Pointers for quick Computer Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
After a quick PM to Raz, there has come an agreement that there could/should be a note up here to ensure people with computer problems can have their problems solved quickly.

How can this be done?

1. Well, the most important thing is already the title.
If you write "computer problems", that is unneeded ... we know you have some, otherwise you wouldn't post here. Try to place your problem under a keyword/keywords that also describe your problem.
That way, people who have knowledge on the subject will be quicker to check your thread.

2. PLEASE post intelligent, can't stress it enough! "My mediaplayer doesn't work" or "my pc acts up" are extremely useless. It goes for the title too: if it worked, you wouldn't post.
If your program doesn't work, describe what you did, what error you get, what has changed lately, etc.
There can be only help if you give info and not with people guessing what could be wrong.
This also applies to viruses... if you have one, don't say "I got a virus and can't get rid of it", tell the NAME of the virus.

3. extra info is extremely important! Tell what Operating System (normally this is windows, followed by either a number or 2 letters) you have, the name of your virus scanner, the firewall, and other programs or hardware devices which you might feel is important for us to know.

4. ALWAYS make sure that your anti-virus program, firewall, spyware-program etc. are up-to-date. Perhaps you can't fix it cause the software doesn't recognise it as a problem...

Silver Stardust
Good idea...something I have to add:

When posting what is wrong, also post what you've done if you've attempted to fix the problem; this way people won't waste time naming possible solutions you might have tried already...or can let you know if you might have messed things up worse.

)-(&C]{£R
That is a good Idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.