Has anybody been to Costa Rica?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Barf Heaven
I'm going there over spring break, and I'm looking forward to it, but my mom is like... Really, really nervous about it. My teacher said we had to get malaria and typhoid vaccines and the doctor gave us all this stuff about how dangerous it is there... I seriously doubt it's actually as bad as they make it out to be. Anyways, has anybody been there who can tell me about there experience--how dangerous it actually is, what to look out for, etc.

HockeyHorror
great place

i've read somewhere that they are only country that doesn't have a military of any sort.

WindDancer
I visited Costa Rica 7 years ago. I stay in San Jose for 3 days and I really like it. Everything is cheap to buy, merchants love to bargain, and the atmosphere is pretty peaceful. Make sure you carry plenty of Colones when you visit. My advise stay in the tourist areas don't venture into smaller cities, (I'm not saying anything negative) unless you have a guide with you then go for it!

Enjoy the beaches and have a good time smile

§pearhead
I've never been, but it looks beautiful.

Kaleanae
I lived in Central America for 14 years... I never got anything like that no expression

WindDancer
I live in San Salvador for 5 years, and never got anything like that either big grin

Kaleanae
I lived in there for 14 years eek!

WindDancer
I just love San Salvador big grin

Unfortunally my family and I left in 1984 sad

Kaleanae
why?

WindDancer
Political problems for my dad sad

Kaleanae
Ooooh, I had to liv there during those times, I remeber a lot of things even though I was so small

WindDancer
I know Kaleanae is not easy to remenber those hard times. sad

But everything looks positive nowadays! Hopefully everything will get back to normal one day. I'm keeping high hopes.

Kaleanae
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.