who believes in superstition?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sweetypie951
i was wondering if any 1 believed in superstition! Happy Dance

The Omega
Isn't the question: Is anyone here superstitious?

BackFire
No

I walk under ladders, I walk by black cats, I've broken mirrors and disregaurd all chain letters I recieve saying that if I don't send it to 400 people in the next 5 minutes my penis will be eaten by fire ants.

It's a bunch of bullshit that is only believed by paranoid people.

angelsflame265
eh. . i don't really beilieve in it, but i still knock on wood from time to time

Jackie Malfoy
No but it is fun to say I believe in them!JM

shaber
http://f.frost.bbboy.net/healnpd/ghoulanim.gifBeware the ghouls no expression http://f.frost.bbboy.net/healnpd/ghoulanim.gif

Jackie Malfoy
No they followed me here!(Runs back under bed)JM

T.M
i believe that it is a load of rubbish big grin

Trickster
How can you believe in Superstition? Wouldn't you have to be superstitous?

EDIT - The Omega already pointed this out...

theReject
No, I'm not superstitious. I'd be dead by superstition standards, And I'm not.

Mademoiselle Reject

Clovie
i do embarrasment
i know when something bad gonna happen sad

FeceMan
Oh, God, how terribly, excrutiatingly painful.

Darth Revan
I believe in superstition. Whether or not I am superstitious is another matter. thumb up

I am not. I think BackFire put it well.

Darth Surgent
I'm a paranoid schizophrenic and even I don't believe in superstition(s).

cunnilingus
not sure if this is considered superstition, but I was just curious... Lately..well for about 2 months now this really freaky thing has been happening to me....Everytime i end up looking at a digital clock it reads either 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, or 5:55...this happens more than once and day and yes it happens EVERYDAy...i think its incredibly bizarre and i really would like to see if anyone would have any feedback as to why this is happening and when it will stop!! lolz u can email me if you'd like...
[email protected] spanks!

FeceMan
I believe in superstition.

Am I superstitious, though? Not in the traditional sense.

debbiejo
I'm not superstitious, but I know a lot of people from the "old country" who certainly are, though once I did do a "I've never broken a bone in my body...knock on wood."...And later I broke my leg...So, the knocking certainly didn't help, or maybe it was cheap wood. mad

Shakyamunison
I'm not superstitious, cross my heart. laughing

debbiejo
And hope to die??

Me neither honest, I'm crossing my fingers either.

a1hsauce
not really, but theyre always in the back of your head only because of reputation

debbiejo
Like stepping on cracks or walking under latters, or breaking mirrors, or staring in the eyes of a mad dog and lose your soul?

a1hsauce
you loss your soul by looking into the eyes of a dog thats mad confused

debbiejo
eek! rip

I was told that by someone...along with not looking directly into a camera lens........LOL.....I've already lost my soul like a zillion times.

a1hsauce
ahhh nutz!!! so what am i supposed to look at while im saying cheese!?

debbiejo
Look at the side of the camera... laughing out loud of course.

Too late already lost your soul anyway.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by sweetypie951
i was wondering if any 1 believed in superstition! Happy Dance I'm not superstitious, but me and my ex had a VERY accurate dynamic with a fortuneteller.

Capt_Fantastic
Nope. I've never encounteres bad luck when that song was on....it rocks!!!

Mindship
Did you know it's bad luck to post this kinda thread?
rip1

Bardock42
Of course I believe in Superstition....

debbiejo
HAHA yeah right, an atheist with superstitions..........

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
HAHA yeah right, an atheist with superstitions..........
I didn't say I was superstitious...I said I believe in Superstition....

debbiejo
like what kind...examples?

Bardock42
Like that there is Superstition in the world...like you for example..you are superstitious...why shouldn't I believe you?

debbiejo
I'm not superstitious though. So you believe in people beliefs in superstitions.??

Bardock42
I'm not superstitious though. So you believe in people beliefs in superstitions.??

No, I believe that there is Superstition. Since there obviously is...I don't believe that those beliefs are right though.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, I believe that there is Superstition. Since there obviously is...I don't believe that those beliefs are right though. I don't understand then...So your saying that you believe in other peoples superstitions whether they do or don't effect you? Cause they do only if you let them, IMO.

Imperial_Samura
I am superstitious out of habit. I don't really think that walking under a ladder, or stepping on a crack is bad at all, and the black cat I once had caused no ill effects. Of course I am open to the chance it might, but I haven't seen any proof, so I say - unlikely.

But then I do things that make me look superstitious out of habit, like still avoiding the underside of the ladder, simply out of habit.

That, and I have a rabbits foot I carry that I bought from an old gypsy woman who ran a gift shop, and I like knocking on wood, because it sounds nice.

Victor Von Doom
I don't understand then...So your saying that you believe in other peoples superstitions whether they do or don't effect you? Cause they do only if you let them, IMO.

He's saying that the thread title is poorly phrased, as there is such a thing as superstition: no belief is required.

He does not believe that superstitions are of any merit.

All of which he did just say, as clearly as the rephrasing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.