Marvel/Avengers vs DC/JLA (The Next Battle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt.JK
Many comic fans have been upset and unhappy with Marvel and DC's past attempts at "crossover battle royals", so I thought I would present some of the better match-ups and see who everyone thinks would win.

2 Rules:
Rule #1) No blatant "fanboyism"; back up your choices with intelligent arguments.
Rule #2) "NO BLATANT FANBOYISM!"

Here's the line-up:
Strategist/Team Leader: Captain America vs Bat Man
Heavyweight: Thor vs Superman
Fem-Fighter: She Hulk vs Wonder Woman
Speedster: Quicksilver vs Flash
Technogeek: Iron-Man vs Steel
Winged Combatants: Archangel vs Hawk Man
Waterboy: Namor vs Aqua Man
Fire Fight: Human Torch vs Firestorm
Wild Card Battle: Wolverine vs Dead Man

Who would win, and why?
(Remember, this is a TEAM battle)

Capt.JK
I'll go ahead and add this:

Both teams have been "zapped" to a giant stage, with no advance warning or knowledge of who the other team is or their abilities, only that they must fight each other. And win.

Havoc470
hmmm, sounds like fun......and mayhem

crazyspinz
as far as straegy goes marvel takes it, and thor would beat supes via magic, ironman owns steel, namor is way better than aqua man in every way
nuff said

Krissy Von Doom
Although, Wonderwoman and Flash would be able to beat their counterparts in about two seconds, leaving them free to help their team mates

Havoc470
i think thats true about flash, but i dont agree with wonderwoman beating she-hulk in seconds

Krissy Von Doom
"Realistically" Wonderwoman is almost as fast as Superman so for every one punch that She Hulk lands, Wonderwoman would pummel her about a fifty times, at least.

crazyspinz
hahaha u said realisticly and wonderwoman in the same sentance, this makes me laugh

joeboro1
1. Strategist/Team Leader: Captain America vs Bat Man=Cap
2. Heavyweight: Thor vs Superman=Supes
3. Fem-Fighter: She Hulk vs Wonder Woman=WW
4. Speedster: Quicksilver vs Flash=Flash
5. Technogeek: Iron-Man vs Steel=iron-man
6. Winged Combatants: Archangel vs Hawk Man=hawk man
7. Waterboy: Namor vs Aqua Man=draw
8. Fire Fight: Human Torch vs Firestorm=firestorm
9. Wild Card Battle: Wolverine vs Dead Man=wolverine
WHY
1.caps got powers and his shield can take any damage from bats gadgets.
2.supes edges him out by a little in every way powers wise; magic ain't a big problem for him to over come.
3.wonder woman got more to work with in battle.
4.flash is 1000 times faster.
5.iron man got weapons up the wazoo, more sensors and more shielding plus he's been at it longer than any tech guy.
6.hawk mans got that horus glove and wacko mace. Angel's got a bit more speed but that ain't enough.
7.Two wusses playing in the pool who cares.
8.fire storm can change the molecular structure of atoms due to his power his fire burns higher.
9.wolvie would dice up every dead man body he threw at him.
JLA wins

crazyspinz
so so so wrong

crazyspinz
first of all, cap has no powers, but in a fight he would win
thor uses magic, supes is weak against magic, thor wins
archangel would destroy hawkman, his sword is better than hawkmans mace, and he has a healing factor as good as logans
and never ever ever refer to namor as a wuss. he is like class 100+ and can kick most superheroes asses handily

supremthor
how the hell angelable to defeat hawkman. hawk got some weapons that can take out thor,superman and ETC. shite he even knocked out superman with one of his gloves. aquman has a 50/50 chance t beating namor reasoning A.his new lift hand gives him a super fast healing factor.B. it gives homthe power to control water, in otherwords he can make water do what ever he wants.C. the most important of all he

supremthor
HE CONTROLS SEA LIFE YA NAMOR IS A WHOL LOT STRONGER BUT HE CANT DEFEAT ALL THE OCEANS CREATURES AT ONCE

Capt.JK
Anyway you look at it, that's funny right there.
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

crazyspinz
he doesnt "control" them, he comunicates with them and tells them to do things. and last time i checked not all of the oceans see life is in the same place at the same time, namor would just grab aqua man, and fly into the air, and hold him in a submission until he dies because aqua man needs water to live, namor doesnt

supremthor
where did you get that idea aquman will die if his out of water. gets some facts first of namor and aquman lose strength when they are out of water for a long time. namor loses strength faster then aquman out of water.another thing ifaquman can control water he can probale control the water in namors body

eleveninches
If they were to fight, each team member wouldnt seek out their equal, they would fight the person who they had an advantage over

Havoc470
thats true, but cap. JK put it this way so its gotta go

i dont know much about JLA characters, but i've never seen wonderwoman go as fast as supes in a fight, and theres been so many dead hawk characters in dc i dont even know who's who anymore

this really cant be debated in a team fight, its too big, because with people like ironman and wolvie free they could go on and take out other characters same goes for the dc guys

and i've noticed any character dc finds with a small flaw, are immediately turned godly with some sort of glove or something

KharmaDog
Captain America vs Bat Man = Caps, better fighting skills, stronger, faster, more experience and the nifty shield puts him over the top

Heavyweight: Thor vs Superman = Thor, close battle, but the magic that thor possesses does in supes

Fem-Fighter: She Hulk vs Wonder Woman = WW, Wonderwoman is just too much in every way for she hulk, this is actually a bit of a mismatch in her favour

Speedster: Quicksilver vs Flash = Flash own Pietro. He's way faster and a better fighter

Technogeek: Iron-Man vs Steel = Iron man, this one barley gets started, Steel is way outclassed in fighting ability, technology and experience.

Winged Combatants: Archangel vs Hawk Man = Hawkman takes out AA with little difiuculty. I think many people dismiss what a bad-ass Hawkman is.

Waterboy: Namor vs Aqua Man = Namor's got the strength, Aquaman has the ability to control sea life and that water hand deal now. Too close to call, we'll get back to this later.

Fire Fight: Human Torch vs Firestorm = Firestorm edges this one out.

Wild Card Battle: Wolverine vs Dead Man = wolvie slices and dices and puts away the Dead Man

So now we are left with

Avengers JLA
Captain America Wonder Woman
Thor Flash
Iron-Man Hawkman
Wolverine Firestorm

With Namor and Aquaman still duking it out.

I figure thor goes after Wonder Woman, and since she has no susceptability to magic, this goes a while.

Cap's is smart enough to neutralize Flash's speed, I wouldn't know how he'd do it. But I got faith in him.

Hawkman and Ironman duke it out with Hawkman finally winning, I think this would come down to hand to nhand and I give the edge to Hawks here.

Firestorm chases wolvie arond but can't catch the crafty canuck, and wolvie puts up a good fight but ends up becoming a pile of ashes.

so now we have

Thor scrapping with Wonder Woman With Hawkman joining the fray

Firestorm vs Caps

and the two wet dudes still killing time

Hawkman turns the tide in the fight against thor and the mighty asgardian goes down.

Wonder Woman, Hawkman and Firestorm then turns on the Cap, and no one is that good. Caps tries hard but is put out quick.

Finally the 3 justice leaguers join Aquaman and finish off this stalemate between Aquaman and Namor.

So (in my scenario) JLA wins, which sucks cause I'm more of a Marvel guy, but DC characters on the whole are written way too strong. Of course this could all be crap, so I guess it doesn't really matter what I think. smile

wrathofachilles
Namor is only class 100 in the water, and while this battle will of course take place in the water, I just always like to remind everyone that outside it he's incredibly weak. And how is Hawkman going to turn the tide against Thor? I don't know much about him, what are his powers besides flight?

Capt.JK
Actually, I said remember this is a team battle. I just listed them this way so that everyone could see how I tried to give each team an equal footing. After the initial contact, I think the 2 team leaders (Cap and the Bats) would probably assess the situation and break the members off against those who each had an advantage over. How do you see the scenarios playing out now?

wrathofachilles
How the hell is Bats the team leader? Superman has always led the JLA and, well, he's SUPERman, Batman is just BATman. Super men are always better than bat men.

Bardock42
Bats can kick Supes ass everyday, but except for that it is true that Superman is Team Leader (even though Batsy would be a lot better)
He is the strategist in the team though, I think that is what Cap JK wanted to say with that.

Capt.JK
Correct. I put Bat Man as team leader only because his tactical skills are so far beyond Superman's that it's not even a contest. I placed him there for his ability to strategically size up a battlefield.

wrathofachilles
Lol, yeah ok. Batman can kick Supes ass everyday. And then he wakes up and realizes there's no way in hell that can ever happen. And don't bring the kryptonite issue, Lois can kick his ass with that. Of course she probably does it even without it, women have that uncanny power.

supremthor
And how is Hawkman going to turn the tide against Thor? I don't know much about him, what are his powers besides flight?

hawman has spiderman strength level so thor kills him in strength. hawkman is not weak to magic at all but the thing that makes hawkman a killa is his weapons. He has this glove that uses the earths strenth at you. he was able to knock out superman ith one punch. the gloves hits u like a planet that at least what he said when he knocked out superman

Bardock42
Yeah I am sorry of course Batman can't kick his ass everyday but he is still much cooler and that would beat superman (Fanvote and everything)

wrathofachilles
Superman is much cooler to me. Batman is overrated.

Hawkman's punch is equal to a planet's power? How the hell did that happen and why would he even have to break a sweat when he fights? If he can knock out Superman in one punch he should be able to defeat anybody. Was that only during one storyline or something, because that kind of power is a bit over the top.

supremthor
HAWK NEVER HADTHAT KING OF STRENGTH it was weapon of his. A glove

Capt.JK
He used the glove when he and Captain Marvel went after Superman and Bat Man.

supremthor
new aquaman http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=4286&mode=search

wrathofachilles
Well if his glove has that kind of strength, then he has access to that kind of strength. Why doesn't he use it all the time?

supremthor
ask DC

wrathofachilles
I will!

*calls DC*

Ring, ring, ring.

Nobody's answering...I wonder if they're screening me.

supremthor
In a very sexy voic"hello this DC what can I do for you" evil face shifty whistle

Capt.JK
Great. I'm picturing some big blonde guy on the DC end of the line talking in his best tranny voice. Ugghh... blink no sick

Paola
laughing out loud

K3VIL
Thor defeat Superman after the fight of his life, finally hitting Supes with Mjolnir charged by a full force GodForce blast.Cap defeats Batman with after a great fight.Wonder Woman defeat She-Hulk quite easy.Angel is my favorite between him and Hawkman but Hawk's strenght can grant him to do the job.Quicksilver goes KO before he can say where did the Flash go?

Aquaman VS Namor?Namor is Class 100 in water, and class 80 out of water, Aquaman is Class 60, so bye bye King of The Sea.Namor also can fly and is faster of Aquaman.

Iron Man VS Steel?Steel is cool and smart but Iron's armor possess more weapons and tricks to use on Steel's armor, also Iron Man is Class 80 and Steel is class 20 or 30.

Wolverine can defeat Dead Man with no much problems so

Avengers alive

Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, Namor

JLAers alive

Wonder Woman, Flash, Hawkman, Firestorm

I think that the situation is difficult now.

Cap have to fight Hawkman

Thor, hurt after the fight with Supes VS Wonder Woman that had defeat SH with not much problems, probably Mjolnir and Thor's GodBlast can grant him the victory again but after that fight he probably go unconscius

Iron Man and Namor can use the advantage of fly to defeat Firestorm, but probably the fire man wipe out Stark destroying his armor, and Namor will try to hit him with his superstrenght but finally the advantage of using fire and atoms manipulation can grants him the victory.
At the same time Thor had finally put down Wonder Woman, and Flash...but where was Flash?He was put down by sonic device of Iron Man's armor when he try to help Firestorm in the fight, but not before he knockdown Cap.

There are only 2 combatants on the ground now.

Thor and Firestorm

I give this to Thor, he can absorb the energies that Firestorm fire at him, and Mjolnir cannot be manipulated it's not a normal object, so Thor, tired of that fight, teleport himself in front of FS and defeat him with a strong punch on the face.

Tron
Dude, Firestorm can fly too.

Bardock42
Didn't you say Thor wouldn't be able to stand surely not to fight after the fight with Superman and then with WonderWoman, how can an unconcious Thor defeat Firestorm explain that to me.

K3VIL
Was forgetting it

I wrot e he probably go uncoscius, do you read?PROBABLY.It means that he can stay and fight after defeating WW cause he possess stamina, durability and resistance to injury over her level.And in my plot it wouldn't be a crap fight like that of AVENGERS VS JLA where Thor didn't use Mjolnir to absorb heat vision from Supes, so he wouldn't be too much weakned.

Havoc470
maybe not everyday, but i think hush pretty much explained it perfectly, giving justice to both characters abilities, sure he used kryptonite, but supes gave him the kryptonite for that reason alone, why not someone stronger than batman? because batman would always know what to do with it in a dilemma

Bardock42
I agree JLA vs Avengers had rather Stupid fights
and
Hush was pretty nice but it was sad that Batman had to say "Superman could easily kill me, he just holds back" and "one more hit and my hand breaks" that somehow makes the fight stupid.

wrathofachilles
That doesn't mean Batman can defeat Superman. He can't. Plain and simple. Superman gave him the kryptonite in case something happened to Supes and he went berserk, knowing that Batman and most others would stand no chance against him. Again, ANYONE with kryptonite can defeat Superman. Gene Hackman defeated Superman with kryptonite. Batman cannot beat him in a fight.

As for the fight, I like the K3 scenario except for Wolverine: not going to happen. As for Thor, he could beat Superman and Wonder Woman separately, but if they team up together he's going down.

Capt.JK
I threw the Wolverine vs Deadman fight in there, because Wolverine is a killer, but how can you kill someone who's already dead and can possess the bodies of other people? No one has addressed this in the thread yet.

Havoc470
thats my point, theres a reason why he gave the all powerful kryptonite to the "human" batman and not to someone like wonder woman or flash, my point is theres a reason why he entrusted the only thing that could weaken him to batman and not someone superior to batman in strength, speed, or endurance

anyway, i havent stated any arguements dealing with this battle, its too many characters and too much concept arises, not to mention i dont know much about dc characters lol

Bardock42
CapJK is right I don't see how Wolverine should be able to Harm Deadman, I mean he can't even touch him (or see him for that matter) on the other hand Deadman can't really do anything against him, well maybe he could use wolverine to help the DC heroes and then kill him with his own claws (if somehw possible I have bno clue how you can kill Wolverine but if theres a way probably Deadman in Wolverines Body can do it.

Oh and for the Superma thing of course Batman can't beat Superman in a one on one fight without his gadgets but the point is, Batman has Kryptonite so why shouldn't he use it (and I wouldn't be to sure that anyone can Beat SM with Kryptonite, it seemed to be a hard fight for Batman in Hush), So you are surely right Superman vs. BAtman in a Boxing fight could only have one clear winner.

Batman (HAR HAR HAR)

saurabh kanhere
DC wins in majority.

relentless1
addressing it one by one first:

Stalemate; both are pretty equal where it counts in a fight

Superman, speed and strength advantage puts Thor down.

Wonder Woman is a much better fighter and has weapons to boot.

Flash has been proven better than Quicksilver on a few occasions, his attachment to the speed for give him a huge advantage here.

Steel is a poor mans Iron Man

Hawkman has better weaponry and is much stronger.

Namor is stronger and meaner.

Johnnys got nova blast

Stalemate, neither can really do anything to the other.

so we have 4 for DC, 3 for Marvel and 2 stalemates in 1 v1 encounters which is what it would boil down to, as for team battle, Batman is a superb strategist and has been shown to lead his team to victory on numerous occasions, but then again so had Cap, I'm going to lean towards the JLA for the win as they are just that much more powerful than the Marvel team, each member of team Marvel down means another guy will get ganged up on.

PS: totally forgot about Dead mans ability to possess people, that makes it almost a landslide for DC as Dead would just possess Thor and wreck the Avengers team from within, and before any of you say that he couldn't due to Thors magic...if youre right he'd just move onto Namor or even possess Wolverine, the guy he's supposed to fight. Either way he turns an Avenger making the odds even more in JLAs favour.

saurabh kanhere

Batman, he is just better...watch deathbattle .

Superman, speed and strength advantage puts Thor down.

Wonder Woman is a much better fighter and has weapons to boot.

Flash has been proven better than Quicksilver on a few occasions, his attachment to the speed for give him a huge advantage here.

Steel is a poor mans Iron Man

Hawkman has better weaponry and is much stronger.

Namor is stronger and meaner.

Johnnys got nova blast

Stalemate, neither can really do anything to the other.

so we have 5 for DC, 3 for Marvel and 1 stalemates in 1 v1 encounters smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.