Eminem's Best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
I think the Slim Shady LP was his best work, personally. The rest are good too, but it seemed like his albums just got worse after his first one. Maybe thats just me though. Thoughts?

hh?
eminem sucks. he's a pop rapper. he's not good at making albums, he cant write songs, and he cant freestyle

juice owned him everytime they met.

peace!

Deathblow
I liked Stan, I thought that was a good song, very clever.

Aside from that, Mr Mathers is sadly beginning to give white hip hop a bad name, and I demand that Slug, Eyedea, Kno and Aesop Rock beat him to death with his own mic during a live performance of his blood-curdlingly bad new single on MTV yes

hh?
he took the concept of Stan from Masta Ace (thats what i was told).

AnonymousNerd
^Yeah, I think that's true.

I despise Eminem, now.

But Infinite was a sick album. The rest were pop cds.

Afro Cheese
Thats what I was gonna say... where is Infinite? Out of that list SSLP was easily the best. A lot of the material on that cd was made when he was underground too.

D-Double
I liked The Eminem Show .....

I think the beats finally caught up to my standards and IMO his flow stepped up a notch...His rhyme patterns were diverse and his production skill contributed to an all around great album...

Elektra_lover
Eminem is amazing

hh?
eminem took all his concepts from two legendary rappers:

Masta Ace and Chino XL

i cant wait till Chino's album comes out in Feb 2005

hh?
i thought u supported homosexuals? em disses homos etc etc...

Falling4Daniel_
Im listenign to his new cd right now, I love track 10.
"I aint got no legs, nor no brain. Nice to meet you, hi my name is, I forgot my name."

hh?
wow thats some crazy skills

roll eyes (sarcastic)

*sarcasm*

Falling4Daniel_
hahahah

<<Solo>>
Eminem is horrible, he's making rap have a bad reputation.

hh?
i remember once they said in the wake up show that hip hop went from 9th grade grammer to 3rd grade grammer (but thats talking about mainstream)

WindDancer
Don't like him. A 32 year old man acting like a 13 year old with issues is quite pathetic. thumb down

hh?
laughing very true

SlipknoT
I liked Eminem when I was like 12, but I cant stand him now.

Jackie Malfoy
I like eight miles the best.Lose yourself.JM

bordom
I'm listening to his new CD now and I think it's good cept for all of the burps and farts he puts in some of his songs like "My First Single" other then that he's good... some of his music has lessons or messages in em

hh?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Elektra_lover
He's still a good rapper. Toy Soldiers is an awsome song.

hh?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Elektra_lover
Have you even heard the song?

hh?
i've heard his entire album 4 months ago. pure garbage. even with or without the fart and barf noises.

Elektra_lover
roll eyes (sarcastic)

moonwalker741
infinite was the best, but the marshall mathers lp was pretty good

<Tidus>
Slim shady!

Df02
define best....cos atm im stumped, cos by my definition of best, ive wittled it down to none of them

hh?
speechless? i bet you are

bordom
roll eyes (sarcastic)

hh?
bordom u dont know anything about hip hop. roll eyes (sarcastic)

bordom
and YOU DO????? whatevs

hh?
yes i do. you can listen to your garbage. im just trying to show u the better part of hip hop. smile

bordom
I don't care I like his music and you can't change that so whatevs

hh?
im not changing. im showing you the real path to hip hop. you dont have to accept it. but im telling you, and everyone here agrees, the hip hop on tv and radio is PURE GARBAGE.

bordom
I DON'T CARE!!!!

hh?
having a period i see? laughing out loud

dont get upset that your wrong. its fine. stick out tongue

hh?
o shit u really are a girl stick out tongue

bordom
ya I am a GIRL and No I'm not having my period... wtf

hh?
no i thought u were a guy thats why laughing out loud

but anyway, back to the topic in hand

eminem sucks yes

bordom
omg just SHUT UP!!! you're annoying

Darth Revan
OMG teh Eminem lyk totali rox0rz my sox0rz

hh?
laughing out loud

ok ok we stop bothering her.

its her choice. let her listen to garbage eating eminem. smile

bordom
ha ha you're sooo funny... you should be a comedian!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

hh?
i already am eek! smile

bordom
riiight roll eyes (sarcastic)

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

hh?
laughing out loud

bordom
are you really? lol

hh?
no laughing out loud

bordom
didn't think so lol
laughing

hh?
but im very talented naughty

no expression

bordom
I'm sure you are laughing

hh?
laughing out loud

bordom
laughing

hh?
lol

charmedFairy
I used to like Eminem when I was younger(and stupid) so it makes sense. I don't really like him, he can be really pathetic and immature a lot of times but some of his songs aren't that bad like Mockingbird and Bully. And some songs are just a waste of time and record like Puke?? wtf who wants to listen to him puke his guts out, nasty. Anyways that's my opinion.

bordom
I agree with you about Puke and Mockingbird is really good I think

hh?
i hate Eminem. his first album was ok, and after that he was just another garbage mainstream mc.

no one ever talks about how many times he lost freestyle battles. they only talk about how many wins he won and his 8 Mile movie (which sucked ).

Juice destroyed Eminem in 97
Dos One destroyed Eminem in 97

and many others...

he has a 3rd grade vocabulary.

bordom
yes we all know your opinion are you black not to be rude just wondering how you know all of these other mc's so are you?

hh?
no im not black.

and no im not an mc.

i do like to rhyme once in a while with Darth Revan.

bordom
oh ok cool

hh?
ok smile

bordom
yes

SlipknoT
Do you know DR in real life?

hh?
no

MF D00m
Eminem's best work was on Soundbombing II.

Dazzler619
Slim Shady
The Way I Am
One Shot

Syren
I can't decide between Encore and SSLP... I think because Encore just came out over here so most of the songs are still novelty to me. SSLP was the first I ever heard of Eminem so I think that in time it'll become my fave, it's been consistently top of my list since I got into him.

Anyway, here's a list of my fave songs and lyrics, it may seem as if I wrote too much but I'd like to do this as a tribute to someone who I think is one of the most talented rap artists in the running. Those who disagree needn't bother posting, I read the whole thread and can see no reason for us to fight over a difference of opinion. If I'm not mistaken, this thread is entitled 'Eminem's Best', therefore surely the majority of posts should be in reference to his talent and not his shortcomings.

Encore;

Like Toy Soldiers ~ I love the whole song. It's really moving and I also love the rhythms.

Mosh ~ "Let the President answer a higher anarchy, strap him with an AK47, let him go fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way."

Mockingbird ~ "And if you ask me to, Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird, I'ma give you the world. I'ma buy a diamond ring for you, I'ma sing for you, I'll do anything for you to see you smile. And if that mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine I'ma break that birdie's neck. I'll go back to the jeweller who sold it to ya and make him eat every carat, don't f.uck with Dad." Hahaha, I love it!

Crazy In Love ~ THE ENTIRE SONG. MY FAVE BY FAR, IT'S AMAZINGLY RELEVANT TO A RELATIONSHIP I ONCE HAD. OMG.

One Shot 2 Shot ~ "Wait a minute I think I just saw Bizarre, nah, I guess not.... what the f.uck? Oh my god it was! I never saw him run so fast in my life, look at him haulin' ass, I think he left his wife!"

TES;

Cleaning Out My Closet ~ Whole song. I've loved this from the moment I heard it.... it's pretty deep, I think.

Superman ~ This just makes me laugh, and the video's pretty good too laughing out loud

Hailie's Song ~ Too sweet, but kinda like Mockingbird, you shouldn't really expect it to be completely without inuendoes and hidden meanings. I mean, it's Marshall.

MMLP;

Stan ~ Absolute classic. Dido rocks anyway, but I never would have appreciated her as much had I not heard this.

The Way I Am ~ I used to spend hours listening to this on repeat, cutting my wrists up and just generally hating the entire world for everything. Kinda pathetic actually, but I still really love the song even though it holds bad memories for me.

Drug Ballad ~ Love it, the wordplay, the rhyme scheme, everything. Also the beats, I can listen to this tune over and over.

Kim ~ I was actually totally shocked by this when I first heard it, needless to say I was pretty much an Eminem innocent. I got used to his apparent hatred of everybody after a while big grin

SSLP;

Guilty Conscience ~ It's been ages since I listened to this album but I remember loads of songs, it's my fave with Encore coming a very close second. This song was one of the first I heard and I still love it.

'97 Bonnie & Clyde ~ I think this tune is really cool, I love the references Eminem puts into his lyrics.

My Fault ~ Same with this, and he sings in it too. I like his voice.

Rock Bottom ~ This is heavy, I appreciate the lyrics.

As The World Turns ~ Another of my faves.

I hope no one minds my obvious obsession, but I think this thread needed some substantial input which celebrated Eminem's talent.

hh?
talent laughing out loud

Afro Cheese
Bad meets evil is a great song.. best on SSLP. And Stan is probably my favorite Eminem song.

bordom
I don't remember them.... heard too much of the new stuff...

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well done for reading all of one word in my post clapping Don't you just feel so proud?? eek!

5knuckleShuffle
the way i am is a great song. on the mmlp

guilty concience great trac on sslp

criminal was awsome on the sslp

on encore i love mosh and like toy soilders.

i like that song like toy soilders because it sends a message that hip hop is abought life and not starting beef or wars

Afro Cheese
I like the message behind toy soldiers... just can't stand the actual song. Mosh.. mosh is just bad.

hh?
i read your entire post roll eyes (sarcastic)

hh?
and eminem has sooo many beefs. hypocrite.

The Inkeeper
but he is saying he is leaving all his 'beefs' before it gets dangerous.

Probably because he was losing them, badly lol.

The Inkeeper
happy

Mockingbird- Sweet happy

Crazy in love is the kim to my marshal, the slim to my shady the dre to my eminem, the elaina to my haillie wink

One shot two shot is just hilarious happy

Nice selection btw hug

5knuckleShuffle
did you listen to small change by ja rule? he went on record and dissed em's daughter.

i hate ja rule cause 1 he cant rap for shit.

all he is is pop rap.

i hate to say this but in a way the whole death of pac and biggie was a lesson being taught.

those 2 went at eachother non stop but both died. maybe this is why hip hop has changed. basicly hiphop is a life style but when some1 comes out and disses you then that ruins it

The Inkeeper
because 'once you put someones kids in it, it aint just words no more is it?'

Or perhaps it could just be the fact Haillie was in a song with Eminem making fun of Ja Rules height.

5knuckleShuffle
small change came out be4 doe rae me wich featured halie.

basicly small change was a diss to 50 but ja got em involved. so em retaliaded with the following tracks.

the sauce

monkey see monkey do

go to sleep *****

hail mary

etc.

back in dec of 03 ja rule got a minister to end the beef but 50 wouldnt have it so basicly if it wasnt for eminem the shit would still be going on.

The Inkeeper
im sure em and haillie went for ja before ja even mentioned haillie. Didnt ja insult one of ems crew, and em came back with haillie?

5knuckleShuffle
no

hh?
OMFG ja rule pop rap???

knuckle how the hell is he pop rap???

eminem is hip POP

ja rule is pathetic wannabe gangsta hip hop

The Inkeeper
5, could you say the order then, instead of 'no'

Why would ja bring haillie into it for no reason? You just dont involve children

5knuckleShuffle
ja rule is a joke. honestly i'd rather listen to vannila ice instead of ja rule.

hh?
ja rule= b.itch
eminem= b.itch
50 cent= b.itch

its that simple. why is this turning out into something so complex. its easier then basic math.

Syren
Sweetie, basic math in your opinion. B!tches in your opinion. It's only that simple in your opinion. Did I miss anything? And I know you read my entire post, my dig was beneath the belt and I apologise. But this thread is dedicated to Eminem, to discuss Eminem's best. If you have such an intense dislike for him or any other artist you mentioned, make another thread, ok?

hh?
dont need to apologize wink

and the first post reads

"I think the Slim Shady LP was his best work, personally. The rest are good too, but it seemed like his albums just got worse after his first one. Maybe thats just me though. Thoughts?"

doesn't say you HAVE to like eminem to come to this thread. i dont DISLIKE any mc for who they are(most of the time), but what they do.

and whe have an official hip hop thread called !i!ihip!i!ihop!i!i

and im hockeyhorror if u didn't recognize smile

Afro Cheese
No actually I'm pretty sure it's a proven scientific fact that Eminem is a *****.

Syren
laughing I know who you are, I would recognise that confrontational attitude anywhere roll eyes (sarcastic) You taught me much when I was going through that 'MC' stage laughing out loud

Afro ~ Lame schmoll

hh?
naughty

stick out tongue

iamthepirate

hh?
i have a fan^ grow up kid. its just the net. people say stuff. you dont have to accept it...its that simple.

laughing out loud

and read my posts more carefully wink

BlackC@t
I completely agree.

He's such a ****ing loser.

His music sucks.

He sucks.

And one day he'll burn in Hell!

moviejunkie23
i only like when he is making obvios jokes out of his music. Like My Name Is, i thought was quite funny, rather raunchy but funny. I really don't like his songs when he takes himself so seriosley or when he his angry. like someone said ealier sounds like a 30 year old man having a crying fit like a 13 year old girl with a skinned knee.

hh?
laughing out loud

if u want real hip hop go to the !i!ihip!i!ihop!i!i thread.

Konjammenson
not really. i dont have a problem with homosexuals but i call people im mad at fa*ets all the time.

anyways, a lot of people here are saying eminem gives rap a bad reputation. why do you all think that? Just wondering, no sense in wasting time with rants, please explain diligently.

Afro Cheese
Eminem is sorta like the Manson of rap music, he came out as purely a shock artist. He would say any old thing about killing his mom and his girlfriend to a corny beat and call it a song. He's lyrically above a lot of mainstream stuff but the shit he chooses to rap about is retarded middle school shit.

moviejunkie23
good comparison to manson

Konjammenson
Like what? I mean, as compared to what other rappers rap about. It seems to me that there is not really a lot of educated topics going on in rap music. Sure, they get political here and there, but not much past saying the president sucks; not addressing any real issues with a well thought out opinion.

Afro Cheese
That may be true of the rappers you know, but if you ever want to discover otherwise then check out the hip hop thread on this forum.

hh?
Eminem is the mini version of Masta Ace and Chino XL.

you can tell he was really influenced by Masta Ace and Chino XL. thats not the problem. his first album (Infinite) was not bad. he had potential of becoming a good mc. songs like 'Stan' are why eminem is good. but most of his lyrics are boring, not funny (imo) and not impressive. Lyrically he's garbage, and his productions are highly overrated. Currently i consider him a Commerical Hip Pop/Hip Hop artist.

and i hate how people say he's one of the best freestylers. in 97' he was destroyed by Juice and Dos One. a few years later, Canibus defeated him (controversial win), and last year Sway (from Wake Up Show) interviewed Eminem about his life and history of Hip Hop. Sway dropped a few average punchlines and Eminem was suppose to spit better rhymes back...and he couldn't even do that. but freestyling isn't a way to judge an mc.

hh?
False, hip hop is intelligent music...if you can find the right artists. go to the !i!ihip!i!ihop!i!i! thread.

if you want political hip hop, check out artists such as:

Mr. Lif
Immortal Technique
Bigg Jus

i lovejake
eminem is one of the best rappers ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i lovejake
marilyn manson is awesome to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpha Centauri
No and No.

Advice: Try to gain some kind of non-MTV influenced intelligent.

-AC

hh?
what he said^

Afro Cheese
I gotta say hockey you're being a little harsh on Eminem... I wouldn't rate him as low as you do. His early flow was gretly influenced by Ace, you're right about that but in my opinion his expanded on that and his flow was more diverse than Masta Ace's flow. I love Masta Ace and would rank him as a better overall rapper than eminem but when people say eminem is a Masta Ace rip off I can't totally agree.. he did take his original style from ace but after a while he developed and evolved and eventually had a better flow than ace does (imo). Not anymore but I think he did at one point.

Eminem's lyrical content is what holds him back from being one of the best in my eyes. He has great multi syllable and inner-bar rhyme schemes and good punchlines but he never raps about anything meaningful besides a few songs (rock bottom, stan, etc.) People discovered he wasn't as good as they thought he was when he made The Eminem Show. He tried to get serious and make actual songs and couldn't really pull it off, that's where he's limited.

I've heard some crazy eminem freestyles but they almost always sound written. But if they aren't he is a very good freestyler, he just may not be the best battler.

hh?
i can gurantee he's not the best freestyler.

it all matters on opinion thumb up

Afro Cheese
I don't think he's the best freestyler either. I'm just saying just because he lost a few battles doesn't mean he isn't a talented freestyler. First because nobody can win them all, second cause battling ain't the only kind of freestyling.

hh?
true^

i dont really base an mc's skills on freestyling, but more on the songs they write.

Afro Cheese
Yeah, and that's where eminem falls short in my opinion. He wrote a few good songs but hasn't had an album full of good songs yet. I think the style he raps with is good, he has good rhyme schemes and flow and stuff, he just can't find anything to write good songs about. He had potential to be good if only he'd pick better subject matter and not that immature crap he raps about on most of SSLP and MMLP.

hh?
his music is now targeted to the much younger audience. im guessing around 11-12 year olds.

koolruningz
To me it sounds more like shock tactics than lyrical content. The best track i've heard from Eminem is "Rock bottom" (good choice AfroCheese). For me it has a good beat, good sample and good lyrics (notice i dont use the word great), he usually has good beats but the subjects he ryhmes about and his lyrics dont really move me. I think since he has moved away from the streets his music has suffered, i havent heard all of his new album but i dont like what i have heard. Still if you like his music and you get something out of it, knock yourself out (not literally).

Neptune
How could anyone vote for Encore!? You know, I really miss the old Eminem. When he made Slim Shady LP he was still hungry. That's his best album. Marshall mathers lp and the Eminem show are solid albums but Encore is just garbage. What the h*** kinda song is just loose it!?

Afro Cheese
Eh his singles have always sucked. My Name Is, The Real Slim Shady, Without Me...

koolruningz
Stan wasnt too bad.

Afro Cheese
Yeah Stan was good but I meant the "edgy" pop single that he always releases first to suck people in. Those are all the first singles from each album. I knew I should have been more specific but I was lazy.

koolruningz
Got ya. wink

Punkyhermy
i like his new songs....like mockingbird, toy soldiers and mosh....plus jsu loose it...

Victor Von Doom
For me, The Slim Shady LP was excellent, then he sold out. His music suffered badly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.