Dr. Fate Vs Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
I think it a tie.

ScarletSpider
Sometimes Nabu dicks around with Hector, weakening him quite a bit. Dr. Strange is Master of the Mystic Arts, having no hinderance like Nabu. IMO, he takes it, although Fate is a tough cookie.

Abaddon
Is it "Sorcerer Supreme" Strange? If it is, he would win easily.

MERCILOUS
Even if he were Sorcerer Supreme it wouldn't be easy. I'm not sure who to say would win right now.

supremthor
dont see strange or fate wining

supremthor
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/doc_fate4.htm =fate
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/strange.htm =strange

The Batman 24
Hopefully every one knows who these guys are

I think Dr.Fate could beat Dr. Strange because his majic is more usefull

KharmaDog
Define "more useful"

supremthor
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313526 already did this battel

Tron
Damn, you beat me to it.

baddspellahl4
doctor strange. no doubt

theflyxx
I like Dr. Fate, but I would have to go with Strange on this one.

MERCILOUS
Fate's gone toe to toe with the Spectre.

DarkCrawler
Fate has more variety with his magic...

Draco69
Fate's weakness is his helmet. Without it he's powerless. Strange can exploit this weakness using his wacky Eye of Agamatto thingy.

Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange has defeated Dracula, Mephisto (Satan), Thor, Baron Mordo, Nightmare, Dormammu, Silver Dagger, Dracula, Umar, Kaluu, and Sise-Neg. All of them are more powerful than Spectre, except for Dracula, Baron Mordo, and Silver Dagger.

Fate only has one magical artifact: his helmet. Strange has:

The Scrolls and Wand of Watoomb:

With these, he can use any spell in existance.

The Eye of Agamotto:

The Eye of Agamotto is empowered by the mysterious extra-dimensional entity known as Agamotto.

The Eye can emit a blinding light of incalcuable mystic force. It will allow its wielder to see through disguises, invoke images of the immediate past, and track both corporeal and ethereal beings by their psychic or magical emissions. The Eye enables the wielder to easily probe the minds of sentient beings. When used thusly, the amulet opens and releases a representation of a golden eye, which affixes itself to its wielder's forehead, allowing him to "see" into the mind he wished to probe.

It also allows the user to teleport anwher in the universe instantly. The Eye also can be used to provide a gateway into other dimensions. The amulet will separate from its backing, enlarge to a size several feet in diameter, and then open, revealing a portal to other dimensions. It can be used this way to visit the realm of Eternity."

The Cloak of Levitation:

The cloak grants it's user supersonic flight speeds of up to Mach 7, but in conjunction with his magical power, he can fly at light speed.

The Ruby of Dominion
The Ruby of Dominion is an talisman that allows its controller to control at least one other being. The Ruby will become even more powerfull when the eye of Agamotto is used as a magical conduit. The amount of beings that the ruby is able to control will increase. And on this level it will be possible to control planetary masses of living beings.

Dr. Fate's Helmet is nowhere near the power of The Eye of Agamotto. Nabu was only a powerful Egyptian Sorceress. Agamotto is a universal magical entity. Fate would easily be overcome by the power of Agamotto. With the scrolls of Watoomb, and the Vishanti at his disposal, Fate stands not a chance. Strange has not met a magical being more powerful than himself, as there are none in the universe. He is the Sorcerer Supreme.

DarkCrawler
Actually, Fate has Helm of Nabu:

AND Orb of Nabu:

AND Amulet of Anubis

AND Cloak of Destiny

And Spectre is at least par with these people...

Those were the powers that Hal Jordan as Spectre possesses. The Spectre before him had the same powers. And he was even more skillful and experienced then Hal...

Cosmic Cube
All are earthly, and pale in comparison to Strange's arsenal. The Vishanti alone could overcome all four.

Strange also has the Orb of Agamotto, that allows him to see everything that happens in the universe, past and present.

IRTMU-Dragon
what about Dr. Bong?
Howard the ducks arch-nemesis!

Tron
Merging

manjaro
strange has always been sorcerer supreme. dr. fate works off a real top o top level(here he goes with that DC is more powered up argument again angel )

but i have to go with strange tho

MERCILOUS
All are earthly? You do realize that Spectre has ultimate power? He could undo all the gods in all the universes save for the presence. Fate goes toe to toe with this and your response is that all his artifacts and or fights are earthly? Is that because you're unfamiliar or somehow impaired?

DarkCrawler
Yeah going toe to toe with Spectre is very big feat.

BootlegBoys420
Before The Fight... I Must Say... This Is The Best Forum Ever...
Whos The More Powerful Sorcerer Supreme?
Doctors Going At It... Anything Goes!!!!

We Be Bootleg...

stick out tongue

We Run These Streets!!!!!!!!

spetznaz
I think this might have been done before, but if it hasn't then here goes:

Dr Strange: Extensiveness knowledge of the occult, eye of Agamotto, Orb of Agomotto, cloak of levitation, plus his two greatest powers: The Greater Book of the Vishanti (which has some crazy spells, plus allows him to contact the Vishanti Entities), and the dread book of Darkhold (basically the Book of the Vishanti, but this time written by an evil deity with words of flame).
Dr Strange's real power though is his virtually complete knowledge of most 'normal' and several 'abnormal' forms of magic.

Dr Fate: Ok, this dude is stranger than strange. For all intents and purposes he is nothing more than the human shell of a greater god! He wears the Helm (helmet) of Nabu, which is basically host to Nabu, a Lord of Order. The Lords of Order are bacially deities that wage constant war against the 'Old Ones,' beings of great darkness and despair (the dark god Cthulhu is one of the Old Ones that Nabu fights against).
The current Dr Fate can think for himself, but the others that existed before him basically lost all control of themselves once they wore the Helm. They were for all purposes possessed by the Lord of Order. There personalities were just surplanted by Nabu.
Anyways, Fate is given SERIOUS magical abilities by Nabu. For example immortality, invulnerability (while wearing the Helm), super strength,flight (not just levitation like Strange, but actual flight), and so on.
And with the Helm on Dr Fate is basically in possession of ALL magical ability and able to use both earth and other-dimension magics.

Anyways, who would win in a Strange vs Fate fight?

It depends which Dr Fate is fighting!

If it is the current Dr Fate then I would have to give it to Dr Strange. The reason is that although Dr Fate is far stronger (through Nabu Fate is stronger than the Vishanti even) than Strange, he does not have as much knowledge on how to use his powers. Strange on the other hand can use virtually 100% of the powers under his control.
Thus Strange would win this fight due to his superior knowledge (even though Fate has superior power).

If it is any of the other Fates (the 3 Fates before the current one) then Dr Fate would win ......easily. The reason for this is all of those Fates did not have real self-control once they wore the Helm of Nabu. Nabu would basically surplant their persona's and take over their bodies. Basically possession.
Thus Dr Strange would not be fighting Dr Fate .....he would be fighting a Lord of Order, Nabu, in Fate's body.
In this scenario Strange would be outmatched in both magical power (by far) and magical knowledge (by eons since Nabu has been around since the dawn of time).

The only person who can defeat Dr Fate (with Nabu in full control) is Dr StrangeFate (the amalgam creation that melded Dr Strange and Dr Fate into one being).

Tron
Yes, this has been done before:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315178&highlight=Dr+Strange+vs+Dr+Fate

Use that thread to discuss.

Closing.

(sorry spetnaz, I know you put some work into that response)

spetznaz
Originally posted by Tron
Yes, this has been done before:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315178&highlight=Dr+Strange+vs+Dr+Fate

Use that thread to discuss.

Closing.

(sorry spetnaz, I know you put some work into that response)

LOL.

It's all good.

MERCILOUS
Someone needs to bring some serious info in on this one, people keep saying one is stronger than the other on other threads, I'd like to see some actual proof of either being stronger.

Mainstream
I don't know about who's stronger but I know Dr Fate needs his helemt to use his powers..Strange don't need no helemt...he basically just says crap like " I summon the 45 stars of boo boo wee wee" and crazy sh*t just happens.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mainstream
I don't know about who's stronger but I know Dr Fate needs his helemt to use his powers..Strange don't need no helemt...

No, but he needs his magical artifacts.

Mainstream
you mean strange? I do believe you are right DC give the man a prize

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No, but he needs his magical artifacts.

Depends on what you're talking about. His artifacts make certain things easier, but they aren't always accessible. The only magical items Strange has with him at all times are the Eye of Agamotto and the Cloak of Levitation. Without them, Strange is still able to manipulate the ambient magical energy of the universe, communicate telepathically with dozens of people, etc.

Magical items are tools, not the source of his power.

Mainstream
like learn aid if you will...which can be used to make the job easier.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Depends on what you're talking about. His artifacts make certain things easier, but they aren't always accessible. The only magical items Strange has with him at all times are the Eye of Agamotto and the Cloak of Levitation. Without them, Strange is still able to manipulate the ambient magical energy of the universe, communicate telepathically with dozens of people, etc.

Magical items are tools, not the source of his power.

So...the Eye of Agamotto doesn't eneable him the telepathy?

And Fate has done some pretty amazing stuff:

Mordru, by the way, is perhaps the strongest magician in DC universe. He is the Lord of Chaos.

whirlysplat
big grinOriginally posted by Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange has defeated Dracula, Mephisto (Satan), Thor, Baron Mordo, Nightmare, Dormammu, Silver Dagger, Dracula, Umar, Kaluu, and Sise-Neg. All of them are more powerful than Spectre, except for Dracula, Baron Mordo, and Silver Dagger.

Fate only has one magical artifact: his helmet. Strange has:

The Scrolls and Wand of Watoomb:

With these, he can use any spell in existance.

The Eye of Agamotto:

The Eye of Agamotto is empowered by the mysterious extra-dimensional entity known as Agamotto.

The Eye can emit a blinding light of incalcuable mystic force. It will allow its wielder to see through disguises, invoke images of the immediate past, and track both corporeal and ethereal beings by their psychic or magical emissions. The Eye enables the wielder to easily probe the minds of sentient beings. When used thusly, the amulet opens and releases a representation of a golden eye, which affixes itself to its wielder's forehead, allowing him to "see" into the mind he wished to probe.

It also allows the user to teleport anwher in the universe instantly. The Eye also can be used to provide a gateway into other dimensions. The amulet will separate from its backing, enlarge to a size several feet in diameter, and then open, revealing a portal to other dimensions. It can be used this way to visit the realm of Eternity."

The Cloak of Levitation:

The cloak grants it's user supersonic flight speeds of up to Mach 7, but in conjunction with his magical power, he can fly at light speed.

The Ruby of Dominion
The Ruby of Dominion is an talisman that allows its controller to control at least one other being. The Ruby will become even more powerfull when the eye of Agamotto is used as a magical conduit. The amount of beings that the ruby is able to control will increase. And on this level it will be possible to control planetary masses of living beings.

Dr. Fate's Helmet is nowhere near the power of The Eye of Agamotto. Nabu was only a powerful Egyptian Sorceress. Agamotto is a universal magical entity. Fate would easily be overcome by the power of Agamotto. With the scrolls of Watoomb, and the Vishanti at his disposal, Fate stands not a chance. Strange has not met a magical being more powerful than himself, as there are none in the universe. He is the Sorcerer Supreme.

whirlysplat
I did a thread on it Mordru v Strange.

no one really responded to itbig grin

So...the Eye of Agamotto doesn't eneable him the telepathy?

And Fate has done some pretty amazing stuff:

Mordru, by the way, is perhaps the strongest magician in DC universe. He is the Lod of Chaos.

DarkCrawler
No...Nabu is the Lord of Order...Mordru is the Lord of Chaos...that is what I meant.

whirlysplat
big grin maybe I was unclear in my post your right.

No...Nabu is the Lord of Order...Mordru is the Lord of Chaos...that is what I meant.

Zahit
This is one helluva battle.
Dr. Fate has more raw power at his disposal.
Dr Strange certainly has far more knowledge than Fate.
Fate recieved his powers from the helmet.
Strange has been studying magic for decades.
This fight could go both ways.
Strange over Fate 6 outta 10.
I would give a slight edge to Dr. Strange due to his vast
knowledge and experience. He might outsmart or come
up with something Fate's never encountered before.

Mainstream
I think if Fate won that would be Strange.

Zahit
definitely a strange twist of fate....

whirlysplat
but fate can be strange. Its like irony is often ironic confused

Mainstream
biggrin true...but Strange being beaten by Fate could be the strangest Fate Strange would ever experience

whirlysplat
Strangely enough it would be stranger if fate was dealt a blow and strange won big grin

Zahit
you win.

DarkCrawler
You know...Nabu can talk to Fate when he wears the helmet...maybe he can help him?

long pig
Fate seriously has more raw power at his command, be he lacks the actual experience and know-how to use it as well as Steve uses his.
Steve has 100's of years of experience(trained in the universe where time does not pass), fate has far far far less.

Plus, like I've said, Fate has one very powerful god, Strange has dozens, who are more than likely more powerful than Nabu.

I would say it's a toss up with no prep, but if each gets prep, Strange would own him.

Laminator_X
Strange has, many times, upended sorcerers duels against opponents with far greater "raw might" than he has. Often, he absorbs their powers at the same time. Examples of this would be the Conjuror's Sphere he used against Baron Mordo back in the day, as well as the way he climbed the ladder of Shuma-Gorath's minions in the 80's, eventually stealing enough of Shuma-Gorath's power to end its eons-long existance. He barely made it away from that with his identity intact.

"Ah but my being is my power, to destroy me is to become me, as others have. All will be well for a time, your will will be reality. But in time you will become bored, and when looking out across the planes of existance, you hear the name of Shuma-Gorath invoked in spell, you will answer!" --Shuma-Gorath

SG was easily as powerful as Mordru, if not moreso. Kaluu observed that if Strange returned to Earth directly without shedding much of the power he had gained, our universe would have been destroyed merely by his presence.

Fate has more raw might at his immediate disposal via the Helm, but that's seldom posed a problem for Strange.

long pig
Yeah, Strange can tap into the closet Magical source and pull it into himself making him more powerful.
He would drain Fate the entire fight.

If you want to look at it by who Strange has beaten, he's beaten people that make Nabu look like david blain.

Wynndar
HAHAHAHA

brainchild81
It might end up coming down to hand to hand. If it does then Strange would most likely take it.

MERCILOUS
Does Hall retain any "Hawkman" fighting prowess?

ImmortalOne
Still... I say Fate...
Who do you think is more experienced... Nabu or Strange
Nabu is !!!

And Nabu sometimes does pick on Hector.... But he doesn't want to lose Hector... So Nabu will use his thousand of years-experience to help Hector in "god-like" ways....

long pig
Fate isn't Nabu.....yes you could argue he is nearly Nabu, but he isn't.

Strange mastered three different types of magic, Dark magic, Chaos magic and white magic.
He even dabbled in extremely evil magic when Aggaroth was messin with him.

Strange wins, too much power, too many ways to use it...and far more capable with it.

Add the fact Strange can conjure up ANYTHING, as long as he pictures it in his mind, and has touched it before.

BTW, is Fate immune to telepathy and possesion?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by long pig

I think the helm shields him from it.

MERCILOUS
Fate isn't Nabu.....yes you could argue he is nearly Nabu, but he isn't.

Strange mastered three different types of magic, Dark magic, Chaos magic and white magic.
He even dabbled in extremely evil magic when Aggaroth was messin with him.

Strange wins, too much power, too many ways to use it...and far more capable with it.

Add the fact Strange can conjure up ANYTHING, as long as he pictures it in his mind, and has touched it before.

ummmmmm...

one thing long pig, I'm pretty sure I remember Strange distinctly saying "there is no such thing as 'chaos magic'"

long pig
I know what youre saying, he said this in Avengers 503.

He spanks Scarlet Witch like no tomorrow, and says "there's no Chaos magic".

BUT,
in DS#55 he uses the hell out of Chaos magic.
How he can say this when he's actually USED Chaos magic, makes no sense.

Seriously, if chaos magic doesn't exist then Chthon (as in Wanda's using Chthonic magic by way of her Wundagore Mountain heritage) and the Lords of Chaos and Loki and Chaos-Man have no power source and they're powerless.

It's an obvious mistake on behalf of Bendis.

long pig
Hell, I have in my hands as we speak a flat-out direct reference to 'chaos magic'. In Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #83.

He's using it there as well.

long pig
After reading more of this issue, I dunno.
He calls "chaos magic" "catastrophy magic" and interchanges them frequently, he also fights the living imbodiment of "chaos magic"...

While lookin up this Chaos thing, I found a comic where strange actually beats Eternity.....

MERCILOUS
Ok cool, Bendis sucks.

I guess there is chaos magic, it just wasn't what Wanda was using... So Strange says aforementioned quote just to get a point across. Good story though, but Bendis still sucks.

long pig
Strange says there is no "chaos magic" or "hex's", basically saying Wanda has no power.

Did any of that really happen, or was it Wanda's powers we were witnessing?

Strange has used hex's AND chaos magic, so Bendis can't be that dumb.
Something's up.

MERCILOUS
so Bendis can't be that dumb.

I beg to difer.

But anyway, there's alot of references to Wanda's "Chaos magic" in that story, but when Strange says "there is no..." I think he's saying that Wanda is using another magic, that she's deemed chaos magic. Now that I remember a little more, he does go on to explain a little more after that.

long pig
laughing out loud He likes shock value.

You may be right, maybe she never actually used chaos or hex's, but used and had pure reality warping power.
She just didn't know it....or they needed another huge company wide crossover to boost sales again ....blah!

MERCILOUS
I remember him talking about the cost of using magic, maybe there's something that would help us there? Whatever. I just want someone to tell me with cold hard facts who's stronger.

long pig
Well, on paper Fate is more powerful, the guy is basically a Demi-God.

Hard to honestly tell who is better, magic is impossible to explain.

MERCILOUS
I suppose you're right, I was just getting tired of people stating that one was more powerful than the other (to back up there claims) in other threads without any proof.

whirlysplat
No this cannot possibly be..........

I think Long pig and mercilous are right.......!!!!!!!!!!!

eek!

O.D Geist
Originally posted by Zahit
I would give a slight edge to Dr. Strange due to his vast
knowledge and experience. He might outsmart or come
up with something Fate's never encountered before.

so u telling that strange has more knowledge than nabu,In 3500 B.C., an energy-being named Nabu was exiled to Earth where he took the form of an Egyptian magician. he is dumb old nabu so i would say his vast knowledge of magic would be more and the reason i say that is cause Now, as the new Dr. Fate, Hector commands a vast array of magical spells and eldritch formulae. His golden helmet is inhabited by the spirit of Nabu, an ancient Egyptian sorcerer, who whispers spells to Hector.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by O.D Geist
so u telling that strange has more knowledge than nabu,In 3500 B.C., an energy-being named Nabu was exiled to Earth where he took the form of an Egyptian magician. he is dumb old nabu so i would say his vast knowledge of magic would be more and the reason i say that is cause Now, as the new Dr. Fate, Hector commands a vast array of magical spells and eldritch formulae. His golden helmet is inhabited by the spirit of Nabu, an ancient Egyptian sorcerer, who whispers spells to Hector.

Strange, with his artifacts, is much more powerful than Dr. Fate.

long pig
Fate can only become as powerful as Nabu, that's as far as his power goes.

Strange, on the other hand, can become as powerful as the God/entity he invokes with his spells, he's granted this permission because he is the defender of his universe, and is trusted.

He's, on more than one occasion, invoked Eternity, and for the time of that fight, he was as powerful as Eternity.

He's even went over Eternity's head, and beat it.....well, as much as you can possibly beat Eternity.

On paper, Fate's strength/power IS more than Strange's, but it only takes one spell to change it up completely.

Anyways, someone who knows about strange, help me with something.
I remember Strange pumping up his physical being with magic energy, and his body was on par with thor, and around the same issue he conjured a magic suit of armor.......does anyone know these two issues???
I can't find mine anywhere!

Cosmic Flame
Are you talking about when he wasn't Sorceror Supreme, long pig? The whole bit when Salome was Soceress Supreme, and he had the two doppelgangers?

Anyhow, while Strange fought in the Battle of the Seven Spheres, he had access to the Vishanti's library. So not only does he have 5,000 years experience fighting mystical giants, he also gets to learn the Vishanti's secrets? I'm sure they had info on every other major mystical deity, as well as some of the minor ones. I can't imagine...

long pig
YES!....ahh, closure.

I wonder if he could normally do that?

Plus, he is one of the only people who can use the darkhold without being currupted.
I don't doubt this would be an awesome fight, but Strange just has too much power and rescources for Fate.

Cosmic Flame
Those were the late 60s, early 70s of series III. I don't have my collection at hand, so I can't give exact issues...maybe 67-70? You're thinking of the Last Rites or the story line after that.

ALEMASTER
I Dont know much about these 2 but i know that there both powerful masters of magic!

Pointinel
im lovin the dedication man... but i think this has been done before

keep on doing you... what happened with the caps

Juntai
Fate.

ALEMASTER
I remmbered to turn it of

Whirlysplatt
FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAITS FOR LONGPIG AS USUAL WHEN THIS THREAD IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

dawsey28
I did a search for this and nothing came up. so...

strange...

...that nothing came up.

HigH ScholaR
Dr. Strange vs Dr. fate=

doctor fate doctor

doctor strange mobile

EsteemedLeader
Fate.

leonidas
<<FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAITS FOR LONGPIG AS USUAL WHEN THIS THREAD IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!>>

oh i imagine he'll have a thing or 2 to say . . . smile

long pig
I HAVE TO RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE WITH YOU WHIRLY!!!!!!!!!!!
I THINK STRANGE HAS MORE VARIETY OF POWERS!!!!!!!!!
ALTHOUGH, I COULD SEE IT GO EITHER WAY TO BE TOTALLY HONEST!!!!!!!!!
BUT IN A PREP FIGHT, STRANGE WINS BY A LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!

leonidas
<<BUT IN A PREP FIGHT, STRANGE WINS BY A LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!>>

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE SHOUTING??!!

heheheh. and i agree it could go either way, depending on the version of fate. the 'traditional' version could certainly match strange and go 50/50 with him. some versions would get punked by strange. not with you at all on the prep thing, though. fate too has hundreds of gods/demons he calls upon for power and given time, he was even able to whip up a spell that carried highfather and others into the realm of the antilife equation and that even allowed them to battle the antilife for a short time! fate is a badass if given his full due. if each had prep it would not alter how i feel about this fight.

Juntai
Yeah, fate also went toe to toe with the Spectre for a short time before, although recently the Spectre pretty much squashed him in the countdown to Infinite crisis stuff.. ...

Juntai
And even a short time against the spectre is impressive.

long pig
I wasn't talking about the demons and such, I was talking about his artifacts and such. And other such of such nature.

Anything Fate can do, Strange can do without prep, but with prep, Strange can break out so many artifacts that Fate would be overwhelmed. Fate only has what he carries.

long pig
I think that was pre-crisis Fate. Maybe not, I can't remember.

And it wasn't like Spectre had orders to beat Fate, otherwise Fate would have lost like he did here recently when Spectre had orders to win.

Spectre really ain't that powerful when you think about it, unless he is given power to do something, he really can't do anything.

Juntai
Apprently you've never read a Spectre comic.
Spectre is the vision of God on all planets in all glaxies in all universes in all time, all at once. And can wave a hand and defeat anyone, he even killed Darkseid with a thought, then with the next one, recreated him.

long pig
Yes yes yada yada, he's useless unless given power by god to do each and everything he does.

If Spectre was told by god to beat Fate, Fate would be dead. But he wasn't and Fate lived.

Juntai
But... if Spectre was listening to God, right now for example. . . he couldn't exist on this plane. Because the Lord decreed that the Spectre Force COULD NOT exist on the mortal plane without a mortal soul to anchor it. So Spectre even beats Gods rules.

long pig
Spectre is not above the presence.

For all intents and purposes, Spectre is god's slave.

When Fate went up against Spectre, Fate just buzzed around him and Spectre didn't even attack with lethal force, yet he still overpowered Fate.
Spectre doesn't kill or hurt someone unless God tells him to, God didn't tell him to fight Fate.

Juntai
No, the will of the mortal is the judge, not God.

Like I said, read a Spectre comic, then come back to me.

long pig
Originally posted by Juntai
No, the will of the mortal is the judge, not God.

Like I said, read a Spectre comic, then come back to me.
That's just dumb.

Anyways, Strange and Kent are on a pretty similar league, that's 50/50 to me.
Strange and Hector Hall aren't matched up at all, Hector isn't on Strange's level yet.

long pig
I mean c'mon, we're talking about a guy who's beaten the in-betweener in his own realm.

kgkg
I mean c'mon, we're talking about a guy who's beaten the in-betweener in his own realm.
here to? eek!

long pig
Indeed....evil face

It took me forever to scan those pics when I found it, I hadda show everyone! big grin

the Darkone
Fate goes down hard. Doctor Strange is too damn powerful for fate, and strange has fought gods and demon lords. pound for pound strange rocks.

Whirlysplatt
esol egnarts ylisae big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
Fate is Nabu now

Arachnoidfreak
wooot! 100th post! and why are there like 10 threads on this same friggin match?

Dr.Fate
Beacause these two crazy doctors can't get enough of each other

Dr.Fate
And if its Nabu doctor Fate his sheer power and experiance will even over power a doctoer like Doc Strange. still it would be close

RUNMAN
Dr. Strange fo' sho'

batdude123
Dr. Fate fo' sho'. wink

RUNMAN
Only Batman is capable of beating Dr. Strange ya dig? lol

Mider
so fate cant invoke other powers beyond nabu?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Fate is Nabu now

So what, Dr. strange will call upon the power of eternity and step on Nabu like the little sh** he is.

Dr. Strange>>> Hector Hall
Dr. Strange = Kent Nelson
Dr. Strange>> Jared Stevens

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Mider
so fate cant invoke other powers beyond nabu?

well...can he?

batdude123
The upper limits of his magic aren't known.

Thunderstrike
I would put defeating Dormammu and Galactus over hanging with The Spectre, to be honest. I think Spectre is overrated.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by batdude123
The upper limits of his magic aren't known.

so does almost every high end magician.

batdude123
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
so does almost every high end magician.

I was just sayin'...

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by batdude123
I was just sayin'...

it's not meant to be agressive wink it's just that it's such a vague description of him and his magic had failed him before like any others.

batdude123
Powers and abilities:
Doctor Fate possesses a wide variety of powers. In general, he can fly, is resistant to damage, and has greater-than-human strength. He is susceptible to toxins in the air, however.

At his most potent, Fate is an accomplished sorcerer, able to match most other wizards in the DC Universe, but not as powerful as true extra-human beings such as The Spectre. Fate has been observed throwing bolts of mystical energy, crafting solid objects out of energy a la Green Lantern, and transforming objects into other kinds of matter. The full limits of his magical skills are unknown.

Over time, Doctor Fate has evolved to be somewhat similar to Marvel Comics' Doctor Strange, in that both possess amulets which can emit beams of light, and both live in mysterious abodes filled with mystical books and objects. (In fact, the two were temporarily merged into a single character named Doctor Strangefate during the Amalgam crossover.) Fate is considerably more withdrawn from humanity in both demeanor and locale than is the Manhattan-based Strange.

This is from Wikipedia.

Sixth_Winged
And see there, evolved to be somewhat similar to Doc Strange.

But that description is still easily suitable for other high end magician/sorcerer/wizards/magical users.

batdude123
Isn't Dr. Fate a telepath too?

Sixth_Winged
Yes, world class perhaps or more.

Sixth_Winged
oh and i think it's just fair to put what wiki has to say about doc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.