Hercules The Legendary Journeys(Kevin Sorbo) VS The Incredible Hulk(Lou Ferrigno)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
I liked very much Hercules tv series that was in tv few years ago.Almost every episode was a slugfest, Herc and Iolaus or Herc alone fought against mercenaries, monsters, soldiers, gods, demons.Very fun was when they arrived in some village and some drunk or simply bad guy disturbe the peoples, Herc say him to stop and the guy asks, who are you?I'm Hercules.Yess, and me it's Zeus.Then the guy try to hit Hercules but get throw through the roof or a wall with a punch or a catch move.Spectacular.And how to forget when Hercules fought with Zeus to save Xena's daughter, or when he fought with Thor, with Ares, Apollo, great battles.Also i remember he fought against the Apocalypse Knights.Kevin Sorbo do the job very good i think and all the cast was great.
On the other side we have Doctor Banner, that when some idiot commits the error to make him angry transform into The Incredible Hulk(Lou Ferrigno rocks) starts destroying pubs, restaurants, neighbourhoods.Lou Ferrigno rocks in this role.
Now the plot.
Doctor Banner build a time machine to send himself at the moment of the experiment that transform himself into Hulk, but an overload of energy cause a feedback that send him at Hercules time.Here he have to dress up like other peoples to avoid troubles.But when he arrived into Euboea, the village of Daedalus, that was a great inventor, hoping that he can help him returning to the future.But when he arrived in the inventor's house he fin some mercenaries that were trying to obbligate Daedalus into building high destruction ability weapons, the Doc sayed them to go away, and they sayed, and if we don't?
Guy, Dont' Make Me Angry.You wouldn't like me when i'm angry.The leader of the mercenaries hit with a blow Banner.
What?He's growing, move guys move!
In the next scene two guys are throwed through a wall and land into the city's square, then Hulk emerges from the half-destroyed house and starts to wipe the floor with the crew of 20 mercenaries.Hercules that was arrived in city to visit Daedalus, found this big green guy destroying the square, so he run at Hulk and the slugfest starts.
Who would win?

Linkalicious
Lue Farigno would beat the living sh!t out of Kevin Sorbo.

Hulk, would, and has....beat the living sh!t out of Hercules.

K3VIL
Link here we're talking about the chars from the tv series, and Herc on TV Series had show to be a match for the green goliath of tv series

wrathofachilles
Lou Ferrigno's Hulk was significantly weaker than the Incredible Hulk. As much as I liked the show, it wasn't very good lol. Not sure who would win the tv battle, as Hercules seemed to beat people he couldn't. Ares, Apollo, Thor, Zeus--all significantly more powerful than Herc, but he took them on anyway. It's a tough call.

K3VIL
Zeus was defeated cause Hercules catch the bone of a Titan and stuck it into his father chest.But after that he was getting wiped out.He was knockback from a thunder bolt coming from Zeus, then throw a column and a rock at Zeus, that just simply destroy them with some lightining bolts.Then Zeuse knockback again his son that stands up and use his best punch to hit the father that simply block them with his godly energy, then he put Herc KO with 1blow.And Zeus was using a low percentage of his powers.When Herc fought with Ares and Apollo, those were stalemates too, Ares gets alway defeat cause Herc possess more strenght and Ares underrate him and not use always his energy or fire bolts.When he fought with Apollo he was became a god so he was strong as he never been and Apollo was use to clean the ground.
Thor was defeat cause Loki had modify the Book of Fate to make the Ragnarok beginning, but i think that Herc can do the job with Thor of the TV Series.Thor in the tv show fought like a warrior but was a little too much berserk way, and Hercules was more focus on the battle.Also he separate Mjolnir from Thor that make him sufficiently powerless to be defeat.Anyway in the tv show Hulk shows great feats of strenght too.He lift cars, destroy small buildings, i think it may be a draw or Hercules just rend Hulk unconscius before he gets too strong for him.

wrathofachilles
I know he didn't really beat Zeus in a fight, but the entire concept of him being able to kill Zeus is ridiculous enough. There was no 'Rib of Kronos' in mythology. The writers always had Ares lose to either of the heroes *Herc or Xena* becaues he's too much of a smart ass, and he's afraid to unleash on Herc because Zeus will fry him, and he's got the hots for Xena, lol. As for Apollo, the writers know nothing of Apollo. He was not a surf's up dude god, he was the most powerful Olympian next to Zeus and regardless of Herc's god-status he would have knocked him around.

Hulk showed feats of strength that were possible to recreate on a limited budget tv show, lol. He never did anything impressive enough to warrant Hulk status. It usually took him awhile to destroy a building, rather than just shattering it with one blow. Plus he was too busy flexing and growling, lol. Oh what a bad show that we all loved back in the day ;_

chilled monkey
An interesting match. I'd say probably Hercules. He is strong enough to stand up to Hulk, and he would be able to outthink him.

I like the scenario you've come up with for how they could meet up. Have you considered writing it as a fanfic?

Krissy Von Doom
Huh? What about Poseidon and Hades, or any of the first generation Olympians?

Oh, and Kevin Sorbo would in rolling on floor laughing

wrathofachilles
Hades wasn't generally considered an Olympian. He spent all of his time in the Underworld. The other first generation gods weren't that powerful. Hera was nowhere near as powerful as she was in the tv show. As for Poseidon, different Greeks had different viewpoints. It was understood that a match between them would be quite interesting, but they avoided the question of which was more powerful. In Homer during the battle of the gods on Olympus, Apollo and Poseidon came to an understanding and chose not to do battle, probably a reflection of Homer not wanting to make a call about who would win. Much like many of the comic book matches of today, lol.

Havoc470
i grew up mostly with kevin sorbo, so im going with him, only to stay true to my old school television watching side

wrathofachilles
You grew up with Kevin Sorbo? He's only been on tv for like 10 years...

Mr_Famous
Im going with Kevin Sorbo.. coz the series rocked..I havent missed a single episode...Herc would think of some way to win just like he did in the episode in which an army had surrounded them in a castle

wrathofachilles
The series rocked for like two seasons, then the writing became atrociously bad, like in Xena. It just got so horrible...I still have nightmares about it....*shivers*

K3VIL
In Mythology Apollo was the strongest Olympian in terms of physical strenght except for Zeus, Hercules, and Poseidon.Hercules was a demigod but was totally the "God Of Strenght", it's his higher super power.From the strenght feats of the TV Series i can assume that Hercules was class 40, Apollo 35 but fights like a stupid, Ares was near Herc level and Zeus and Hera were above all their sons.They can tap into cosmic power so their strenght can be enhanced.
Probably Hercules strenght was real showed when he fought against Ares when Dahak was looking for him, and Hercules put Ares KO knocking up him sending him against the roof of the temple, and when they fought with Hercules in god-status level.Also when Hercules travel to the Netherworld and fought with The Sovereign, his bad counterpart, they near destroy the square of a village, but finally Herc do the job.And when they fought into the dimensional vortex it was a draw if i remember right.

wrathofachilles
I have no idea what his status was, they never said how much he was capable of lifting, but the Greeks didn't think of heroes the same way we do. There were no pocket dimensions with unlimited strength or power cosmics or anything, lol. Hercules was strong enough to shatter the side of a mountain, but they don't go into detail about what exactly that entailed. As for Apollo, his physical strength in mythology wasn't really discussed, it was just his overall powers that made him so impressive. Yeah he fought like an idiot in the show, as all the 'bad guys' did, but what really annoyed me was their portrayal of Apollo, who was a god of reason and the arts, not of surfboards and really bad tans. Gods it makes me so mad!!!

K3VIL
Probably they make Apollo apperaing like a God that like girls, have fun, using his flying board, and disturb mortals cause of his task, he had to bring the sun in the sky in mythology, so he was vain as someone that has to bring the sun in the sky, an important mada.ss and little smart god.

Krissy Von Doom
Well... if we talk strictly in terms of greek mythology, Herc lifted the Earth of Atlas' shoulders for a little bit, and those Titans are stronger than the Olympians

wrathofachilles
Ugh, I just hated that depiction of him. All the gods were vain, they're gods for crying out loud, lol! The valley-girl depiction of Aphrodite was annoying, but at least it was cute. I just can't get over the 'surf's up dude' Apollo. The bastards!

Yeah Hercules was definitely super-strong, but obviously the Greeks didn't measure things in terms of 'tons.' I always thought that myth was amusing. It was one of those later myths tacked on to Herc's legend, as Perseus turned Atlas to stone *mountain* long before Hercules was even born. The Titans were stronger in terms of physical size, but weaker in terms of power.

Krissy Von Doom
I'd say the Titans are stronger in terms of physical strength but weaker in terms of power

wrathofachilles
Well Atlas was the strongest by far, he's a special case. Most of the other Titans weren't all that special.

Krissy Von Doom
How about Kronos or Gaea?

wrathofachilles
Gaea wasn't a Titan, she was the Mother Earth, and Kronos was the most powerful Titan but there aren't any accounts of his physical strength.

Krissy Von Doom
Yes, I'm speaking generally though because there are "titans" who aren't actually Titans but are associated with them, such as, as you pointed out Gaea, also Ouranos (Cronos dad), Iapetos, Kreios, Phoebe etc...

wrathofachilles
Gaea and Ouranos were not Titans or 'Titans' though lol. They were associated with them because they were their parents. Iapetos, Kreios, and Phoebe were Titans. You use some of the Greek spellings too, very impressive...

KMC_Drifter
Hercules for the win

Muck101
Originally posted by K3VIL

Doctor Banner build a time machine to send himself at the moment of the experiment that transform himself into Hulk, but an overload of energy cause a feedback that send him at Hercules time.Here he have to dress up like other peoples to avoid troubles.But when he arrived into Euboea, the village of Daedalus, that was a great inventor, hoping that he can help him returning to the future.But when he arrived in the inventor's house he fin some mercenaries that were trying to obbligate Daedalus into building high destruction ability weapons, the Doc sayed them to go away, and they sayed, and if we don't?
Guy, Dont' Make Me Angry.You wouldn't like me when i'm angry.

You know its amazing.. there were so many gramatical errors in that post, I wanted to shoot myself halfway through reading the first paragraph or so. But when I got to the plot, I didn't care anymore!!! "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry". Love it!

SupremeMan
Tough one. They both have unbelievable abilty to take blunt damage but they are both vulnerable to cutting and impaling damage. They both have amazing strength feats. The Hulk smashed through brick walls and once forced his way through a pressurized door.

Hercules has thrown people over treetops and thrown things over mountain ranges.

If we go strictly by feats, their toughness is very close. Herc is a lot faster but the Hulk may have better strength feats. But Herc could hold his own and score far more hits and he's a far more skilled fighter and faster. Herc for the win.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
I have no idea what his status was, they never said how much he was capable of lifting, but the Greeks didn't think of heroes the same way we do. There were no pocket dimensions with unlimited strength or power cosmics or anything, lol. Hercules was strong enough to shatter the side of a mountain, but they don't go into detail about what exactly that entailed. As for Apollo, his physical strength in mythology wasn't really discussed, it was just his overall powers that made him so impressive. Yeah he fought like an idiot in the show, as all the 'bad guys' did, but what really annoyed me was their portrayal of Apollo, who was a god of reason and the arts, not of surfboards and really bad tans. Gods it makes me so mad!!!

The irony is that, on Xena, he was referred to as the god you went to to ask forgiveness and a god of healing while he was a surfer dude on Hercules.

Then again, remember the appearance of Odin on Hercules? Then remember when Odin appeared on Xena? Two totally different characters. No way to reconcile them as being the same character in the same continuity.

But the people making the show knew their mythology. They just changed it to fit their needs. I loved Herc season 5 when he started meeting all these other mythological characters like Gilgamesh and Thor though I hated that he could easily beat Thor when it should have been a draw.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
Gaea and Ouranos were not Titans or 'Titans' though lol. They were associated with them because they were their parents. Iapetos, Kreios, and Phoebe were Titans. You use some of the Greek spellings too, very impressive... Gaea and Ouranos were Titans

Southern_Rebel
Kevin Sorbo had the better strength feats. In one of the pilot movies...before the actual series began...Hercules had to return the eternal flame to Prometheus..in order to prevent mankind from freezing and starving to death. When Hercules retrieved the torch...and being severely weakened by the ring of fire itself, he still managed to toss the torch all the way back to Prometheus' palace....and that had to be many many miles..I way say atleast 75-100 miles.

In a series episode, Hercules threw one of Aphordite's apples into space...you could see the apple leaving earth's atmosphere. In the episode featuring a young Hercules and Apollo, Hercules was upset and threw a huge boulder..what looked to me like either into orbit...or to the other side of the planet.

His high feats were beyond what many Class 75 and some Class 100 Marvel characters were capable of. I never heard of Thing tossing anything into orbit...or Colossus, Doc Samson, Wonder Man....etc...

However, Herc had his share of low feats too. He should've mopped the floor with Eriks the Boxer in the pre-series movie..Hercules:IN the Underworld. Eriks was just a human..even though he was nearly 8 feet tall..he was still human..lol. Hercules had a tougher time with him than he did with many gods and monsters. A class 50 or 60 should punch through a peak human with peak durabilty..no matter the size..lol Then again, Hera may have enhanced Eriks the Boxer in some way.

The TV Hulk never performed as high of feats as Hercules had done in his show. On average, they both may be around the same level...but, I'd still give the nod to Hercules. In a fight, Hercules would take it...he's fought much more powerful guys than Hulk..and won. Hulk couldn't have defeated Dahak..but, Herc found a way. Herc found a way to stop the angel Michael at the end of Season 5...Hulk would've been screwed..lol

With Herc's strength..and his intelligence...Hulk couldn't win this.

MightyEInherjar
Lou FTW!!
U22q3khb4FA

SupremeMan
Yeah, I saw an interview where Kevin Sorbo himself complained about the lack of consistency. In one episode, a strong normal human required some effort for Herc to overpower just because it was a situation where the man could use both arms and Herc could use only one. Yet in another episode, he's tossing hundred ton boulders over the horizon. Or a normal human would stun him with a sucker punch but he could shrug off an avalanche of boulders. Sorbo said the inconsistency sometimes drove him crazy. But if we look at high end feats, Herc definitely wins.

Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Kevin Sorbo had the better strength feats. In one of the pilot movies...before the actual series began...Hercules had to return the eternal flame to Prometheus..in order to prevent mankind from freezing and starving to death. When Hercules retrieved the torch...and being severely weakened by the ring of fire itself, he still managed to toss the torch all the way back to Prometheus' palace....and that had to be many many miles..I way say atleast 75-100 miles.

In a series episode, Hercules threw one of Aphordite's apples into space...you could see the apple leaving earth's atmosphere. In the episode featuring a young Hercules and Apollo, Hercules was upset and threw a huge boulder..what looked to me like either into orbit...or to the other side of the planet.

His high feats were beyond what many Class 75 and some Class 100 Marvel characters were capable of. I never heard of Thing tossing anything into orbit...or Colossus, Doc Samson, Wonder Man....etc...

However, Herc had his share of low feats too. He should've mopped the floor with Eriks the Boxer in the pre-series movie..Hercules:IN the Underworld. Eriks was just a human..even though he was nearly 8 feet tall..he was still human..lol. Hercules had a tougher time with him than he did with many gods and monsters. A class 50 or 60 should punch through a peak human with peak durabilty..no matter the size..lol Then again, Hera may have enhanced Eriks the Boxer in some way.

The TV Hulk never performed as high of feats as Hercules had done in his show. On average, they both may be around the same level...but, I'd still give the nod to Hercules. In a fight, Hercules would take it...he's fought much more powerful guys than Hulk..and won. Hulk couldn't have defeated Dahak..but, Herc found a way. Herc found a way to stop the angel Michael at the end of Season 5...Hulk would've been screwed..lol

With Herc's strength..and his intelligence...Hulk couldn't win this.

ankur29
the tv series herc woudl win , the tv hulk was weak!!!

Super-garoto
E dificil fala quem ganha eu sempre fui fan de sorbo , mas dessa vez eu nao teria tanta certeza que ele ganharia , eu puderia dizer ki o combate resultaria num empate isso pq Hercules e meu heroi favorito , so ha um problema dos dois adversarios de forca descomunal a medida que Hulk fica com raiva ele fica mais forte enquanto Hercules esta sujeito a exaustao , se ele murrar Hulk vai ser o mesmo que ele lutasse com Anteus se todos lembram daquele gigante de rochas filho da terra que nutria a forcas da sua mae (Gaia ) enquanto Hercules nao descobriu seu ponto fraco no caso de anteus era deixa-lo fora do alcance da terra e no caso de Hulk seria deixalo fora de grandes emocoes , nao importava quantas vezes o semideus o jogasse no chao ele sempre erguia novamente mais forte que antes e como Anteus , Hercules deveria descobrir a fonte de forcas do Hulk e tira dele sua Fraqueza no que seria deixa-lo calmo e enquanto ele transformasse um humano normal aplicasse um golpe e lhedeixasse o inconsciente por tempo suficiente para que ele arruma-se as correntes de Hefestos ( capazes de preender um deus ) e aprisionar-se o gigante esmeralda ai queria ver se mesmo Hulk seria capaz de se livrar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.