Black Metal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Filth
So tell me what do you think is the best black metal band? personaly i think its Cradle of filth but tell me your views.

Deathblow
CoF black metal? h'okay...blink

I really dislike most black metal, but Dimmu Borgir, Eucharist & Darkthrone are pretty good.

Filth
The what would you call cof? pop?

Deathblow
No I'd call them horse shit, but that's not the point.

Filth
Well thats not the whole point of this thread so let us not discuss that here as you will see there is a whole thread on cof, if i am right you replied on it.

loserib
Mayham are some bad ass black metal
also check out norcal band all shall persih they are great

finti
hmm going with the Scandinavians bands
presume you mean Mayhem, casue Mayham is a rap band

Cinemaddiction
*high five* laughing

"Cradle of Filth" are sellouts, firstly. Categorically speaking, they are metal. Just metal. You can throw em in there with Dummy Burger, Nightwish, and the now defunct Viking Crown.

Black metal you ask? Venom, Vader, Death, and the like. I'm not a fan of "black metal", personally, but it never hurts to know what you're talking about when you want to discuss the genre.

Fearnix
COF are death with a hint of black metal
they are so ****ing mainstream tho :/

norrin radd
cof may be mainstream, but i still think they are black metal

not very into black metal, do you guys know abigor?
dimmu borgir has some cool stuf.

Fearnix
dimmu borgir i love
and abigori have only heard one of there songs sad
have you heard Exorial?

norrin radd

Fearnix
i dont really know i have only just got in to lisening to COF
but i know Cof tour and shit with Christian Death alot

SlipknoT
I'm really starting to like Dimmu Borgir

Fearnix
thats because they are goodyes

norrin radd

Fearnix
I love black metal

Filth
Black metal is cool

Afro Cheese
I like Dimmu Borgir.. but that's about it I think.

moshtitan
Cradle of Filth is no more, no less than a Poppy Black Goth Metal band. there only good stuff is the older stuff in my opinion.

And personally illl take Emperor over any other bands mentioned before.

norrin radd

Filth
Some people just dont know good music there new stuff if as good as the old stuff ever was, but anyway this thread is not aout cradle its about black metal can we please try to stick to the topic, all i want to know is what do you think is the best black metal band

Afro Cheese
EDIT: nevermind

LordMortis
dont know much of black metal as a genre, still only starting to get into that scene but dimmu borgir i love. Dunno if u can class nightwish under the same category (think there more symphonic metal but they still my fav band wink

norrin radd
i like nightwish, but they have nothing to do with black metal

Demooni
Owned. ^^

But seriously, anything that Cradle of Filth has let loose from his bowels that's anywhere near black metal is the "Invoking the Unclean" demo.

Back to the topic.

Behemoth (Poland)
Burzum (Norway)
Catamenia (Finland)
Emperor (Norway)
Marduk (Sweden)
Ninnghizhidda (Germany?)
Nokturnal Mortum (Ukraine)
Ragnarok (Norway)

That would be all, methinks.

maz
how would you class iniquity?

moshtitan
oh,thank god. i almost didnt think there was anyone else who knew what the hell they were talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.