do you think that chivalry exist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OBloommyday
hi everyone!

this is a question to the guys here. Do you guys consider yourself courteous to women? regardless of what kind of women you meet, do you guys act politely in front of women?

this is question to the gals here. Do you think that there are guys that are courteous to us? if you have met some. What is it about them that makes them courteous?

lets hear you opinons. smile

HockeyHorror
its depends on the woman. most women im courteous to but their are some how should i say...bitchs out there. lol
i act the way i am...and yes thats polite. smile

OBloommyday
thats cool Hockeyhorror but dont you think that a guy should always show courtesy to woman? no matter how she is?

HockeyHorror
ummm no

wait let me think

no

DemonicGambit-2
I had a class discussion on this last month. I think chivarly isn't thought to be cool, so the majority of guys don't do it. It also depends on how they were raised, if their father was chivarious to their mother. Plus some girls don't like guys being chivarious, they want to be independent and see chivarly as a form of being looked down on. As for me I think chivarly is alive, just hard to find.

Xena fan
Obloommyday you and I had our differences in the past so dont take this as flaming. IMO Chivalry never existed! It was all created in fairy tales to illustrate kids that life is about honor, courtesy, modesty. But in reality it is very rare to find someone with those qualities.

For me chivalry was a form of educating children to act properly. I think thats good but in our current lives is very hard to find a guy that has those qualities.

OBloommyday
yes we did! But if you feel that chivalry was only fairy tales. then you will agree that some of those fairy tales did made some people recognize that courtesy is the best way. Thats all i have to say to you.

yerssot
of course ... from time to time wink

Fire
Chivalry has always been an ideal.

In truth it didn't occur that often. anywayz I think everyone should try to be friendly and courteous to everyone but that doesn't always work

Evy_O
I like and support chivalry. I always admired chivalrous guys/girls and, most important, I love it when a guy is polite, even a bit flirty, with girls that he doesn't really like.
Chivalrous people are just loveable big grin IMO of course.

yerssot
to the horses!

Evy_O
laughing out loud

Corran
I know chivalry still exists, my six year old son held the door open for a girl last week and said 'Ladies first' as he waved her though, it was in a busy place, everyone in earshot thought it was so cute, so he is learning chivalry and while I'm still around he will continue to be told to be so.

Baylin
I always try to be chivalrous especially to be ladies I dont know well but sometimes some women just ask for a door to be shut/slammed in their face....

Storm
awww, that' s so cute

Corran
I went out for dinner with a friend of mine last week and got the biggest smile when I opened the car door for her, it's simple but nice.

Baylin
Nice! wink

But I always figured the reasoning behind letting women go through doors first was in case something nasty was the otherside because then it gets the woman first! evil face

Corran
No, it's to check them out Dah. wink

Storm
bangin

yerssot
shsss, that was a secret!

WindDancer
Well, chivalry as in knights and stuff like that might had existed a long time ago. Nowadays courtesy is very rare, but I like to consider myself a courteous person. I never used profanity on the boards (only once I admit) and I avoid using caps when writting messages. Do you consider that courteous? Maybe, but I rather be courteous than rude.

wink

Gregory
I'm polite, but not chivalrous. Women get treated exactly the same as men, in my book.

Cyclops
I am chivalrous, but not to an extream. When I take a girl on a date, for example to the movies, I pay for the tickets, and she buys food, or vice-versa. We put forth the same effort, and therefore are not in competition in sense of one-uping the other.

I will pull out a chair, open a door, etc., but I do not lay down my coat in a puddle (it is a suade coat that cost me $350.00, no thank you).

I think women should be treated equal, but it makes me feel good doing these things.

Fire
there are indeed limits cyclops

Cyclops
That is all I am saying. Women want equal rights, so put forth the same effort in a relationship. (Please do not take that as an attack on women. I am pro-womens rights, but anti-feminists.

ash007
i don't know

i still think Chivalry exists i mean my girlfriend thinks its cute, so its actually a babe magnet smile

But somewomen don't like it so i am not sure

big gay kirk
Central locking started the death of "chivalry..." Once, you would unlock the lady's car door, open it, help her in, close it and walk round the car... now you turn the driver's side lock, and she can open it herself...

eleveninches
Is it really chivelry if a guy is only ACTING nice to a girl in order to get laid??

Lianslo
^I don't think thats chivarly at all...thats more like manipulation.

But anyways, personally, as a girl, I love chivarly. Melts my heart really! smile I just think it shows repsect, and i've had guys open car doors for me and pay for an entire date. It just kinda shows that they care enough for you to go out of their way to do something nice.

HockeyHorror
like i said before, im chivalrous to women but their are some women out their that are REAL BITCHS!

and i mean reallly rude and bad!

lol

Lianslo
yeah, there are jerks (men and women alike) where ever you go! I just try to grin and bear it! and walk away b/f i say something that i'll regret.

silver_tears
Let me say I totally fall for the chivalrous guy love
I very much love when guys do the little things, like open car doors, or pull out cares, that is the sweetest things, and I learned that the way a guy treats his mother, is the way he'll act around you smart

finti
no, just to get laid

Storm
bah, men disgust

finti
it works though

yerssot
so young and already so much wisdom laughing out loud

djee, fint ... you only think with your ...er;... horse?

finti
you will too Yersie,........................ as soon as you have some devil

yerssot
no, I don't think with my horse ...mostly messed
I just try to do my best to be as chivalrous/nice to girls cause I like being nice

finti
well less for you then

yerssot
yes, less girls who hate me

Storm
laughing

finti
hate you?????? such a bad performer huh? the trick is to make them want to come back for more

yerssot
I see you're still practicing to get them to come back roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
they still try too but I have concentrateed on Monika foi the past 9 years so...........

Corran
And he needs all the concentration he has to keep someone as lovely as Monika.

finti
lovely as me it is

yerssot
definitly have to wear your glasses

finti
you need to acknowledge beauty when you see it

yerssot
I do, you don't have it

rusky
laughing out loud

I consider myself quite a courteous guy..and so do most of the girls that I know.

I say most because there are some girls who I just can't stand...but I always try to be polite for as long as I can... smile

finti
well yersie you obviously dont then, and by the way chase some skirt instead of a bloke

yerssot
that's a demand?

silver_tears
you know it sweetheart smart

yerssot
notice the smiley stick out tongue

silver_tears
noticed stick out tongue
and you say you are nice cry
not to me apparently no

and here I was gonna ask you to be my knight in shining armor whistle

yerssot
I'm nice to certain girls yes

I don't have a shiny armor, it was made of chocolate and I ate it

silver_tears
naked you would still do, I need you for plans of world domination evil face
and so you claim, haven't seen it yet no

yerssot
than you're not one of those certain girls

silver_tears
how sad I am now blink

yerssot
how about "not at all"?

silver_tears
more like I could care less, but you were close yes

Corran
Don't go spoiling his fun.

finti
laughing out loud ..I wont, just confusing the lad a tad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.