Black Jack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gregory
I'm wondering if anyone else is familiar with this series? I've got the first three DVDs (as a collection), and have decidedly mixed feelings about him. It works well as a straight medical drama (the first episode and Anorexia) or when the medical aspects are at least promonent (the second episode), but I don't think the third, fifth, or sixth episodes are particularly interesting. They're basically a war story, a ghost story, and a samurai story, and Black Jack (the character) seemed out of place in all of them. I'm debating whether to try the manga.

So, anybody else seen the series or read the manga? What did you think?

soundtrack
ive seen 1 episode. he's like a really really good surgen right? anyways the episode i saw, was there was a guy who would dream this weird dream and end up getting shot anyways...the wounds would heal when he woke up. the idea of the show is cool and the stroy is interesting, i just felt like the episode would never end. all in all i rate it a 8.5

MildPossession
I only have the feature length dvd, yet to watch it though.

Gregory
Originally posted by soundtrack
ive seen 1 episode. he's like a really really good surgen right? anyways the episode i saw, was there was a guy who would dream this weird dream and end up getting shot anyways...the wounds would heal when he woke up. the idea of the show is cool and the stroy is interesting, i just felt like the episode would never end. all in all i rate it a 8.5

If you felt it would never end, it might have been because Black Jack episodes are substantially longer than most anime episodes. That was one of the odder episodes, in that it verged on (was?) paranormal; the ghost story I mentioned in my first post; certainly not my favorite.

The feature length film is okay; sort of a Deux ex machina (sp?) ending, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.