Sum 41...???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MornGlory
What does everyone think of SUM 41!!

a friend of mine is trying to convince me to buy their new album.... but I am not so sure.. he says their new album is completely different and actually good! ..??????????????????

MornGlory
no comments from anyone cry

MornGlory
anyone???

Deathblow
They are horrible.

If you want a decent modern punk album, do yourself a favor and get this instead:

http://www.smartpunk.com/product_images/2553.gif

MornGlory
I saw NOFX a few yrs ago (about 5 yrs ago)- they did a live showing
where they were making their new album... with a live audience-- it was pretty cool

Deathblow
Well then you know I'm right.

MornGlory
uh huh yes

but I was just wondering about the latest SUM 41 cd - cause someone else I call my super good friend says it is really good!

Mane
thumb down

ClaraG
they suck

frodo34x
I like their new album, but not their earlier stuff.

*Danii*
I like Fat Lip and most of the stuff off All Killer No Filler, but imo theyve gone downhill. . .I bought Does This Look Infected and was sooooo disapointed so I am no way getting Chuck.

And NOFX totally rule!

Bad Boy
When you listen to their new album, it's hard to believe they are the same band. It's not a punk record, simple as that (not that they were punk anyway... and they've never claimed to be), it's a pure rock record.

The songs No Reason, Bitter End (immense Metallica homage), We're All To Blame and 88, fooking rock!!!!!!!!!

KillTheLight
If you've got a similar taste in music as this person then you'll probably like them

but to me they just suck!!!

<<Solo>>
Making my saying quick and simple, Sum 41 Suck.

Filth
The album "all killer no filler" was prity good, but the other 2 (does this look infected, half hour of power) were s**t so im not even going to listen to there new one, punk genraly sucks but as deathblow said your probly better buying nofx

pylons4braco
hate them...

MornGlory
I got their new cd -CHUCK - and I like it so much better than their earlier stuff- it doesnt sound so punk and i Love that!!in_love

sound like a different band to me ...

ban2

T.M
their CD rules..... as a Frisbee yes they $hit other than that IMO

MornGlory
IMO???

I just think their new CD sounds good - it sounds different their old stuff

MornGlory
what is IMO??

im bored Im bringing this thread back up

Noah
i am soo hooked on their new one "We're all to Blame"

MornGlory
i like that song too- the video is sort of BLAH --

but sort of funny with all the disco dancers

tabby999
In My Opinion

and i dont mind their new stuff, as i didn't mind their old stuff. when i heard their new stuff the first song had this major hook in it, and i just went "wow, this is bitchin" when i heard it, still think it is.

Noah
their video is taking off the old videos

MornGlory
is it?? Id never heard a Sum 41 song until I heard We're All to Blame... so Im just now getting into them...

btw - is that one guitar player's real name Cone??? its cool! but different! wink

tabby999
yeah with all the 70's style special effects getting thrown all over the place, its a pretty good little piss take on the shows of old

Noah
yeh, the dances are heeps kool

MornGlory
they are ?? i think it's sort of gay.. o well its still a cool song

Noah
well they are getting paid to make complete @sses of themselves

MornGlory
who? Sum 41 or those disco dancers in the video

i would be embarassed to be one of those dancers

tabby999
i think they mean the dancers. and i think you'd have to go into that sort of thing with a sence of humor, its not like people went in there trying to re produce the 70s in a serious manner, they're laughing at the worst of it

Darth_Big_Boy
I'm not a fan by no means but they're alright....they have some catching songs.

moonwalker741
i only like Fat Lip and Into Deep, i never really got into them that much...listen to green day, there alot better

MornGlory
http://www.akkords.ru/s/sum_41/3319.jpg

Red Superfly
I see the little 13 year old "sk8er" newbs wearring Sum 41 stuff.

That's a shame, cos I really like Sum 41 actually. I think they have strong albums with catchy tunes and, to be fair, a damn good guitarist imo.

They do seem very kiddy pop, along the same lines of Avril *puke* Lavigne, but I can look past that because I genuinely like them, and they seem to be tarred with the wrong brush.

tabby999
yeah they have some good interaction between the lead and rythem guitars dont they

frodo34x
But not as good as Dimebag *sniff*

MornGlory
yea their guitar player seems pretty good...

does anyone find the indian guy attractive?? they seem to leave him out of stuff?

Red Superfly
Erm, the "indian" guy was who I was on about.

I thought "Cone" was the bassist, the indian guy lead guitar, singer is rhythym guitar, and drummer dude, erm, drums.

I meant the indian guy was a good guitarist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.