solid snake vs wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
I think snake could do a hold back wolverine but i couldn't see him taking him out.
I'm giving it to wolverine.

Cosmo Kramer
Wolverine

Havoc470
...wolverine = solid snake X50

wolverine takes this one

asana
wolverwine will crush snake
too quick powerful
maybe the stringer missle will work or some gernades
maybe snake could trick wolverwine by hiding in boxes
but wolerwine will sense with smell senses
fact of the matter wolverwine will win
no sense of snake using a gun or knifes b/c of wolverwines healing abilities

Mr_Famous
dats true .. solid snake has close to no chance of beating wolvie.... but maybe liquid snake could..... big grin

Cosmo Kramer
Wolverine

FeceMan
Unless Solid has some sort of bullet that pierces adamantium or a syringe full of anti-healing factor, Wolverine takes this one easily.

Oh, wait, I think Wolvie would win even with those smile.

uQifg2WV
Snake would mess him up until he got closer, but missiles, and bandana, but cloak wouldn't be to effective.

28Dave37
Wolverine

Snake can at the most only breifly hurt wolverine.

radioboy121
Wolverine. He's dealt with many well-trained soldiers/agent/etc.

Solid Snake wouldn't be anything new to him.

uQifg2WV
Wait. NM. If people like Red couldn't kill 'em then I would deffinately give it to Wolverine.

who?-kid
Maybe Snake has a chance to survive this confrontation when he hides in a box.

uQifg2WV
Not with his sense of smell he couldn't. On the upperside if he bathed in Axe Wolverine might get turned on due to the Pheremones.

srankmissingnin
Chances are he'd get sick; I dont have enhanced sense of smell and Axe makes me gag.

leonheartmm
you poeple underestimate solid snake, hes not a simple pushover, and is more expirienced than anyliving soldier, and as long as fighting super human people goes, well lets see now, he fought
revolver ocelot{not superhuman}
sniper wolf{not superhuman}
psychomantis
vulcan raven
gray fox{with his exoskeleton which had at least class 100 strength speaking in marvel terms since he lifted half of metal gear rex!}
and snake beat fox in pure hand to hand combat!
liquid snake!{not superhuman but better than all the above}

vamp
fortune
olga{with exoskeleton}

{hey hes also fought two other metal gears in the old not so well known installments of the game}

hey he has also beaten big boss!

who i might add has beaten many super human adversaries himself
e.g
ocelot revolver
the pain
the fury
the end
the sorrow
the boss
the fear
volgin
and the shagohod{the first metal gear prototype}
also solid snake has gone up against whole armies of genetically enhanced soldiers

leonheartmm
i also want to add that solid snakes genetic destiny is one that does not allow him to die,

leonheartmm
and i also like him more than i like almost any other character

crazy
solid snake is the man, i give this one to him

Havoc470
genetic destiny....what does that mean?

that list is a kiddy show for wolvie, whats snake gonna do against wolvie...shoot him? stab him?......im comparing the comic solid snake instead of the videogame one, i mean the videogame one is based on how you play so theres really no statistic, wolvie definitely wins this one

leonheartmm
nope, i give it to SOLID SNAKE {this is a one for fans}

lightaxe
psht what could Snake really do to hurt wolverine ever. Shooting him really would have an effect and stabbing him wouldnt do much either. And a human punching solid adamantium isnt going to be so good for the human in question.

leonheartmm
yea, but all the same, did manage to beat grey fox with the exoskeleton using only hand to hand combat.{amongst many other things}

leonheartmm
oh yea, snake is the greatest soldier that ever lived, im sure that he can think of something{u know what im sure that if instead of snake vs wolvierine, this was a captain america vs wolverine thread, people would have argued a lot about who would win, even without caps shield, but unsurprisingly, no one seems to care that much about snake......................FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

The Flash
That's because Cap is more of a soldier than Snake will ever be. And Wolverine wins.

Havoc470
take snake out of this thread and throw him into the mortal combat threads or something

leonheartmm
um no, i think that snake is a greater soldier than cap.

crazy
snake is probably a better soldier then cap but no one will ever come out saying it because admit it, you guys like cap a lot better, i actually like cap better but i also think snake is just a destined soldier

leonheartmm
i applaude u CRAZY. ur probably the only comic loving person thatll ever come out and admit to that truth.

SNAKE IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srankmissingnin
What has Snake down to put him in the same league as Cap? Solo is a better soldiers the Snake for godsake!

who?-kid
Lol, Cap is stronger, faster, has waaaaay more experience, is considered one of the best fighters ever and is a brilliant tactician.

Snake is just a good and tough soldier, nothing more.

leonheartmm
um correction, snake is THE GREATEST, TOUGHEST AND MOST SKILLED SOLDIER EVER! he was genetically made to be the greatest soldier ever, snake has about 24 years of fighting expirience.

and we know from that it takes more than just strength and speed to be a great soldier{he has them too anyway}.

and for those of you who are askin what he has done to get in the same league as cap, you people obviously have never played any metal gear game{do i really have to repeat all those damn people hes fought and BEATEN? and what he has survived }

puttting it simply i would say that if snake can beat a guy who puts hulk's base strength to shame and is also one of the greatest soldiers of all time{not to mention, is super durable} , if snake can beat him in pure cheatless hand to hand combat, id say that hes definately on par with cap.

leonheartmm
Just curious but why are we obdsessed with making two very likable and great heroes fight each other ?

K3VIL
Metal Gear Solid, the first and the second game were great.I finish both them but the only chance that Snake stands against Logan, is with a Metal Gear Rex or a Metal Gear Ray robot to use against Logan.
In melee combat, he's nothing compare to him.You cannot use the game facts and apply them in a comic book situation.Logan possess a century of experience, Logan has healing abilities, adamantium claws and bones, more stamina and durability than Snake.Without a MGR or MGRY or the Stinger, he don't stand a chance.

leonheartmm
oh looking at STATISTICS are we, well then do u think logan stands a chance against grey fox, a guy who has at least class 100 strength, superhuman reflexes{which are far beyond the level of spiderman}, superhuman speed, superhuman agility, superhuman endurance , has infra red vision and carries a ninja sword{oh and hey hes also one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived}. answering: no he doesnt, but hey wait, solid snake beat grey fox in pure hand to hand combat!!!!!!!!!!!!! {lets not forget that snake has no healing factor or adamantium skeleton or claws}

and if u remember correctly, snake beat metal gear rex with just a stupid stinger

and as for the statement that u cant put game facts in comic books; well i can just as easily say that u cant put comic book facts in games!

leonheartmm
and this isnt a comic book situation, its just a fight between two heroes plain and simple.

srankmissingnin
Blocking bullets with a sword gives you better reflexes then Spider-man?Wait, that give you reflexes on par with Gambit... maybe. Also Greyfox went easy on Snake (it seems your the only one who doesn't know that) and do you have weight measurements for Rex, because I doubt it was 100tons.

leonheartmm
um grey fox did NOT go easy on snake{this is a common misconception}, if u have actually played the earlier titles of the series{metal gear, metal gear 2: solid snake} u would know that all fox lived was for a real true battle with solid snake, {do u think he was going easy on snake when he was using his sword against him?
anyways, gambit cant block bullets being fired from a machine gun at over 800 rounds per minute {famas}, but frank yeager blocked all of them with his thin sword{at all types of ranges i might add, spidey cant even dodge single bullets at very close ranges}

secondly, do u think that a metal robot, having a nuclear power core, standing over 5 stories high and having a giant RAIL GUN, on itself wieghs any thing LESS THAN 100 TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ur mad, if anything, it weighs way more than a 100 tons.

K3VIL
FIRST OF ALL.
I played all the MGS games, and in the first yes Grey Fox, the ninja, deflect bullets.That doesn't mean he's above Spider-Man reflexes level.
Spidey dodge close combat attacks so many times that i can't create a list.If Grey Fox was really Class 100 he would wipe the floor with Snake.
He cannot because:
He and Snake were close friends.He cannot because he wasn't Class 100 strenght.And he can't cause he's not the powerhouse you described.And videogame situations are not comic book situations, the game finish when you lose and continues if you win, it's not the same thing.In the game Grey Fox help you against the Metal Gear, but he didn't hurl it in air and throw it, so how can you say he's Class 100?

K3VIL
FIRST OF ALL.
I played all the MGS games, and in the first yes Grey Fox, the ninja, deflect bullets.That doesn't mean he's above Spider-Man reflexes level.
Spidey dodge close combat attacks so many times that i can't create a list.If Grey Fox was really Class 100 he would wipe the floor with Snake.
He cannot because:
He and Snake were close friends.He cannot because he wasn't Class 100 strenght.And he can't cause he's not the powerhouse you described.And videogame situations are not comic book situations, the game finish when you lose and continues if you win, it's not the same thing.In the game Grey Fox help you against the Metal Gear, but he didn't hurl it in air and throw it, so how can you say he's Class 100?
Oh, and Logan fougth against Hulk, wanna talk about that?

leonheartmm
graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

srankmissingnin
I hate to agree with K3VIL... but when you're right, you're right.

DarkCrawler
Wolverine would wipe the floor with Snake...

leonheartmm
frank doesnt have to hurl something that probably wieghs much more than a hundred tons in the air to prove that he had class 100 strength just like u dont have to HURLS a bar with around 50 kg wieghts on it to say that u lifted 50 kg, plus that foot was coming DOWN on snake with a lot of force behind it other than the weight, now can u really say that grey fox is not the power house i described him to be,

on another note, your outlook of the whole dying in the game thing is just stupid, yes u can get snake killed in the game, but the game itself has a real story and has factual data on the fighting skill of the character, that is exactly the reason u get a GAME OVER when snake dies because hes not supposed to die in the story and just because u play a lousy metal gear solid game doesnt mean that snake is just as good as beeing a soldier as ur playing skill.

leonheartmm
again i say that frank did not go easy on snake{read the snake vs snake eyes forum to see y cause im too tired to type right now, or copy}

mr.smiley
well in the latest uncanny xmen that dude from the hellfire club used nanomachines to counter wolverines healing factor and made him nothing but helpless.
If otacon can rewire the nanomachines to do the same damn thing snake CAN win this easy.

Avalonofthewind
I give this to Snake, any man who can sneak undetected while carrying rocket launchers, machine guns, greanades, food, and cardboard boxes and somehow fight and dodge with all that gear on, has to be the man.

As a retired Marine, I know first hand all that ish is heavy as hell.

Creshosk
Originally posted by leonheartmm
FANBOYS!

Oh Effin IRE-OH-KNEE! laughing

Kento
Play Twin Snakes, and you'll see Ninja do a lot of awesome junk that could easily put him in the same league as Spidey, and he could beat Spidey. However Snake NEVER beat Ninja. You beat him playing the game but Snake would not have beaten Ninja. No way. Ninja vs Spidey would be a cool fight though. Anyways not the point. Unless it's HtH, and Snake uses joint locks, and stuff I don't see him winning. Unless maybe give him Bandana, and Stinger or Nikita. Snake is awesome, and all but he's not going to win with a tranq, and a knife which is usually his only weapons starting out. Not with Logan having even bone claws, and healing factor. Though I wonder...Could Logan be knocked out with enough tranq's.....But I doubt Snake would have enough time to shoot off enough with having to reload each time.

mr.smiley
true.ninja could be a superhero himself

who?-kid
Isn't there a law anywhere, that forbids the creating of threads in which game-characters are fighting comic characters ?

You can not compare them. Jin Kazama from Tekken gets kicked around, but two seconds later, he's fighting like nothing has happened. Does that give him a healing factor or superhuman durability ?

Nope. It's a game, game characters have their own laws and rules.

mr.smiley
you can debate them.tekken and metal gear or two compltey different types of

Creshosk
Originally posted by who?-kid
Isn't there a law anywhere, that forbids the creating of threads in which game-characters are fighting comic characters ?

You can not compare them. Jin Kazama from Tekken gets kicked around, but two seconds later, he's fighting like nothing has happened. Does that give him a healing factor or superhuman durability ?

Nope. It's a game, game characters have their own laws and rules.

http://members.cox.net/platinumcomics4/metalgearcgc99.jpg

What about arguing about a comic book based on a video game?

mr.smiley
God bless you.I have two issues so far

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.