Do you download?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

frodo34x
Do you download? If so, how much? What programs do you use?

Df02
reckon thisll be closeded

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, Limewire. Try and stop me.

matchbox

AnonymousNerd
I download to see if I like the artist, if I do I'll buy the album.

But cds here are really expensive.

frodo34x
Very little money from the album sale goes to the band. You support them alot more if you go their concerts.

Filth
i download i use a program called ares it saves you money big grin

Afro Cheese
I heard Ares is good. I use Warez and Soulseek. And 14 bucks (average album price in US) is a lot of money for a shitty album. It's always good to make sure you like it first in my experience.

Mane
Who doesn't download? I use Ares, Limewire, and occasionaly iMesh.

<<Solo>>
I use Soulseek, I've tried almost every downloading program, and this one is easily the best,IMO.

Deathblow
^ Mhm me too.

I don't download much though, and if I really like something, I always go out and buy the CD. Gotta support the artists and all that.

frodo34x
I personally use a BITtorrenting program called Azereus.

Xam
ok of course i do-kAzAa

Df02
Soulseek, have about 3000 songs now
Soulseek by far the best tho imo

Bierbommetje
I download on accasion

If I've seen a good song on tv or something I'd download it... especcialy if I know its the only good song on an album...

AnonymousNerd
Depends really. For example, with independant Hip Hop the most of the money goes to the artist. it just depends on the label really.

Afro Cheese
Soulseek is the best for downloading albums, but I like Warez more for individual songs.

Bierbommetje
Yeah, some bands got there own label and distributor, so they pretty much get most of the money.

Clovie
cds are really expensive sad
and most of the bands are unable to get in shops here erm

Morridini
I am currently using Ares and DC++.
I have never bought a CD nor am I ever going to. I just think that 15 songs by the same person/band becomes to boring. So I just download a song which I like, never full albums.

hh?
agreed

MildPossession
A lot of bands get more money from merchandise stuff like t-shirts than CDs.

I hardly download, but when I do I use Limewire, soulseek isn't very good for dial up users apparently. Tried it but didn't do much.

I mostly download trailer music and hard to find music. But I can't really be arsed to download since it takes so long on dial up connections.

Or if there is one song I like from a band I will download it, not wasting money on the whole album.

KillTheLight
I use Winmx it's got no spyware which is great.

tabby999
i tried Soulseek but as said before, dial up = shit download time with soul seek. might give limewire a try, and Kazaas ****ed now people have filled it with viruses.
and in Aus its like $30 for a cd which makes it even more ****ed

MornGlory
I use ARES !!! and I am proud of it!!

i use to use Kazaa but it really screws up your computer even though it has more stuff... o well

I normally just download TV shows and music videos and stuff you cant normally buy or see.

Ares is pretty cool! I still buy CDs - ones that I will listen to over and over

dont sue me--I cant afford it

Filth
I download then if i like the band i buy the album but if its shit i delete it

AcrypT
I used to buy CD's and had quite an impressive collection but then I got them all stolen from me so I guess you could say I lost my apatite for buying CD's. Now I have about 6k songs on my PC but I'm not bothered cause I bought most CD's of bands I like and I don't see the point in buying them again. Kazaa and e-mule would be my preferred downloading programs, with e-mule you can download full albums easily which is a pretty attractive quality if you ask me.

MildPossession
I thought Ares could take control of your computer?

pylons4braco
Get at disk from your library... burn a copy...
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Alpha Centauri
I like having the artwork and case etc to look at too. I like owning the album so I'll buy it if I like the band ENOUGH to buy it.

The Yeah Yeah Yeah's album, "Fever To Tell", for example. I like it but not enough to buy it so I downloaded it. "eMOTIVe" by A Perfect Circle I downloaded and liked, saw it for very cheap anyway so I bought it.

-AC

ChickinMeat
i download like 3 songs a month lol, thats pushing it! i usually only download songs of websites that say "have this free mp3", but if i wanna try out a new band, i use bearshare.

but i dont download often, no

MildPossession
I do the library thing lol.

eggmayo
I usually use kazaa lite with a nortons 2005 firewall for backup, and not one virus in 2 years, however i do use Ares

ElectricBugaloo
I use Slsk for full albums, ares when i'm looking for a specific song.

Silver Stardust
I use soulseek...what I'll usually do is download a few songs from an artist to see if I like them, and then if I do I'll go out and buy the CD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.