Most hated bands ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Which bands do you like the LEAST?

Df02
The Darkness
Slipknot
Franz Ferdinand

Sun Ce
hmm no clue lol, i only know bands i like no expression

eleveninches
Spice Girls
Take That
Boyzone
Bros
Hansons

baracustastic
the feckin' strokes
the wings (the Beatles were bad enough, but christ, was there any need for this?!)
ANY "nu metal" band

Samurai Guy
Nu Metal is garbage.

There are a lot of crappy bands out there. Those stupid one hit wonders, sell-outs and such. Like Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Nickleback, Saliva...

I could go on forever, baby.

slasherpunk18
All the poser and sellout bands:

GC
Simple Plan

And you can go on.....
You know who i'm talkin about,all that teeny bopper garbage.
I can't stand it!

Sex Pistol
New found glory
Good charlotte
Beastie Boys
The Rasmus
and more i'll post later.

Silver Stardust
All the pop-punk garbage like GC and NFG...

Deathblow
With the exception of Deftones, Sevendust, Soulfly & System Of A Down.

My 5 most hated bands would undoubtedly be

Slipknot
Insane Clown Posse
Murderdolls
Marilyn Manson
Blink 182

finti
Scorpions
Return
Aqua
Marilyn Manson
Korn
All the pop artist of today, they all suck

eleveninches
any gay ***-ass boybands or pop bands sick

Deathblow
yep, e.g. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit & Puddle Of Mudd.

ClaraG
Westlife and McFly.

Bierbommetje
I dislike about 90% of the bands on MTV today.

Don't really hate any bands.

SlipknoT
GC
Simple Plan
NFG
Poison
Coldplay
Marilyn Manson
Chingy
50 cent
Avril Lavigne

<<Solo>>
I'll agree with that list.

SlipknoT
How can you hate Slipknot and the Darkness?

Df02
quite easily....i dont rate Slipknot at all, theyre overhyped and undertalented
and the darkness....well, theyre pretentious twats who try and revive a dead music scene with a lead singer with an irritating voice, who tried to steal Bono's part in Band Aid....granted Bono's part was shit, but its his part, and its for charity so why make such a big deal out of it?

all in all, The Darkness are arrogant, pretentious bastards.... and Slipknot are a 9man circus with crapper music

pylons4braco
any band that puts "christian" amd "rock" in the same sentence... and franz, I hate them... "oh but they are retro!!!", so is child slavery, and we get by without too much of that...

Deathblow
Yeah true that. They even out-rank Kiss and ICP on the overplayed gimmick chart.

What really pisses me off is that there are a couple of pretty talented guys performing in that circus. If Corey & the others quit Slipknot and concentrated on Stone Sour I reckon that could be a pretty decent band.

SlipknoT
Ok I'll admit Clow and Sid arent the most talented people out thier. Are you telling me you dont like Kiss?

Deathblow
No, I'm telling you I hate Kiss.

SlipknoT
Thier 80's stuff did kind of suck

nick1811
too right it did, theyre awful!

Df02
they were the fathers of all gimmik bands

furryman
Detroit Rock City is good, however stick out tongue

Darth Revan
Korn are good too sad

My five most hated:

Nickelback
Creed
New Found Glory
Good Charlotte
Bon Jovi

I like a lot of Kiss songs embarrasment

Deathblow
Oh yeah, forgot Korn. I can't believe how much I've drifted away from them over the last year, I barely ever listen to them anymore, despite almost a decade of hero-worship sad

Thats one sucky list miffed Creed blow almost as many goats as ICP.

Filth
Slipknot, Murderdolls and manson f**king rock, any way i relay hate:

Rasmus
Boyzone
Westlife
Busted
McFly
Nickleback
Eminem
ALL dance music
ALL rap
f**k i could go on forever but i'm not gonna

AcrypT
By the look of your sig, you're a Chevelle fan which is strange cause they're new metal and you say that new metal is garbage, but hey go figure. (nothing personal, Chevelle rock!)

When I think of bands I hate The Darkness defiantly come to mind along with,
Queens of the stone age,
Back street boyish bands,
Avril (I think I hate her mostly because of things I've heard of her and because of her guns n' roses cover)

but I guess I mainly agree with him/her^

I mean it's one thing to not like a bands music but to hate a band altogether should have some kind of good reason.

pylons4braco
CHRISTIAN ROCK...

Filth
Wow s**t i forgot christian rock i f**king hate that s**t

slasherpunk18
I agree whole heartedly.
By the way,i can't beleive I forgot ICP.
I mean jesus ****in christ.....

alic88
backstreet boys, n sync,blink182,good charlotte, limp bizkit

§pearhead
LP
Limp Bizcuit
Chevelle
Lost Prophets

SlipknoT
Creed
Papa Roach
Nickleback

Darth Revan
Ohh I forgot ICP

They make me want to smash things with a crowbar. In a bad way. ranting

MornGlory
BUSTED!!! they bug me

MornGlory
o i hate BLUR now - because the lead singer (Damon ALbarn) is always making nasty comments about "yanks" mad

tabby999
i would have said that Gwar were the ultimate gimick band of all time, but there you go.

and MornGlory, if you dont like people who badmouth "yanks" you'd better get used to it, that redneck president you lot voted back in is making you all look like idiots. i dont hvae anything agaisnt americans, just pointing it out

finti
No Alice Cooper did that kind of act before Kiss

wicker_man
Radiohead
Oasis
TOOL
The Sex Pistols
Eminem
& 50 Cent

Samurai Guy
Chevelle are not nu metal in my eyes. They are simply "rock."

I consider nu metal what people call "Hardcore."

Df02
that list will no doubt draw some attention

Samurai Guy
blink ... I am at a lull... probably because they are my favourite band.

I can see that, but I like Oasis

I respect them, and I like A Perfect Ciricle, but I really dont like Tool.

Wow... are you trying to piss people off?

clapping Good boy!

Deathblow
I wouldn't class Chevelle as nu metal either.

Hardcore and nu metal are completely different.

AcrypT
Hardcore as I see it is Korn, Soil, disturbed (?), Kittie, Otep...
While new metal, Reville, Nonpoint, beloved, deftones (?), One Minute Silence...

am I just wrong or is this some kind of matter of opinion?
could someone clear this matter for me?

Deathblow
Korn, Soil and Disturbed are pure nu metal. Otep are very hard to label (often called 'Avant Garde Metal'), but they are definitely not nu metal, neither are Kittie. Nu metal is generally heavy metal in which the guitar riffs are percussive and without solos, and often contain hip-hop style drums and samples.

Typical nu metal bands:

Korn
Limp Bizkit
POD
Adema

Hardcore is difficult to explain...it used to be the term for the harder punk groups like Circle Jerks, now its used for all kinds of things.

All these bands have been classed as 'hardcore':

The Dillenger Escape Plan (experimental, very fast and heavy)
Glassjaw (screamo type band)
Willhaven (noisecore band, lots of distortion)
Thursday (more along the lines of emo)
Poison The Well (metalcore)
Refused (drift from punk to emo, mostly punk tho)
Cave-In (same as The DEP)

Its very vague and confusing messed

AcrypT
That's defanetly different then what I've heard but it clarifies a few misunderstandings I've had. I guess it could just be that in Israel these things are different (I'm from Israel). Well I can understand why someone wouldn't like a great deal of new metal if it's stuff like Limp Bizkit, POD, Adema and trash like that. I can't say the same thing about Korn, I love them!
good to know what genere I like...thanks

Df02
Hardcore is an offshoot of punk which experiments with alot more melody (thats what the original meaning is neway...) - but for some reason this has been bumped down to Post-Hardcore (or emo/Screamo now)
Hardcore now is very heavy punk-influenced metal with beatdowns....haha

Hardcore:
- Willhaven
- Converge
- Throwdown
- Hatebreed

Post-Hardcore (screamo/some emo):
- Thrice
- Thursday
- Alexisonfire
- From Autumn to Ashes

Dillinger Escape Plan have been called everything under the sun, Grindcore, Hardcore, Metal... theyre just an experimental band i think, im not really sure.
Poison the well seem to bridge the gap of Hardcore and Post-Hardcore...to me neway. all Metalcore is bridging that gap. and most Metalcore pisses me off apart from Poison the Well.....Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold and those other makeup wearing metalcore tossers really rub me the wrong way.

Hardcore is such a vague label it seems to change from person to person, but nu-metal and hardcore have very little in common

AcrypT
So Chevelle, Sevendust, Deftones, Nonpoint, Reveille and such bands I'm guessing would fit in the same genre but what genre is that exactly?

WindDancer
My list:

Oasis
Creed
RATM
Counting Crows
Limp Bizkit
Tool
GNR
Insane Clown Posse
System of a Down

finti
alternative metal

Samurai Guy
Limp Bizkit suck, ICP suck, System are overrated... but GNR? Are you mad?

Bierbommetje
Yeah mad

GNR, come on man.

It's Axl isnt it.

Samurai Guy
Axl Rose rock

Bierbommetje
Yep rock

Df02
GNR are annoying as hell, but not enough to get onto my list

Samurai Guy
Disappointed, Df02.

Df02
im not a fan of GNR, what can i say? - i dont post to please you you know! stick out tongue

Samurai Guy
big grin Well you should. At least Radiohead wasnt on your list. That pleases me.

Bierbommetje
It's cause of Axl isnt it sad

Df02
Radiohead could never be on my most hated list, top quality band
Axl is a part of my dislike for GNR, but im not a fan of the music either... and November Rain capped it all off for me, i went from an indifferent person who didnt listen to them, to sum1 who doesnt like them at all purely because of that 1 song haha confused

Samurai Guy
thumbsup Rock on!

Nov. Rain is usually a fan fav, too. That is weird. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Bierbommetje
Well, there Appetite for Destruction songs are often a lot different than there Illusion songs.

Samurai Guy
I am not a huge G 'n' R fan, but I like them.

Deathblow
With the exception of Chevelle, all those you mentioned are nu metal.

There are nu metal bands who don't have the typical requirements, System Of A Down for example, don't use samples and have little or no hip-hop elements, but are still classed as nu metal (by most people). See nu metal has it's own sub-genres. Reveille for instance, are a rap-core band; a sub-genre of a sub-genre. Confusing no?

AcrypT
Strange, they're all so similar.
I guess I'll just stick with bands I like and bands I don't and keep away from categorising them cause it seems like every other band has its own genre so why bother. The only thing I'll gain from it is a spliting head ache, thanks for clearing that out for me.

Df02
thats the best way to go, Categorising is just easy when u get to know what ur looking for and how it all breaks down. helps alot when describing a band aswell.

its always whether i like the band first, then genre second

WindDancer
Is an anti-Axl thingy. But do like Slash the man is icon in my eyes.

Samurai Guy
Slash rules. Who the hell is Buckethead? big grin

wicker_man
Oh well, my list my opinion.

wicker_man
No, its called my opinion, i'm sorry if i'm not jumping on the pro-Radiohead, Tool, Sex Pistols & Oasis bandwagon.

tabby999
yeah, i agree with you that tool are overrated, i like oasis and sex pistols though.....whtever, i dont really hate many bands but there are many i dislike alot

Fearnix
tool are overrated yes
but i still like em

Df02
i wouldnt say they were overrated, overhyped tho...definately

Afro Cheese
good charlotte
cradle of filth
black eyed peas
mxpx
sum 41
simple plan
maroon 5
g unit
the used
creed
linkin park
spice girls
the darkness
limp biskit
new found glory
yellowcard
jimmy eat world
papa roach
staind
nickelback
puddle of mudd
pearl jam

Red Superfly
Aww, poor Darkness - why does everyone sh*t on them? They are fun and inoffensive. I like'em, I don't understand why everyone gets on their high horses over them. Surely because they bring a sense of fun and don't sing about death all the time.

They were a breath of fresh air to be honest.

I hate these boy bands that pretend to be rockers. With their fancy hair styles and "punk" (note: not punk) clothes and all.

I hate pretty boy MTV, marketable bands where you can tell they were picked up because of their "marketability" rather than their actual skill. I know I know, MOST bands are picked up this way - but these days it's getting ridiculous.

Anything "emo" or MTV-punk also gets my vote. Any band/"artist" that picks up the "Nickeodeon Kids Award" also gets my vote.

You could say Green Day are MTV-punk, but only because a bunch of losers copied them. I love Green Day actually, but to think they were responsible for the likes of Good Charlotte and Busted (and therefore Busted tribute losers McFly) means that I have a "Green Day rock - but damn them!" thing going on. Kinda wierd.

And Guns and Roses rock. Big deal, Axl is an ass, get over it.

Top hated bands:

1) McFly (they make Busted look good)
2) Busted (none of them wanted to be the drummer - and nobody else is their friend)
3) Maroon 5 (not even a band)
4) Yellowcard (that goes for the other emo losers too)
5) Avril (stupid wannabe music-chameleon that changes her colours and has a name like a mermaid)

Darth Sauron
Mcfly surpass busted laughing out loud

Not that its hard, i know ameoba that could musically surpass them busted

baracustastic
GNR are the best band the world has ever seen.

Afro Cheese
I don't like hair metal from the 80's and I sure as hell don't like it in 2004.

Red Superfly
That's fair enough. You actually have an opinion.

I don't like the Darkness bashers who bash them because their friends do it, or because it's "cool" to bash the Darkness. Who's the sheep then? These people are hypocrites and I know of more than enough people who are like this and should be sent to the moon to live.

Df02
but at the end of the day theyre really pretentious...
and the music is damn annoying, can call me a sheep all u want but i dont like the music or their attitude, regardless of other ppls opinions on them

Red Superfly
Nah dude I didn't mean peeps like you were sheep. You genuinely don't like the music and you don't care who does/doesn't. I respect that.

tabby999
i dunno, the lead singer managed to piss off 50 Cent pretty bad, so i dont mind him so much

wicker_man
They can often be deemed 'elitests' and they suck, no one should put you down on the grounds of what music you listein to.

SeptemberRain
ICP
Marilyn MAnson
Hanson
any pop punk...especially Yellowcard
Limp Bizkit
Avril
Saliva
Kiss
The Calling
Creed
Nickelback
Staind....i cant stand them

el_barto
Oh god blink

Just..... dont get me started no expression

Demooni
Disregarding the obvious (nu-metal, rap, boy bands, anything on MTV), I'd say...

Ajattara
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Mortiis
SlipKnot

And those of course are only the ones I can think of right at the moment. shifty

Deathblow
Mortiis is funny. His whole, ummm..'image' is so horribly old-fashioned now, but he just won't quit. Lord knows how he can sing round all that rubber.

frodo34x
Marilyn Manson

oh disaster
Whoa, I couldn't agree more.

MornGlory
I love coldplay... o well..

I hate Eminem -- well like his earlier stuff but now...YUCK
dont like 50 cent, New Found Glory, Limp Fred Durst, Britney Spears, JoJo, JLO, Usher, Barney, ...

eggmayo
I dont hate anyone, I just severely dislike many 'artists'

xShecklerx
Good Charlotte
Blink 182
New Found Glory
Less than Jake
Simple Plan
Green Day
Bowling for Soup
Franz Ferdinand
The Used
^^clap

Aviral Lavign, Jojo, and all pop-like backstreet boys boy bands, Brittany Spears, Justin Timberlake, and so on. I hate them all..yucky

Ronny
ICP
Beastie Boys
destineys child
Good Charlotte
Nickleback
Maroon 5
Gunit
Coldplay

Deathblow
Whats wrong with The Used? and Green Day? and Less Than Jake?

Lord_Andres
1. Avril lavinge (anoying child GO AWAY!!!)
2. slipknot (basicly they just suck very bad, not placent for my ears at all, no melodies, or anything, just noice)
3. children of bodom(just the same as slipknot only with a little more speed)
4. Limp Bizcut(No coment BAD)
5. all rappers
6. basicly every Death metal band, some exaptions thu

Oh can I add Ozzy Osborns voice? IT STINKS!!

SlipknoT
But yet you listen to 80's glam metal

Lord_Andres
You mean bands like europe, bon jovi, roses, and so on? ya of course, they have the best of everything, melodies, singing, play, just about everything that most bands today sadly lack

A BaD PanCaKe
Maroon 5..crappy annoying singer with repetetive just as annoying choruses that break windows

tabby999
yeah, i thought they were mildly bareable till they released She Will Be Loved (or something along those lines), thats such a godawful song

Red Superfly
She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 is currently topping my "Songs To Kill Myself To" list.

That song makes me want to scratch out my eardrums with a rusty spike.

It's such a loser wannabe, girly idol song. The title is crap too. "She Will Be Loved" - what sort of cliched crap is that anyway?

Napalm
red hot chilie peppers
Nirvana
Green Day
bowling for soup

A4E
Aqua
boyzone
backstreet boys
five
westlife
n sync
otown

(basically every "boy" band)

A4E
WTF is wrong with u man?

SlipknoT
But yet you listen to that crap creed?

Filth
Right on!

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.