Alucard Arucard debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NeoNemesis
To put an end to the Alucard vs Arucard debate. I just put 2 and 2 together and came to the realization that the reason that Alucard sounds like Arucard in the Japanese version of Hellsing is because in Japanese, L's sound more like R's then L's. When you think about it, Alucard makes alot more sense because Alucard spelt backwards is Dracula, and it's implied that he is Dracula.

I'd give you the link but I can't post it, but if you do a google search for "japanese r and l" it should be at the top of the list.

Gregory
There was a debate about this?

Some people have too much free time.

SaTsuJiN
lmao... ok whats the point of stating the obvious, not to mention you could say it either way.. there doesnt have to a universal way of everything. Alucard or Arukaado is perfectly fine

NeoNemesis
Its just that it always bugged me that every different episode i watched (subed by different people) had a different spelling for the name.

Gregory
We're talking about Hellsing, right? I ask because Alucard seems to be a popular vampire name; it's used in to anime shows I know of, and one video game series.

NeoNemesis
Ya, I'm refering to Hellsing, I just finished watching the series. All and all I found it to be a pretty good series, I hope they continue it. Still nothing even comes close to Berserk.

VampireKitsune
Who particularly cares about the pronounciation of his name????
He's HOTT nonetheless, lol. It's also rumored that Alucard (or Aruukaardo, whatever you want) is supposedly the former prince of Wallachia, Vlad Dracul IV. In the last episode, after the sexy demon has performed his finishing move on Incognito, lightning flashes and he is shown with thicker hair and a fa~reaky moustache. If you take that frame and lighten it on your computer, it clearly looks exactly like those old paintings of Vlad the Impaler. Just something I learned on a rainy day, hee.

moises
hey..........................sup

moises

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.