rurouni kenshin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kenshinhitokiri
does anyone watch rurouni kenshin? it rocks.

Phoenix Aska
I do!!!

I watch it as often as I can...this show is awesome!!!

kenshinhitokiri
yup!

Phoenix Aska
The good thing is that it has really funny parts in it!

LIke when Kenshin makes those funny faces when he's embarassed...

BlackHatDefect
There are much better series in the world,but its not a *terrible*show...

Phoenix Aska
Wow...is this the first thread started about Rurouni Kenshin???

BlackHatDefect
thats kinda scary actually

Phoenix Aska
Mmhmm...Rurouni Kenshin is not that bad of an anime and is pretty popular!

What are you still doing up BlackHat? Don't you have school tomorrow?

kenshinhitokiri
rurouni kenshin is so cool. i like saito accent though

kenshinhitokiri
eh. it probably is the first one. thx to me! smile

BlackHatDefect
I do..but I am an insomniac

Vlad_III_Tepes
Rurounikenshin kicks ass. Have u seen "Trust" and "Betrayal" or "Reflections"

maverickeagle
its a very good show. its kind of real life anime and cartoon anime. i like the real life parts the best. i don't really like the cartoon anime part a lot. i think it should b more real life than cartoony, if u know what i mean.

kenshinhitokiri
lol. i dont get what you mean. ^^;; but yea. its kinda real life

Micheal_Myers
Let me get this one fact out of the way.Rurouni Kenshin is my favorite anime.As for the real life thing that you didnt quite understand before.I think what he meant is that he likes the accurate Japanese history that they use in it.

tehOTAKU777
I love kenshin. That part when sano and kenshin killed all those people. and kenshin gutted that baby!! SOOO COOL!!!!

InsidiousDreams
Kenshin is sooo cool! If he was any cooler I would...well...I don't know what I'd do but..yeah...he's cool! And am I the only one who thinks Yahiko is annoying?

kenshinhitokiri
well. hes funny sometimes. fighting over food with sano and calling kaoru dog face..lol

Phoenix Aska
I like Kenshin's reversse blade sword. He can slash at anyone he wants and not kill them!

Jace_Rave
I liked this show, still do, watched the whole thing on CN. I'm sure it's better on the dvd...
but then I saw trust and betrayal and I like that a lot more! I used to like Kaoru...then once I was introduced to Tomoe...!!! (stupid Kaoru)
The show is still wicked awesome and all, but I like T&B a lot more...it's just better cause he kills without hesitating.

jrskjs
Kenshin's awesome, except now on Cartoon Network they edited out a bunch of the series so it wouldn't be too bloody to show it. On the DVD's they don't edit out anything. i like the DVD's best!

Kenshinswife
As you can see i am ...Kenshins wife..Kenshin is the best dont eva forget it especially those sexy amner eyes when he turns into Battousi *sigh*...I just have to get Karou out of our happy life*sigh* hint hint i set tomoe up...she was in the way

Jace_Rave
My favorite part of the series is when Kenshin almost goes battousai

Kenshinswife
the best part is when he dies in Karou's arms and she dies in his it is so beautiful very few animes get to you like that

Hajime Saito
I like Rurouni Kenshin tookenshin2. My favorite Character is Hajime Saito, you would probbably know that from my Username and avatar.Go to www.samuraihouse.com/forum for samurai anime forums and I posted a Rurouni Kenshin RPG called Rurouni Kenshin: Battle for Kyoto. big grin

sai12
Ha! Finally, finally I have found one! A Kenshin post! *cries tears of happiness* And I had to go all the way back to page five. You people make me sick! *laugh* Kidding...mostly...

I love this anime! It has to be the best anime I have seen!! Or maybe I just love it too much. I mean I've watched the enitre series (95 episodes) twice, and just ordered the whole thing for myself! $73!! And now I'm frantically looking around for a cheaper copy of the OVA's (Samurai X). I loved those soo much, and they had that whole emotional thing going on for me. I dunno. *shrug* Just have to say I'm happy to finally have found a Rurouni Kenshin post! *huggles*

RogueGambitdare
Rurouni Keshin, cool. He's my fav anime charater. I think I have over a kazilion pics of him. I can't watch the series anymore cause we don't have satelite.

Big_Daddy2
I've recently started watching this series...I think i'm on the the 8th episode of Rurouni Kenshin "Wandering Samurai"...I haven't seen the pre-series episodes yet. My brother says I probably should...hmm...

O.D Geist
it really is a cool series,My favorite character is Hiko Seijuro. kenshin teacher

linkslittlehelp
i like yahiko hes pretty cool

i rule
kenshen is freakin awesome!

Rignite
Battousai vs Saito

Best. fight. EVER.

Aoshi-Sama is my favorite though.

It's just such an awesome show, I love it.

linkslittlehelp
thats a pretty cool fight

mssharrow
Oohh, i love himura when he have those funny faces and suddenly turns into seriouslaughing . Also I like soujiro, a kid that did't show much emotions & shishio's best fighter. thumb up

*LEGATO*
Yeah man.. Samurai X is like my fav..

Battosuai_Tim
The ending to the anime is.....ehh, blah??? in a way. Feng Shui just.....didn't seem the right topic for a samurai like Kenshin. The last episode, if you think about it, is good!!! I almost cried at the end, seeing the flashbacks of season 2, going through training, Kaoru waiting for his return, ^; man, and that song is good too. Great ending if you ask me. ^^ >< NO MORE!!!!! THERE'S NO MORE!!!!! I WANT MORE DAMMIT!!!!!

Darth Mantis
Kenshin rocks.

mssharrow
i'd like to see the real battle between kenshin & saito! eek!

sai12
They had a really good battle going once. So good that Kenshin almost went Battosai again. *nods* That...was awesome!!! I liked his battle with Aioshi....

faradayslaw
One of the best anime ever, I thought Makoto Shishio was one of the best villians I'd ever seen. He's still my favorite bad guy.

recca100
i like the name they call him "THE SLASHER" its a kind of cool name right

mssharrow
yeah, battousai the slasher, but that was during the meiji era, kenshin calls himself now as a wanderer, confused wacko kinda cute, heheh. stick out tongue

TastyLumpia
I've never had a chance to watch the series (no cable, haven't been to a movie rental place in ages) but I own volumes 1-5 of the manga. Dunno if I'll be buying any more, though, since my mom has been buying me manga for over a year now and just realized how expensive it is... ^_^;;

I lent it to my best friend to read, and now we have arguments over who's hotter, Kenshin or Sanosuke.

Me: But...Kenshin looks like a girl!!
Her: He's cute.
Me: Sanosuke is insanely hot, though.
Her: Kenshin.

And so on.

sai12
Originally posted by TastyLumpia
I've never had a chance to watch the series (no cable, haven't been to a movie rental place in ages) but I own volumes 1-5 of the manga. Dunno if I'll be buying any more, though, since my mom has been buying me manga for over a year now and just realized how expensive it is... ^_^;;

I lent it to my best friend to read, and now we have arguments over who's hotter, Kenshin or Sanosuke.

Me: But...Kenshin looks like a girl!!
Her: He's cute.
Me: Sanosuke is insanely hot, though.
Her: Kenshin.

And so on.

Oh that's just too cute!

Kenshin is kinda girly, but I wouln't exactly say that Sanosuke is hot either. The hot guy of the series would have to be Saito. :P

Nah, I really would say that Kenshin is the show's hottie. Even if he is a bit weak looking. He doesn't look like a girl though....not totally. *blinks* I'm not making one bit of sense!

TastyLumpia
Well, in the manga he can look a little girly from time to time.

Is Saito in the manga? Like I said before, I'm only on volume 5....

sai12
He should be. I've read the 1st three manga. They seem to follow the anime pretty closely. Or the anime follows them pretty close :P

By the way, I love your avatar!! big grin

Zatch_Bell
Yes I love to watch it. His reversed blade sword is the bomb.

TastyLumpia
I watched Samurai X: The Motion Picture today! ^_^ ...The blood in the beginning was orange and fizzly.

sai12
Haha yeah! Though the motion picture wasn't my favorite. Actually it was my least favorite...I almost hated it. Watch the rest of the Samurai X ovas. *nod nod* They are much better!!

jnr hiphop
Hey btw.. how many episodes are there including the ovas?

snehin
why does so many people call ruini kenshin samurai x i love this show though batusai the slasher wat a name!!my fav is def kenshin and sanosuke then utaro anyone like them too?

sai12
Originally posted by snehin
why does so many people call ruini kenshin samurai x i love this show though batusai the slasher wat a name!!my fav is def kenshin and sanosuke then utaro anyone like them too?

Whoa buddy. Can't really understand what you're typing there. And I have never heard anyone call Kenshin "The Slasher".

Samuria X are the OVA's the series Rurouni Kenshin. So a lot of people just put the two together.

Originally posted by jnr hiphop
Hey btw.. how many episodes are there including the ovas?

The series has 95 episodes and Samuria X has well (the movie, Betrayal, Trust, and Reflection....)

silvertsume
aoshi is my fav... hes cute.. yes

mssharrow
sai, I can say that you really are a senior anime fan yes thumb up

sai12
Originally posted by mssharrow
sai, I can say that you really are a senior anime fan yes thumb up

Whoa, is that a compliment!? *bounces* Omg! I think I just recieved a compliment!!

*glomp* Thank you! I am honored, though not really sure why you would say that, but its totally cool by me! smile

mssharrow
yes, take it as a compliment! wink
you seems to know a lot about anime, bunny

sai12
Haha, if you say so. I don't know as much as some people though wink

mssharrow
really? I dont think that your far behind with them, happy

sai12
SQEE!! *glomp*

really? I dont think that your far behind with them, happy

You are just too nice to me!! big grin

mssharrow
stick out tongue
Originally posted by sai12
I don't know as much as some people though wink

I kinda find it cute smile for someone who knows a lot stuff of anime, & what more to those some people you said. eek!

snehin
Whoa buddy. Can't really understand what you're typing there. And I have never heard anyone call Kenshin "The Slasher".

Samuria X are the OVA's the series Rurouni Kenshin. So a lot of people just put the two together.

The series has 95 episodes and Samuria X has well (the movie, Betrayal, Trust, and Reflection....) no i mean his name is actually batusai the slasher but he is not a slasher anymore so everyone calls him kenshin instead!

kiba1283
yo new but I thawt he was batusai the man slayer

sai12
Yeah, its been Battosai the man Slayer. Not Slasher for as far as I knew. Maybe I just didn't hear this...ever.

kiba1283
I thought so for I've seen it all

TastyLumpia
::is thoroughly confused::

See, this is why I need to watch the anime... So how did Kenshin end up with the name of Battousai, anyway? Why Battousai? And is he still called Hitokiri Battousai in the anime, or something a bit different?

The anime section at the local Blockbuster is very limited...

jnr hiphop
Well.. Hitokiri Battousai means Wandering Swordsman.. and he didnt really end up being called hitokiri battousai.. its just what his enemies called him..

sai12
Well.. Hitokiri Battousai means Wandering Swordsman.. and he didnt really end up being called hitokiri battousai.. its just what his enemies called him..

You sure? I thought it refered to him being an assassin. Manslayer...or something along those lines.

I think that Rurouni means what you're thinking...

snehin
man this shit is confusin i think i heard it wrong!!or somethin like tht anyway it really doesn't matter i still love ruini kenshin!

sai12
man this shit is confusin i think i heard it wrong!!or somethin like tht anyway it really doesn't matter i still love ruini kenshin!

Why can't you spell? no expression

snehin
i can i use shortcuts and sometimes hav to work more than my capacity so i type fast here and try workin at the same time!!

sai12
Its Rurouni Kenshin..not whatever you typed no expression

snehin
i know but ont hav time so much work and also chattin on yahoo and msn and still hav to finish 1/2 my work frm yesterday so cant really bother if i made a mistake for now!

sai12
This is exactly why you should prioritize. *shakes head* I doubt you're doing very well at ANY of those things you are doing if you're trying to do them all rushed like.

I would suggest getting your work done first then playing around online *nod nod*

snehin
This is exactly why you should prioritize. *shakes head* I doubt you're doing very well at ANY of those things you are doing if you're trying to do them all rushed like.

I would suggest getting your work done first then playing around online *nod nod* well i could if my work was offline! im a cyber student so i work online lots!!and when im bored i come on here!!

snehin

I would suggest getting your work done first then playing around online *nod nod* besides now ur startin to sound like my gran!!

sai12
Yeah...well, it only makes sense!!!

You should not sign into yahoo/msn/aim/whatever, until your work is done...I don't understand people anymore..*shakes head*

snehin
well cant really hlp it my work has kept me up for almost 2 weeks cant just work all the time too much bore dum at once!

sai12
Eh whatever...lets get back on topic.

I have a question for everyone!!

Do you like the art in the series better or the art in Samurai X?

I personally like the stuff in the series better, but the again I started with the series so I guess I might be biased towards it...*ponder*

jnr hiphop
You sure? I thought it refered to him being an assassin. Manslayer...or something along those lines.

I think that Rurouni means what you're thinking...

yeah everyone says hitokiri battousai means something to do with assassin but every time everytime it says hitokiri battousai on pictures and everything it says wandering swordsman underneath it.. messed i dunno really..

snehin
Eh whatever...lets get back on topic.

I have a question for everyone!!

Do you like the art in the series better or the art in Samurai X?

I personally like the stuff in the series better, but the again I started with the series so I guess I might be biased towards it...*ponder* series!

sai12
Maybe the pics are just that way so everyone realises that he was the battousai. *shrug*

Anyway, I think what I said is the way it is supposed to be...I think wink

snehin
well watever i saw the fan art and normal art at animelab.com im tellin ya sereis has better works of art!!

sai12
well watever i saw the fan art and normal art at animelab.com im tellin ya sereis has better works of art!!

Eh? I wasn't talking about fan art.

I'm taking about the differnet styles. Like how Kenshin looks in Samurai X compared to in Rurouni Kenshin.

no expression

snehin
never watched samurai-x so dont know!!

snehin
i watched rurouni kenshin for a while so i guess u know the answer!!

mssharrow
well cant really hlp it my work has kept me up for almost 2 weeks cant just work all the time too much bore dum at once!

well, same here....
I try to get atleast 2-5 mins to post here, to atleast lessen the stressed at work, but never open my IM....your still lucky, your not full time at work are you?

I'm taking about the differnet styles. Like how Kenshin looks in Samurai X compared to in Rurouni Kenshin. no expression
for me, I think Samurai X.

snehin
well, same here....
I try to get atleast 2-5 mins to post here, to atleast lessen the stressed at work, but never open my IM....your still lucky, your not full time at work are you?

for me, I think Samurai X. nope my work is all for school but too much is for sure 1200 pages do far and countin for the past 3 weeks

SamuraiSquirrel
Hitokiri Battousai means master assasin.......not sure were you got the wondering samurai from but batousai means assasin

jnr hiphop
Yeah ok whatever, but it's a bit too late for telling me now, enough people have told me already.

SamuraiSquirrel
im sorry bro but you had to head that atleast one more time from me

jnr hiphop
come again?

sai12
I think he meant to say "you had to hear it at least one more time"

jnr hiphop
Right... Why is that, SamuraiSquirrel? Didn't I say that I've heard it enough already?

sai12
He was just rubbing it in further...adding more salt to the wounds :P

SamuraiSquirrel
exactly wink

jnr hiphop
Yes. But I already said I don't need any more of that. What is it with you trying to correct someone who has already been corrected? How does that mean I need to hear it one more time? The "one more time" has already been said.

sai12
Yes. But I already said I don't need any more of that. What is it with you trying to correct someone who has already been corrected? How does that mean I need to hear it one more time? The "one more time" has already been said.

And why do you keep bringing it up? Its almost like you want the salt rubbed in further. *stare*

Anyhow, lets just drop it. We understand that you were offended by the comments, but you could have just let it go quite awhile back and it'd be all good right now.

We could try to get back on topic, that is always fun too. Just I don't know anything new to bring to the scene....

SamuraiSquirrel
exactly wink

jnr hiphop
And why do you keep bringing it up? Its almost like you want the salt rubbed in further. *stare*

Anyhow, lets just drop it. We understand that you were offended by the comments, but you could have just let it go quite awhile back and it'd be all good right now.

We could try to get back on topic, that is always fun too. Just I don't know anything new to bring to the scene....
You've got a point there, but why did you get involved when it had nothing to do with you in the first place? You say I could have just let it go, well, I should be telling that to you also. Oh yeah, thanks for your understanding, I appreciate it.

snehin
well, same here....

for me, I think Samurai X. well my work is kinda wat i do all day long!!

SamuraiSquirrel
hahaha take that i get to work 8 am -1pm then i can do what ever i want the rest of the day

snehin
Originally posted by SamuraiSquirrel
hahaha take that i get to work 8 am -1pm then i can do what ever i want the rest of the day my work is for my scholarship and school but it lasts all day before today i had not slept 6 days in a row!!8hrs in 6 days cool huh!!

snehin

We could try to get back on topic, that is always fun too. Just I don't know anything new to bring to the scene.... ok then anyone know anythin to get us back on topic

sai12
Uh..*thinks*

My Samurai X dvds have those reversible covers. Like the DNAngel dvds do. One side says Rurouni Kenshin and the other says Samurai X....

That was really dumb no expression

snehin
Uh..*thinks*

My Samurai X dvds have those reversible covers. Like the DNAngel dvds do. One side says Rurouni Kenshin and the other says Samurai X....

That was really dumb no expression i was truely the worst way to take us back on topic but it worked so wats the best pic of kenshin tht u have?

SamuraiSquirrel
i dont have a really good pic of RK. can anyone help me on that?

sai12
Haha, I know! I suck at bringing things back to topic! *hides in shame* Good pics? Well, there's my super awesome desktop pic...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/sai12/mydesktop.jpg

Eh...I don't have many images saved on my computer....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/sai12/KENSHIN.jpg

That's 1 of two ...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/sai12/KenshinWOOT.jpg

2 of two

That's all the Kenshin pics I have..not including some wallpapers...like I said very few images...JUST GOOGLE IT! :P

snehin
Haha, I know! I suck at bringing things back to topic! *hides in shame* Good pics? Well, there's my super awesome desktop pic...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/sai12/mydesktop.jpg

Eh...I don't have many images saved on my computer....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/sai12/KENSHIN.jpg

That's 1 of two ...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/sai12/KenshinWOOT.jpg

2 of two

That's all the Kenshin pics I have..not including some wallpapers...like I said very few images...JUST GOOGLE IT! :P wel i got a few hold on ill post em!

sai12
Great..post away! Pics are always fun...don't forget to google my friends!!

snehin
this is one!!

sai12
You've posted that one before..*anime faint*

You got us all...excited...total letdown! *hangs head*

sai12
Results 1 - 20 of about 145,000 for kenshin. (0.11 seconds

Image search on google...GOOGLE IS GOD people...If I felt nicer I'd be posting them here...but its easier for you to just do it yourselves :P

snehin
this one i just got off the web

SamuraiSquirrel
nop e i always get way more resulst with yahoo imagae search

snehin
You've posted that one before..*anime faint*

You got us all...excited...total letdown! *hangs head* sry forgot!!the other one had i posted tht before?

sai12
Yes, you posted it before...well, maybe that was the OTHER Kenshin thread...

Originally posted by SamuraiSquirrel
nop e i always get way more resulst with yahoo imagae search

Eh..whatever...Search for pics that's all I'm saying.

snehin
Yes, you posted it before...well, maybe that was the OTHER Kenshin thread...

Eh..whatever...Search for pics that's all I'm saying. ok im really gonna get other pics!

EndlessDarkness
yea i do....
I watched 3 boxsets of it....
I really got hooked up into the show...
but I was wondering how many episode it has?
and in what episode does Tomoe appears...

It's a really kewl show!!!!

SamuraiSquirrel
huh?

SamuraiSquirrel
http://dvdtimes.co.uk/images/bex/kenshin8_aoshi.jpg

lets hear it for the biggest bad ass in RK

sai12
Ooh blood!! *stares*

*runs away*

AAAHHHHH!!! Graphic images!!

Takiko_4ever
OMIGOSH!
Kenshin rocks!
especially the OVA!
it got a good rating on being the most saddest anime ever!
what other anime is sad as the OVA Kenshn???
can anyone name???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.