Favourate childrens books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
What were your favourate childrens books when you were younger??

theReject
When I was really young and just started reading, I like Charlotte's Web.
After I read that, I got my mom to take me to my first book store.
big grin Good Times

EOWYN3
The Witch of Blackbird Pond; Judy Blume books; Sweet Valley Twins; Charlott's Web; Little House on the Prairie series..

eleveninches
I remember when I was about 4 or 5, i used to buy loads of the Thomas the tank engine books, and all of the mr.men books.

Baylin
The Pit Dragons by Jane Yolen or anything by Monica Hughes.

Mr Zero
The Moomins.

BadKitty
Maurice Sendak books were my favorite when I was a little thing.

the most memorable for me is Where the Wild Things Are ; In the Night Kitchen ; and Chicken Soup with Rice.

BlackC@t
'Where Dragons Dance' was SUCH a good book. Even though it's for younger kids. It's one of my favourites to this day.

baracustastic
The Famous Five
White Fang
Shadow the Sheepdog
Hardy Boys

big gay kirk
one of my favourites was a book about these people on another planet, where a computer is in charge and uses these fruits off some tree encased in spiky suits to shepherd the people on the surface.. theres also a pack of highly intelligent dogs running around with a man they adopted as a child (imaginatively called Mandog...) and some folks in a domed city.... the comp realises somethings going wronga nd tries to use a boy from outside to put it right... can't remember what its called or who its by, but if anyone knows I'll be very grateful....

Jackie Malfoy
I had a few.

I liked "The Berstein Bears"

"Little Noddy"

"The Babysiter's Club"

"Goosebumps"

and I think that was it .JM

Lord Soth
I loved Goosebumps

Dazzler619
The Rainbow Fish
Goosebumps
The Last Unicorn
Fox's Dreams
The Ugly Duckling
Sarah, Plain, And Tall

Assassin Q
When I was really young , I must have demanded my mother read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to me a million times. But I liked:
.:: The Hobbit
.:: The Witch of Blackbird Pond
.:: The Goosebumps series

Gregory
Susan Cooper's "Dark Is Rising" series.

Blasphemic_Lain
I liked...The Rats of Nimh? I believe that's what is was called. The Amelia Bedilia books were fun. Another...What Would You Do If An Elephant Sneezed?...:: Sighs:: The good old days of Berenstein Bears and Fear Street....

big gay kirk
I was also a big fan of the Griffin Pirate Stories, Narnia, and the Hobbit.... also Douglas Hill's Last legionary books, and Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles, which I'm currently reading to my son at bedtimes....

vaya_the_elf
My favorites are The last unicorn.
The celery that stalks midnight.
The phatom toll booth.
Call of the wild.
Great Expections.
The little princess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.