Your very own Name

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
ok this is a thread i've been wanting to make for a while now....you basically explain what your name is ....why you picked it....what its meaning is....note. ur USERNAME on kmc NOT ur real namebig grin

ok i'll go first

Smodden-.........well every where i go....whether i need an e-mail or i'm signing up for something...i never could get a name without a bunch of numbers or somthing at the end of it....all my names were taken....josh,aragon, ect....i wanted a name i could just use...

so i made up one...
please note its pronounced

smow den
the o is long. as in english 'snow' NOT english 'trod den'

Schizo Freak
well mine is Schizo Freak cuz.... immm I love Gollum/Smeagol.......ummm yea thats it!!!!

shadowy_blue
shadowy_blue -

shadowy because I have some fixation with the word "shadow"..I don't know why..but I like that word a lot. big grin Even before I was obsessed with LOTR. big grin Then I became very happy when I discovered when the word "shadow" is always used in Tolkien's writing, and awesomely enough, they always have something to do with the "dark" side which is always cool. big grin "Shadowy" also means "hidden", "dark", or "mysterious"..something to that effect. big grin And I always admire mysterious people. big grin

blue because it's my favorite color!! big grin And I was so ecstatic when I knew that the ROTK EE DVD cover will be blue!! big grin Also one of the reasons why I love this forum so much!! The background is blue! laughing LOL..but it's not the only reason though, I'm enjoying myself here..big grin

Interesting topic, smod! big grin

Smodden
thank you s-b.

on another note my name took a while to evolve....i wanted it to start with 'S' because i always liked the way it sounded when you say it at the begining of a word...

Schizo Freak
i just remembered that my xanga name is lovable_schizo and that was aminly thinking about Smeagol and this one Schizo Freak is mainly about Gollum!! wow ummm yea i think that is why i chose this one......

Kitoky
Kitoky: I have no damn clue.

Pronounciation...

Kit - like a First Aid Kit or whatever.
O- "oh"
Ky- "key"

Bale?

samIam
ok... well samiam is cuz i love sam soo much and i was really in to the dr. suess poems heheh

shadowy_blue
Thank you for clarifying the pronunciation, smod. big grin

I always pronounce it as how it is spelled. smod-den...I didn't know it's supposed to be smow-den..big grin Cool..big grin

angelsflame265
um.. i don't really have a reason i just thought it sounded cool and the name i would use other wise (fireangel) was taken i think

A.D. Skinner
Well, as if I need to explain mine ! A.D. Skinner is a character from the X-Files played by Mitch Pileggi. Assistant Director Skinner is head of the X-Files as well as Mulder and Scully ! Woot !

SirIanRocks
I picked my name,SirIanRocks,because I like Sir Ian McKellen and I think that he is a great actor.

Smodden
ah welcome newcomer!

and great name....

and s-b yeah i thought ppl would pronounce my name the other way...glad i got it cleared up..big grin

LegolasLover411
Legolas and Lover...how hard is that? I just picked some misselaneous number too!

Kaleanae
Kaleanae, is Elvish eek! it means "Observer, watcher..."

Fëanor
Feanor - because his character struck me the most of all of Tolkien's character...and basically he's one obsessed little elf...

for those who aren't sure...it's pronounced like this:

FAY anor, not feenor or feeyanor or feyanor...and the end is 'OR' not 'ER'... stick out tongue

and it means 'Spirit of Fire'...if I remember correctly.

Bar-en-Danwedh
mine is from the silmarillion. it is the place of mim renamed to 'house of ransom'

I chose it because my name is Barend.

Fëanor
in olde english 'baren' translates to bear...fyi wink

LOTRLUVR
My username is pretty self explainitory....People call me that a lot....I should have picked a more Hobbitish name....Considering I am a complete Hobbit freak...lovePippin!love

Discos
erm, I chose Discos because it is my nickname at school, I used to have (many years ago) a screen name of "Civilisation", I have no idea why I chose Civilisation but i used it chatrooms and other various forums.

pip-foot
My name, Pip-foot

the PIP part for =pippin, cuz lots of the other Pippin names were taken smile adn i really dont know why i put the foot part in. I guess it just sounds good smile

Exa

Camellia
I've seen one like this before but I'll post again! smile

Camellia: first name of my hobbit name from the Hobbit Name Generator.

Simple as that! smile

Discos
awesome, I am called "Discos" due to the ever popular crisps(UK)/potatoe chips(US),

I used to buy several of these crisps a day at primary school and got the name, I stopped buying so much now as I dont have access to many

Camellia
I'd forgotten about those crisps!! oh, but they were YUMMY! big grin

Discos
indeed they were, there was a special edition pack with love-heart shaped crisps at round about valentines day, so I gave it to my girlfriend as a present

Discos - cause i actually forgot to get her anything decent

muse5
i have a thing for greek mythology, which would explain the muse, i was born in may, that's where the 5 came from

Elondra
According to LotR UK my elvish name is Elondra.I really like this name and this is why I use it everywheresmile

sauron
ahh your all thinking its because he like sauron but NO!!!

thats were your minds would fail and you would be wrong!!!!!

and all will fail !!!!

Sa (lad)
ur (urinate)
on

urinate on salad

^^ bet ya never thought of that one! ^^

Exa
LOL big grin big grin sick

sauron
*jumos in shock*

she speaks!! eek!

nazgűl-lord

Smodden
so discos is actually a chip?

and exa is a matrixish name....hmm glad u got the pro for me....i was sayin' it the other way...i didn't even now you were into the matrix!??! i need to check out that forum....big grin

on yet another not my name first started like:

Smoatten----the MOAT part sounded good to me but i didn't want the a in it...

the two 'T's eventually got replace with 'd's because i didn't like the way the 't's made it sound like the word 'Smote' and the d's sounded beter....and makes the word flow off the tongue beter than the sharp 't'

so now its SMODDEN

Orlando Bloom03
well......I luv Orlando Bloom and my lucky number is 3 soo.....

Orlando Bloom03

Exa
Yes, I LOVE the matrix, for some time I even liked the films better than LoTR... but that was before the somehow disappointing later parts. I love the details and unimportant little things in Matrix, the tons of time you can spend on it finding more and more of these details, finding out the meanings of the numbers and names and everything... however this is a lotr forum so Il rather stop talking like that about our concurrence stick out tongue
... I didnt really write that much there.

Smodden
ahh...ok yes i am fan of both too....but its hard to believe YOU could have liked matrix beter than lotr....nothing wrong with that .,..just a little surprising....big grin

aniron
Aniron- not sure how it's pronounced.
I chose it 'cos I play piano and love lotr music and I came across the "theme" for Aragorn and arwen, called Aniron.
I love arwen and aragorn as a couple so I chose their theme.

Exa
stick out tongue smile yes, I love detailed films... and Matrix is definitely one. And PCs also started to really fascinate me at that time... hence the byte-name smile

sauron
*gollum voice*

not listening, not listening

orlandoOYEA
well mine is OrlandoOYEA because whenever i see a pic of him im like "o yea" so thats it. It is so very complicated

sauron
she just wanted to be called orlando...but impulses took over.....and she typed in OYEA

orlandoOYEA
or that. lol

kokiril33t
Kokiril33t

kokiri- small, wood elves from the legend of zeldaembarrasmentcarina of time
l33t- hacker language used in games like counterstrike and tournament

BingaBonga
I have to go soon, just a warning

pipschick
Pip- well i'm a big Pippin fanatic big grin
added the s for pips
chick-because i'm female ( If you hadn't already guessed that) LOL wink
Ant there ya go Pipschick big grin

Smodden
so ur pipschick, but u have merry on ur sig and avatar?

laughing
j/k

Bar-en-Danwedh
well Barend is dutch for 'bear' or 'bear-like'

http://www.collecttolkien.com/images/5020.jpg

anaritearbina
Mine's actually spelled wrong, which was intentional (cough cough) But it typical of me. Poor dyslexic-dysgraphic person can't spell beens...bens...BEANS!
So, It really should be anaritearbrina which doesn't make anymore sense to you, but it really shouldn't. It's from a story (sister, "coughseriesofnovelscough"wink I wrote. yeah, and that's about it.

pipschick
I know, it's confusing isn't it, but i like Pippin the best in the films, but i like Dom the best in life big grin
That's why i chose my name as pipschick. smile

orliluvr4life
guess

Yeah....As the name implies....I love Orlando Bloom.
I also love all of the other members of the movie....literally all of them!!
I just think the elves are awesome!!! ( not to mention hotter)

Discos
take it to the "i love lando" or whatever thread

pip-foot
great, another fangirl stick out tongue

yes, there are many of your kind on the orli thread smile

azszhz
ummmm... my name makes no sence at all
i was bord on day when i was like 5 and desided to disect Ash and i don't know why i put Z's between all the letters but i did and for some reason i haven't stop using it

i'm trying to think of anouth name but for now this works so ok...

Discos
ok thats kinda spooky and now I shall go and hide under the covers for a few centuries....

lol, quite amusing though,

naamarie
my names Naamarie i chose it bacause i love the elves and galadriel and how their so graceful and Naamarie happons to be my fav elven word it means fair winds i also like elen sila llumen omentilmo which means a star shall shind on the hour of our meeting but that was too long so i stuck with Naamarie....

Exa

Thorondor
lol fair winds stick out tongue do we have gas problems do we Naamarie

lol j/k cool name really

naamarie
haha very funny thorondor lolstick out tongue

naamarie
maybe your right exa... u know more about this stuff then me..

eezy45
I invented my username when I was 11 years -
I palyed Need For Speed 3 and I needed a name. I liked Eezy.
The numer: ah well i wanted an email address with eezy and signed up @ hotmail.
they had 40 eezys and they proposed [email protected] (still have it!)

eezy45
than anyone stick out tongue

Thorondor
what you gonna do when you are 46 years old stick out tongue

Smodden
lol

Dark Lord Muhahaha!!!
j/k

MorgulLord
erm, well my name is basically The Witch King! I love him !

sauron
wouldny it be funny if i dfell beast oicked uits nose

Bloom4ever
ahh finally i understand what u guys were thinkin when u registered to kmc

can;t decide which name's better: tassie or Candice
candice's my real name

eezy45
A very nice name! I like it. Use Candice! big grin

lil_ms_nonblond
lol. uhmm... i'm lil_ms coz i'm only 5'5. lol. and nonblond coz i'm not blonde but i can come across as pretty dumb sometimes i wanted to have pixie coz tht's what my real name means... so yeah. lil_ms_nonblond. smile

Meant2be
I believe in things like fate and destiny. I also believe that some things are simply "meant to be". So I decided to use it as a name.

Bloom4ever
Candice??
evry1 i know prefers that buuuuutt

eezy45
Oh it sounds lovely wink
really

Smodden
i like

Maikahyandowen
mine's somthing or other in elvish. i'm pretty sure it's my name...

Exa
hm... maicahyandowen... wouldnt that mean something like sharpswordmaiden or Swordblademaid? where did you get that name from?

OrliNElijahsGrl
Well mine-OrliNElijahsGrl, is bascially..i love orlando and elijah, and grl is short for girl, so...OrliNElijahsGrl

does that make sense, i would love to switch and change it to my elven name, its such a beautiful elven name

Aldaron
Aldaron- Elves named Orome that, Aldaron means Lord of the Trees, I
It is also my RPG name in a Major LOTR RPG, one of my best friends gave it too me. Check Page 29 Paragraph 2. The Silmarillion, Valaquenta. smile

Thorondor
Whats the RPG aladron i started one of them with a friend but it flopped as his server closed lol

tassie
wooyyy i'm tassie now, no more bloom4ever yes

Orlando Bloom03
I luv Orlando and my lucky # is 3 so...

Orlando Bloom03!!!!!

muse5
my name in the elvish name generator is Linwe Minyatur, i think its very cool but didn't know it when i joined, if i went by a food that i buy in school everyday it would be... DIET COKE!!! all of my friends make fun of me for it, i've even been called gollum

FrodozBabe
well FrodozBabe because i just love Frodo lol either Frodo or Elijahwood or my name lol but im so obsesed with frodo adn Elijah Wood lol i talk bout "them" so much everyone hated "them" lol they love legolas and Orlando better erm ah theats their opinion lol smile im happy i saw E.W on TRL! lol big grin sry...my obsession getting the better of me erm

Smodden
i saw him too on trl!

but i prefer liv...stick out tongue

Storm
If you really would like to have your name changed then you can make your request here: Username Change Request Thread.

ladygrim
well my name is lady grim...beacause i'm a lady well i was last time i looked and my fav character in lotr is grima wormtongue so i shortened his name quite abit.nopity

telecontari
Telecontar is the name Arargorn, or King Elessar, chose to call his line. Everyone there after was known as the Telecontari. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Cynethryth
blink

It's Telcontar, not Telecontar...

The think with his people being called "Telcontari" is interesting smile where's that from? Never heard the variation with "-i" anywhere before, only Telcontar itself...

fini
lol, u tell em

uh didn't they have a thread like this before?????

well fini is the from the first two letters of my first and middle name
fi- from my middle name
ni- from my first name

telecontari
Your right, it is a strange name. But i have several websites and a couple of books that can back me up.

Cynethryth
It isn't strange; I just wondered where the name telEcontari came from as I only know the name Telcontari, without the second E;

the name TelEcontari I only found in some ff stories.

Discos
Discos

Dis-ko-s big grin

Meaning:- High and mighty, a future "power that be" in the KMC forums, mightier than sauron, smarter than shadowy/cyn, more noble than Feanor & Smodden. Other meanings, very funny and always a good laugh, someone everyone should love and send gifts to him regularly

Discos - that will be shifty

telecontari
Your right, it is strange. But I know I am right none the less.

Cynethryth
Hmm
Whence does this name telEcontar come then? Which book is it from?
Never heard it before, appears neither in the primary works nor in any volume of the HistoryofMiddleearth. There's Telcontar, Tarakil, Tarakon, Tarantar, but no Telecontar.

But I don't think this single letter is worth so much discussion

*holds up white flag* be it telecontar then.

Agent Elrond

Cynethryth

Agent Elrond
Any idea what this means:
Sidh-ceredir

I believe it means peace-maker. Is there any better way to combine the two words?

Thorondor
not been here before stick out tongue what's this about

*skips all the other pages*

Cynethryth

Cynethryth
It's about... names?

Thorondor
well i have 3 and they suit me fine stick out tongue

Agent Elrond
loks like I stummped the Almighty Exa. I think I'll try to find a better name, maybe with "el" star

telecontari
Cynethryth...freinds?

Cynethryth
laughing out loud

El is good yes yes

happy Friends happy

Agent Elrond
maybe elrog
the demon star

Cynethryth

Discos
its about explaining why you chose your screename, as in why did you chose Thorondor stick out tongue

explain like so...

Discos

Dis-ko-s :d

Meaning:- High and mighty, a future "power that be" in the KMC forums, mightier than sauron, smarter than shadowy/cyn, more noble than Feanor & Smodden. Other meanings, very funny and always a good laugh, someone everyone should love and send gifts to him regularly

Discos - that will be all shifty

BlackRose87
My SN name was after a poem i wrote called 'Black Rose', the poem was a kinda dark poem, and i guess i can be dark at times, i would share the poem with you, but i cnt find a copy of it, and it aint on my webby *cries BIG time* so thats why im called Black Rose really... and plus i like Black and i love Roses lol smile

Discos
you wrote a poem eek! excellent, I wrote a poem for a valentines guft once, it turned out more like me ordering something from Burger king roll eyes (sarcastic)

I take it the "87" was the year you were born?

BlackRose87
Oh aye i didn't say that *coughs*

The 87 on the end of my SN stands for the yr i was born... and is a kewl number, for some odd reason...

*thx you Discos lol*

Anyways... aye i write a lot of poems, i enjoy writing mini stories too... i am determined to find that poem and wont stop tell i do... or i'll have to re write it lol messed
But... Burger King food is nice big grin lol

Discos
aye?

you say that in a very scottish sense,

are ye fae the bonnie scotland?

BlackRose87
Na... i just like it... i have some scottish blood in me, that could be why lol... basically, im a random person... so anything is possible... *shuts up now*

Discos
I am from Scotland yes

so where are you from, cause we know you dont live in Lorien stick out tongue

BlackRose87
Darn... how did ya work that one out... i mean... of course i live in Lorien... its a kewl place to live... *cough* UK *cough*

Discos
so England then roll eyes (sarcastic)

BlackRose87
yep yup... england indeed... anyway im gonna go to bed now and save you and others of my randomosity... speak soon... bye! smile

Discos
Catch Ya L8r....Bud

Discos - PS: Nice Name

Bagtatta
Smodden my name is made the same way yours was.

I could never get a name I wanted to on programs/websites that require a sign in name and PW, so I just made up a word.

The word has no significance, or anything. I just typed it in randomly, and it will from now on forever be used.

Discos
great,

lol the reasons behind all these names are quite cool, I used to be called "Civilisation" in chatrooms stick out tongue

§pearhead

<<Solo>>
Solo....Well...Not hard really...

Solo- Unaccompanied; alone.

ladygrim
mines ladygrim because if i use my old name rainbow86 i get confused for a boy ...so that is why i chose lady and grim is because of my fav character in lotr grima wormtongue...and i like anything dark and spooky

SeptemberRain
I always thought September would be a cool name to have and Rain because i like the rain and it has to do with the show Wolf's Rain.

ladygrim
cool

Melani
well uhh myy name is my real name haha
MEL - as in Melon
ANI - like "a knee"

hahaha

starshine
My name starshine is a Gorillaz song and I'm a Gorillaz fan...simple

ladygrim
i like ur avatar... cool

Discos
good name yes, gorrilaz had some great songs...what are they up to nowdays?

ladygrim
rather

TheFreedom
I had just finished playing "Freedom Fighters"...

ladygrim
lol

Discos
^^ laughing out loud

nice....yes

xmen fan
well i took a name quiz and it said i am an elf and my name is,cleera

xmen fan
why couldn't it be Lady Legolas?

Sauron
which inspired you to become xmen fan stick out tongue laughing well done big grin

wanted to be different
so picked the bad guy

telecontari
Clint Eastwood is a good song don't you think?

xmen fan
no i named myself Xmen Fan but thats before i ever saw him,he's like my king!how do i change my name on here anyway???????

Cynethryth
Why i took Cynethryth? Because Exa was boring smile and I do not really like the letter "x" - y, th and c are better yes

Fëanor
i took Feanor because...hmmm...let me think...because i wanted to be different???

Discos
why no the Exy then?

Discos - or the same sounding "X-Y"

Cynethryth
laughing out loud

Because Exy sounds... weird... and has again x in it wink

I'd have taken Luinil... if it wouldnt have this weird "ui"-sound in it sick or Nienor... if it wouldnt be so impersonal

Discos
as your avy indicated....blah blah blah

Discos - up to his old tricks shifty

Melani
its a amazing song HEHE anyone like The Offspring??

Cynethryth
Id ask eezy stick out tongue

BloomBabyGirl
Bloom Baby Girl

self explanitory

Róisín

Fëanor
Ah well yah look at that, tis me bonnie lass.... stick out tongue

i think you're name is cool... wink

Róisín
Lol big grin
Aw thanx Feanor stick out tongue

.x.Fee.x.
.x.Fee.x.
wot a boring name..shortened version of Fiona lol(which is my reel name incase u didnt know)
so yer im boring stick out tongue
n i jus like the whole .x. thing big grin

Elessea
my name was Pip-foot, but now I am Elessea. It is the island from lost tales (actually it was eressea, but i changed it stick out tongue) And i just like it. But, i will probably change back to Pip-foot soon enough stick out tongue and that is a combo of my two fav characters from two books. Pippin and Padfoot smile and i am being boring so i will stop now.

Agent Elrond
Exa, need your help
I'coming up with a new title to be called 'demon hunter'
faron-hunter
raug-demon

Now all I need to do is combine them. Would it be raugfaron, or is there some letter change involved with it.

Exa

AlexRyder
AlexRyder=

Kid spy in the Alex Rider series, I just like 'Y' better than "i"

Don't know why...hey, that's a rhyme!

may be changin it to something different soon...stick out tongue shifty

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>