Gift Set Or Extended

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
I need help figuring out what one to get. What are you planning on getting..maybe that will help.

Storm
The EE.

Smodden
Every year I tell myself I'm going to buy the gift set, with the polystone statue...But when it comes down to it...I always just buy the EE only.no expression

Exabyte
Gift Set as I only have the normal EEs of the other two parts.

>>
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t299005.html ("Gift Set vs. EE"wink
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t28374.html (several Giftset-and-EE threads merged)

Mandos
Don't waste money on the gift set, just buy the EE

Nazgul lord
um whats the gist set?

Lord_Andres
gift set is kinda waste of money I think, it cost like 2x but it isint in no way 2x better so y waste good money???

darktim1
There is going to be a new exstended edition trailer on lord of the rings.net on november 29, with 6 minutes of new footage.

Mandos
For an additionnal fee of 20$. Come on, this is ridiculous! sick

eezy45
EE edit:<- I'd buy it I mean

Bar-en-Danwedh
the GIST SET is the 20 minute versions of the films...
for people who don't want to get bogged down with detail...

stick out tongue

Smodden
laughing out loud

ladygrim
i dunno ...

conway

Discos
It shall be the EE for me, cant be done with the gift set, I dont have room on my collection for it, heh.

My workplace is havin a campaign for it when it comes out (think its next monday), they did one for Spiderman 2 this week and i think they are set to do King Arthur tomorrow.

Elessea
Gift Set!

the statue is so preety big grin

Bar-en-Danwedh
yeah... the gift set all the way...

but they should have made helmsdeep the model for the TT:EE GS.

so that all three models would be roughly to scale of each other...

Exabyte
By the way, for all those who want the gift set... HURRY no expression

In several online shops, it's already sold out messed

Grievous_90210
http://iesb.net/movies2/movie120304.php

go here and 3 awesome clips

Nazgul lord
cool

Nazgul lord
there great trailers but if you dont want to have the good bits given away dont watch them cause they go for about five minutes each and they give a lot away.

Reborn Again
Very kewl! But I thought Saraman... lived to be an old man until something else killed him?

Nazgul lord
HEY?????????? HAVE YOU NOT READ THE BOOKS????????????

ladygrim
i want to watch them..but i dnt ...wat to do

Discos
ooooohhh dude a hundred thank yous over and over......yes!!!

The Inkeeper
wtf? Why is gollum seen being excavated out of the lava and being put into a black mechanical suit to live?

ladygrim
hmm i dont know ...

shadowy_blue
LOL..laughing out loud

shifty

Fëanor
to read a book...or watch a movie???

let's see *thinks*

watch the movie...

Nazgul lord
???????? so i take it you havent read them either?

Discos
no no I would think someone of feanors reputation would have read the books. Please say you have feanor my man lol.

Again cheers duder for the clips,

is it me or does the saruman clip just seem...wrong, the host with gandalf seem a bit of, assholes really?

I would have never though aragorn would have gone nuts like that on the mouth of saurons ass

Grievous_90210
the mouth of sauron kicks arse

darktim1
I saw the first commercial today on tv and also saw some of the new scenes can't wait to buy the dvd.

AgentTwiggy
The EE.

But if the Gift Set includes the EE (as opposed to the TE), and if I had money to burn, I'd get the Gift Set. The Howard Shore stuff looks quite interesting (just for the music! Oh, the genius of the LotR score!) and I love the Minas Tirith model. I could sit it on my Warhammer landscape (if I had more money to burn, I'd have a Warhammer landscape) and fling big rocks at it to my heart's content. smile

Discos
just thought I would revive this thread and ask the question.....

....What did people actually buy? - Gift set or extended?

I myself got the extended.

Exabyte
Gift Set droolio

Discos
what was all in the gift set, if I may be so bluntmy lady wink

Mandos
The Howard Shore music CD, the EE RotK, a clay statue of Minas Thirith... I think that was it.

Discos
interesting.....meh I aint buying it, I cant be bothered with the lack ofmoney and having 3 versions of each film lol.

Mandos
laughing out loud
I don't have any EE mad

Discos
thats sad no

3 years and no savings to a purchase, or even a lend of a ee....grr

eezy45
yes

Discos
EE was quite cheaper than I expected this year. Most likely due to the prices of dvds dropping every year.

EE trilogy was greatly cheap, I bought one for a friend's xmas.

The only place I actually did see the Giftset was in HMV (which is indeed 45miles away from my house)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.