King Thor vs .....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
I'm not too familiar with how powerful King Thor is, just that some posters have said that he killed Hulk and Thing with relative ease.... so one-on-one how would King Thor fare...

against Dark Phoenix?

against Tyrant?

against Dormammu?

Cosmo Kramer
Dark Phoenix is just a form of Jean Grey in metopause. rock

wrathofachilles
It's called menopause.

King Thor would defeat Tyrant and Dormammu, I don't know about Phoenix. That would be tough, considering Galactus was afraid of 'her.' King Thor could arguably take Galactus, but that would be a good fight too, so Phoenix might be too much for him.

picoico
Galactus was not "afraid" of Phoenix...I have no idea where that came from. I know there was a what-if issue where the two locked horns, and Galactus simply gave up and went away looking for an easier meal...pretty much in character.

Phoenix is a cosmic entity, though...that's for certain...

Galactus would eat King Thor and crap him out. Let's not forget that Galactus's technology alone could probably wipe out asgard...never mind his own cosmic powers.

King Thor would easily dispatch Tyrant and Dormammu...those would be boring match ups anyway. I'd like to see King Thor vs. Thanos...lot's of good plot material there. Or King Thor vs. Mephisto (say, teaming up with Hela). It'd be nice to see Thor match wits with a villian for once...he's a King...why not show he's matrued and has gained much wisdom as well...

Beyonder
King Thor would easily dispatch Tyrant and Dormammu? What feats has he done to put him above these two?

Tyrant beat up Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Terrax, Jack Of Hearts, etc. all at once. Dormammu is in the upper hierarchy of magic. Strange devoted his life to keeping guys like Dormammu in their own dimension.

picoico
Beyonder,

You've made some good points...I confused Tyrant for Morg for some dumb reason.

Dormammu is alot more powerful than I thought too (Sheesh...this guy should seriously outclass Strange):

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/dormammu.htm

wrathofachilles
Thor has mastery over the runes, making him above Loki, to whom Strange has conceded supremacy before, thus he's above Dormammu. Tyrant is on Surfer/Gladiator/etc. level, which is at normal Thor level, King Thor is superior to Warrior Madness Thor, who beat Surfer,Bill and Drax. King Thor is superior to Odin even, who fought Galactus to a stalemate, thus Galactus would do no such thing to him. Classic Thor hurt Galactus and sent him running, King Thor would do the same in much greater fashion. Galactus and Thanos would be good fights, but King Thor would still come out on top, as he is stronger than Odin.

Galactus wants to avoid it, that's what I mean by 'afraid.' He's been known to fear before, he's not above it.

Maestro
Dormammu is superior to Loki and Strange in mastery over magic, so I don't see how you can put King Thor above him, seeing that neither Loki and Strange can annex realms into their own and make a force field which stops the mindless ones destroying everything.

And Tyrant wields biospheric energy which is above power cosmic, and is on galactus's level and is infact above Odin in power, now you do the maths.

wrathofachilles
If Dormammu is superior why does Strange alwasy beat him?

If Tyrant is on Galactus' level, then King Thor will still beat him because King Thor is above Odin and arguably Galactus, since regular Thor 'beat' him. And nothing is above power cosmic.

Maestro
what has King Thor done to show that he is stronger than galactus or any of these other people, he has above Odin but it doesn't make him stronger than Galactus, odin fended off galactus,so what?that automatically makes him stronger?that's like saying spiderman beat firelord, so that makes him on par with other cosmic characters because he beat firelord.

Also strange only 'defeats' dormammu because dormammu is used as a jobber in his comics and if strange lost to him in his own comic it would show him as weak, plus it's bad writing as well.

wrathofachilles
It's not like saying Spider-Man is on par with cosmic characters at all. Odin is a god and is above certain cosmic characters anyway. Like I said, regular Thor has the power to 'defeat' Galactus, thus King Thor has it as well. I'm not necessarily saying he's above Galactus on the hierarchy, only that he's capable of defeating him. And that's whis thread is about really, how King Thor would fare against the listed opponents. He has the power to defeat Galactus, thus he has the power to defeat Tyrant.

If Dormammu is a 'jobber,' then he'll be a 'jobber' to Thor as well. It's not bad writing for someone to be consistently defeated by an opponent. There are certain crossovers that are bad writing, when a writer attempts to incorporate a character he knows nothing about into his issue, but Dr. Strange's writers having Dr. Strange defeat one of his greatest foes is not bad writing, it's comic book writing.

Maestro
classic thor didn't beat galactus all he did was throw his hammer at galactus's chest, and galactus shaked it off like it was nothing and said something like,"oh i have never felt power like this before", but still it did never significantly harm him, so i don't see how you can base king thor off that. And why do people always use the argument that if that person beat that person that person would beat him, it would depend on who the writer would want to win, plain and simple.

Beyonder
He relies on ABC logics too much for some reason.

Fact: Galactus' power varies depending on whether he's hungery, not hungery, or just fully fed.

As for Odin fending Galactus off, Galactus wanted to consume Asgard to satisfy his HUNGER. Odin was in Asgard, having his realm's power to back him up. Odin fending off a hungry Galactus doesn't mean Odin is on par or above Galactus.

King Thor is above Odin in what way. Show me some proof Wrath, what did he do?

Warrior Madness Thor beat up Surfer & Beta Ray Bill in one fight. He beat up Drax, Gamora, & getting the upper hand on Warlock in another. Every fight he's fought in Blood & Thunder of two to four individuals ranging from way below herald level to high level herald stat. How does that compare to Tyrant easily kicking the crap out of Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Terrax, Jack Of Hearts, Gladiator, etc. all at once? Stormbreaker bounced right off of Tyrant, Jack Of Hearts full blast to the face did not a thing, Surfer's blast ment nothing. What's King Thor done that puts him at this level.

As for Strange beating Dormammu, Strange often uses talisman's to assist him against Dormammu, prep-time, relying on rules of magic to keep guys like Dormammu & Shuma Gorath from casually moving back and forth from their realm to Earth's. Every time Strange beats Dormammu, there's always some plot device to help him win. Again, what has King Thor done to put him at Dormammu's level. Strange stated that Loki was superior to him back in Strange's ameture days as a socerrer.

wrathofachilles
Every battle depends on the writer. He threw his hammer which did nothing but in one instance he unleashed the godforce blast which did serious harm. I'm not saying Galactus couldn't swat Thor away like a fly if he wanted to, I'm saying that he can be harmed by Thor, and that's at regular level. I don't think people know King Thor very well. He was super-god status, above Odin, Zeus, etc.

I never said Odin was above Galactus, in fact I've said the contrary several times before. My point was that Odin repelled him, and King Thor is in Asgard, thus what's different? As for him being above Odin, it was stated in the Thor comics. He had the Odinpower PLUS his own strength PLUS he had greater wisdom than Odin ever had because he put both his eyes out. Plus he had Mjolnir of course, not that he needed it. What he did to put him at that level was killing off many of the gods that were higher in status than the heralds.

I don't know enough about Dormammu outside Strange always beating him. I don't recall Strange fighting Loki so I don't know if Loki is still superior or not, but what I do know is that Current Thor out 'magicked' Loki in two seconds and needs no talismans or burning fires to sustain his power. He makes a gesture and gets it done, he'd likely out 'magic' Strange about as quickly. I also imagine a fight with Dormammu would depend on where it takes place, as Dormamu is unstoppable in his realm.

Tough Guy
ive read nothing that states classic thor is as powerful as u describe wrathofachillies, sorry, god blast or no ( this cant even kill juggie) u seem to be a big fanfine, and king thor or whatever i dont know enough about but classic old book thor is not as powerful as u make out

Tough Guy
also a god blast leaves thor incredibly weak, so if it doesnt kill his intended target, only stuns, then god help him ( lol)

wrathofachilles
How powerful do I make him out? This thread was about King Thor, not classic, and if you don't know enough about him, why form an opinion? You know nothing of the godforce blast, it most certainly kills most of his intended targets, it just so happens that really only usually uses it on opponents he knows he won't kill, like Juggernaut and Galactus. It didn't kill Juggernaut, but it stopped him and pushed him backwards, which has never been done. so you explain to me how the godforce blast isn't as powerful as I make out.

Tough Guy
i dont know a lot about king thor, not classic., im just adding opinion from previous threads, war stopped juggie, it has been done, what celestials would god force kill, apocalypse etc? it wouldnt kill any hero whos either indestructable or very near, your hulks and even wolvie, who has been re formed from just one of his cells surviving, its the sameas any power writers will make it effective as they need. i think ive formed my opinion from the hulk v thor threads pal, sorry about that.

joesha28
I don't think so, Classic Thor chased Galactus off with Godblast. Odin repelled Galactus with Odinforce. Odin and Thor could not defeat Desak the godslayer. But King Thor not only defeat but destroyed a Desak merged the Destroyer with his godblast and odinforce. This shows King Thor's power is way above "godly". He would kick both Phoenix and Galactus.

joesha28
first thing Jugs power derived from a godly entity Cyttorak. So when Thor fights Jugs it's like a "god" vs "god"

joesha28
check this out

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cyttor.htm

Maestro
joesha28, just admit it your a thor fanboy, whatever argument is put on the table against thor you just bring up something else, which is just leading to the fact that all thor incarnations are beatable and that king thor would lose to phoenix and galactus.

clickclick
King thor on the level of galactus or phoenix? I have trouble believing that. Tyrant is mighty strong too.

Maestro
bit of info on dormammu: Dormammu can manipulate his magical power to accomplish a vast number of feats: interdimensional teleportation, size transformations, time travel, elemental control, telepathy, matter transmutations, energy manifestations from extraordinary powerful bolts of magically-constructed beings, and many other. Further, he is of sufficient might to be able to cancel out or tamper with the magic of others. (For example, he once caused Thor to revert to his former mortal guise of Don Blake in spite of Odin's enchantment.)

The example, shows that he could render king thor useless with his abilities, as he has already with regular thor.

joesha28
Really! explain yourself

joesha28
Are really sure of what you saying? I think not... care to explain yourself?

joesha28
It took the powers of the whole elite pantheon to nullify the Odinforce of King Thor. and that was King Thor who have yet to master the Odinforce. Simply to say you guys underestimated the big guy. where was all those jokers when King Thor was ruling earth for hundred of years?

joesha28
tell me, who is not beatable in MU?

Krissy Von Doom
was this "king thor" storyline in an alternate reality?

joesha28
No. It happened

Krissy Von Doom
Someone said he killed Hulk and Thing, so they're dead now?

joesha28
No with the designate's advise he turn back time to see himself in the past. There he passed the knowledge of what is to come to himself of the past

picoico
King Thor's utmost limit in power was described in a Thor issue (can't remember the number offhand).

He a) Reconstructed the moon after it blew and b) traped some world-destroying alien robot in it after fighting it to a stalemate. That exhauseted all his powers, and he fell back to earth after doing said feat.

Impressive, but not 'cosmic'. Certainly nowhere close to a cosmic cube, whom Galactus is always placed above (at least in the SS and FF comics).

If this were a fight where galactus goes all out, like how he beat the crap out of Inbetweener, then Galactus wins. Period. If he's on a hunger-mission, he can be repulsed by the likes of the FF...repulsing galactus and beating him are two different things.

King Thor is impressive as an earth-bound hero, or even on par/superior with other cosmic powered entities like SS, Warlock, Thanos, etc. He's just not on par with the PF or Galactus.

Tough Guy
i know it might have scared galactus etc, would not kill/beat him if he was determined to have a go at thor, juggie is indestructable as cytorrak is godly, hulk is nigh indestructable so theres 2 god force would merely piss off, yup king thor killed hulk thing and whoever else was needed to show just how powerful he was, but well ive a feeling that u can supe a lot of heros to become godly and they would kick thors arse as king thor. classic thor would be dealt with by your normal hulks, juggies abominationsetc

PowerCosmic
I just want to bump this topic. Its very interesting battle to see King Thor fight against Dark Phoenix, Tyrant, or Dormammu.

I don't know much about Dark Phoenix so I can't comment on that.
But for the battle against Tyrant, it would be a good one. I'm leaning toward Tyrant. Although King Thor was awesome during his battle against the heroes, they weren't herald like lvls. He almost lost to Captain America when fighting him. Thor was of course exhausted from battle. When Tyrant fought, he fought heralds who would had taken out the heroes that King Thor fought. As for the Dormammu fight, it could go either way. Dormammu is powerful in his dimension.

occultdestroyer
Dark Phoenix wins.

Tyrant loses.

Dormammu wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.