on your "my computer" icon, select properties, and turn off your systems restore, then restart your pc.

GCG
Is it a CoolWebSearch Trojan ?

Raz
Update your virus defintions to the latest, then do a full scan of your computer.

yerssot
can you next time please tell something that is of actually use?

I'm sorry but "I got a virus and can't get it off" is absolutely useless info, if you could get it off, you wouldn't post here...
next time PLEASE tell what the name of the virus is to start with.... mentioning your OS, Virus-scanner, Firewall, etc. would come in handy too

Fiery Eyes
yersott, sorry but i don't knw much about virus stuff at all, it just says Trogen Horse and i can't get back in there to look at it.

GCG
has it taken over your homepage ?

Fiery Eyes
no it hasn't
it just won't let me get into AVG now

Raz
What do you mean it doesn't let you? How exactly is it stopping you?

Anyways, try rebooting your computer.

Fiery Eyes
finally it let me get in there, it says: TROGEN HORSE START PAGE.11.F

yerssot
if you get a message, it usually also gives you the name of the virus

Darth Sauron
Open AVG
click test results
find your virus in there, it was most likely automatically healed or sent to the virus vault, no sweat happy

Fiery Eyes
it won't heal this for some reason, i did go there.

yerssot
and the name?

Fiery Eyes
TROGEN HORSE START PAGE.11.F

yerssot
there is no startpage.11.f ... the name goes normally like: startpage.F(other letter), you sure?

GCG
How did u find out about it ? Can you explain EXACTLY what pop-ups and messages therein are saying

Fiery Eyes
yeah thats what it says, that name. I scanned for virsus on my puter using AVG, and it won't heal it.

yerssot
well, only thing I can find is a norwegian page but they didn't solve it there yet.

Fiery Eyes
well, thanks alot anyways, jedi_priestess is helping me, i'm downloading norton now, but geeeeeezz it says 6 hrs to download my connection is wayyyy slow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.