Best Voice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vampy
Highest, lowest, sexiest, most annoying... any category you can think of. Which singers, according to you, have the best voices?

Sexiest voice: Huey of Fun Loving Criminals (god... him singing Love Unlimited already makes me gasp for air and think of a cold shower droolio)
Highest voice: Erm... somehwere between Skin (love) and Mariah C. (yuck)
Most annoying voice: By far, it's Britty / Bono (can't stand the guy)
All time best voice: Barry White is the king

matchbox
sexiest: avril ((how hot is she))
highnest: no idea it just sounds stupid to be honest
most annooying: any pop music, especially mcfly or busted!
best voice: either rob thomas, grant nicholas or brent from fuel

Abbita
Most annoying voice: Cheeky Girls or Kylie Minogue

Sexiest voice: TABBY!!!

Highest Voice: That guy from the Bee Gees

All time best: hmm.... ABBA!!!

Vampy
Oh god... Bee Gees should be forbidden laughing

Samurai Guy
Sexiest voice: Ian Thornley of Big Wreck
Highest voice: Michael Jackson
Most annoying voice: Michael (Raine) Maida of Our Lady Peace
All time best voice: I dont know.

Abbita
shock NEVER!!!

Vampy
sick
LONG LIVE THE VILLAGE PEOPLE!

Deathblow
Sexiest voice: Female - Gwen Stefani. All those gaspy type noises she makes. Mhmm.

Male - Chino Moreno. I was actually physically aroused first time I heard him sing MX.

Most annoying voice: David Draiman. More than a little retarded.

Weirdest voice: Wayne Static. Or as I like to call him, angry bi-curious drunken sailor.

Most emotional voice Francis Mark - Kind of annoying at first, but jeese this guy knows how to whine with style. Love it.

Prettiest voice: Female - Cristina Scabbia. Too high-quality to go under sexiest voice. She could charm birds out of the trees, although it helps that she's...easy on the eyes shall we say.

Male - Maynard James Keenan/Daryl Palumbo. Can't decide between those two. Daryl has a tendency to go off on psycho screeching rants though, so I'd go with MJ. Just listen to 'A Stranger' cry

All time best voice: Robert Plant - Who else?

hh?
worst female voice- Eminem

Myth
Coolest - Robert Cummings

D-Double
Most annoying voice: Guy from Good Charlette and other retched pop-punk singers.....

Sexiest voice: Goapele, Kelis, and the lead singer of Portisehead

Highest Voice: That guy from the Darkness and....Mariah droolio

All time best: Chaka Kahn and old Micheal Jackson

wicker_man
Can't be bothered to categorize my choices, so:

Chris Corneill (Soundgarden and Audioslave)
Anthony Kieldis (RHCP)
Freddie Mercury (Queen)
Matt Bellamy (Muse)
Anastacia
Enya
Katie Melula
Greg Graffan (Bad Religion)
& Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

Darth Revan
Sexiest voice: Female: Cristina Scabbia droolio
Male: Either Maynard or Brandon Boyd. I am 99% straight, but holy shit... droolio
Highest voice: The guy from the Darkness
Most annoying voice: Any pop-rock singer except (kinda) Mark Hoppus, who I can stand to listen to. Oh, and Chester Bennington.
Best screaming: Maynard
All time best voice: Maynard again

Vampy
oh die! laughing out loud

well, yeah, a bit loud but Disturbed is a great band stick out tongue

Darth Revan
I agree with Deathblow. Especially at the end of that song from Queen of the Damned where he goes "no mommy please don't hit me" and whines like that for thirty seconds...

Vampy
Well... brutal and retarded, but it's their style stick out tongue

I prefer Orgy anyways wink

Red Superfly
The most annoying voice goes to Maroon 5.

Mane
Sexiest voice: Not sure.
Highest voice: Claudio from Coheed & Cambria.
Most annoying voice: Scott Stapp from Creed. wallbash
All time best voice: Josh Scogin

Deathblow
Sowwy Vampydoodle embarrasment

I actually quite like the song he sings on his own on the QOTD Soundtrack, he sounds slightly less retarded yes

Yeah word, when I first heard that I was like...Jonathan Davis has to sue this guy. Nobody is allowed to do the whole reverting back to childhood and cry about their parents in the middle of the song apart from JD, nobody ranting

Vampy
No problemo Samuel cry

JD of Korn? droolio

I'll add him to best voices... whip2flirt1

Xam
DR.DRE,EMINEM,FIFTY CENT,OBIE TRICE AND MY DOG

alic88
Sexiest voice: Emma Burton
Highest voice: hmm cant think
Most annoying voice: Liza Minelli,50cent,
best voice:Michael Jackson, Steven Tyler

SlipknoT
That list is a joke right laughing

Alpha Centauri
Sexiest voice: PJ Harvey.
Highest voice: Thom Yorke, Matt Bellamy or Jeff Buckley.
Most annoying voice: Dizzee Rascal, Britney Spears, Emo/Screamo frontmen.
All time best voice: Chris Cornell, Maynard James Keenan, Mike Patton, Jeff Buckley.

-AC

finti
Glenn Hughes

MornGlory
I love Keiffer Sutherlands voice in Phonebooth

and Anthony Hopkins voice in Silence of the lambs

and then the gay movie Scream - "Helllooo Sydney"

Oh, and the voice in Joy Ride - the voice over the CB

ok thats enough for now

finti
and that was music related how?

naybean
Sexiest voice: steve tyler, Axl rose, Eddie Vedder
Highest voice: daniel beddingfield or skin
Most annoying voice: george harrison (that song hare krishna) miffed
All time best voice: skin

ElectricBugaloo
All time best voice? Either Marvin Gaye or Al Green for pure male singing ability, Aretha Franklin or Gladys Knight for female. I also have a soft spot for Elliott Smith and JEff Buckley.

Bierbommetje
Lowest voice: John Entwistle
Highest voice: Bon Scott
Coolest voice: James Hetfield, Till Lindemann, Anastacia
Most irritating voice: Gwen Stefani

Abra
Lowest: this kid in my choir, idk his name, but SH!T! He sounds like a damn fog horn. Also, Cher.
Highest: the dude from Coldplay? Chris something? He looks like a rat but I love the band... droolio
Most annoying: anything country, Simple Plan, Clay Aiken!!!! OMG, I cannot STAND him!
Best: Cristina Scabbia, Cake!!!! Pete Yorn! Johnny Cash!
Sexiest: Hands-down the guy from the Goo Goo Dolls. SO sexy.

Vampy
Oh, I'd so support Marvin Gaye too stick out tongue 70's Disco is so TEH SHIT. laughing out loud

But his voice in UNBEARBLY ANNOYING.

ElectricBugaloo
Marvin Gaye wasn't disco.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah coolest is probably James Hetfield in my book.

Marvin Gaye isn't unbearably annoying and I'm all for opinions but that's just dumb. Marvin Gaye's voice lulls me to sleep, in a good way.

-AC

Bierbommetje
Damn, forgot Billy Gibbons in coolest voice, especcialy his work from the 90's up. Man, he sure ****ed up his voice with all that licker... But it sounds damn cool.

Vampy
Marvin Gaye? 'Got to give it up' Marvin Gaye? It was SO disco it hurt my eyes.

Plus, his voice is WAY too high for a man. Would never make ME sleep.

*Danii*
The guy from Franz Ferdinand has an amazing voice. . .

The Sexiest voice(s) : The Proclaimers!

ElectricBugaloo
Oh, that must mean that Freddy Mercury is a disco singer also since he did a disco-inspired song (Another One Bites The Dust). And his voice is too high for a man, so it can't be great.

First of all, Marvin Gaye is known as one of the greatest singers of all time for his work on soul and r&b music in the 70s. His big hits were "What's Going On" (which is almost universally hailed as one of the great songs of all time), "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" (there are 4 different Motown versions alone and Gaye's stood out enough to be hailed as the preminent version), "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology Song)", "Lets Get It On", "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)", and his duets with Tammi Terrell, including "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" and "Your Precious Love". Not one disco song among the bunch.

He has great vocal range, but his best vocals come with a high pitched voice--why is that bad? From Johnny Nash to backup singers in Sly and the Family Stone, high pitched male voices have been a part of R&B and funk music since the beginning of the genres.

As for sleeping, his music isn't exactly known for sleeping but what comes before it. The music is well suited to dancing and...other past times.

Dismissing Marvin Gaye as a disco artist is pretty ignorant.

AcrypT
Sexiest voice: never realy gave it any though... Sting maybe
Highest voice: The singer from Muse
Most annoying voice: The singer from The Darkness
All time best voice: off the top of my head I'd say I like the voice of Jon Bon Jovi

Vampy
I still take him as a disco artists. No matter how many songs you will name. I don't know, I use to listen to him due to my sister's harmless obsession, but I will just always think of him as disco.

And I just stated my personal opinion on his voice. Wouldn't make me sleep and further infrmation, though I'm sure it's very interesting, isn't needed.

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

True though yes

ElectricBugaloo
just make sure you don't go off spouting that Marvin Gaye is disco to knowledgable music fans; you will look bad.

in other news, I'm now considering Beastie Boys punk because of their songs "Egg Raid on Mojo" and "Beastie Boys"

eggmayo
ozzy!

shibbie720
whiny voice - good charlotte/simple plan
hardest - dave drainman/ozzy/mjk
grossest - mariah carey/all country
best forever & ever - CHESTER BENNINGTON

Sybil
OMFG...I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElectricBugaloo
Chester actually has as decent voice while singing, but doesn't have the vocal range to scream. His 'screams' are annoying because they are just so...off

startxthexmosh
umm i like Layne Staley of Alice in Chains.he's probably one of my favorites.and his voice is sexy.

koolruningz
No particular order or category: Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Skye Edwards (Morcheeba), Mary J Blige and Bono (younger years). I also really like Bob Marley and Ben Harpers voices. smokin'

Wost would have to be the majority of pop "artists" who need computers to make them sound even average and that Asian dude William Hung, who is just shit computers or not. sick :

Drumdude1167
All time best voice: the lord....Maynard James Keenan

Deathblow
I thought that until I saw them live. He sounds halfway decent on a few album tracks, but on stage he's an embarassment. Only time I've ever walked out of a free gig in my life.

04wayne
Celine Dion, Anastacia and Bono from U2

knight
Stevie Nicks
Freddie Mercury
Ray Davies
Marie Fredriksson

"It really is learn your lines and try to speak clearly"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/thekinks.jpg

Ladyluck
christina aguilera...i personally don't like her music but her voice is incredible...it's so powerful and strong...she has a great voice.

SeptemberRain
Originally posted by Deathblow
Sexiest voice: Female - Gwen Stefani. All those gaspy type noises she makes. Mhmm.

Male - Chino Moreno. I was actually physically aroused first time I heard him sing MX.

Most annoying voice: David Draiman. More than a little retarded.

Weirdest voice: Wayne Static. Or as I like to call him, angry bi-curious drunken sailor.

Most emotional voice Francis Mark - Kind of annoying at first, but jeese this guy knows how to whine with style. Love it.

Prettiest voice: Female - Cristina Scabbia. Too high-quality to go under sexiest voice. She could charm birds out of the trees, although it helps that she's...easy on the eyes shall we say.

Male - Maynard James Keenan/Daryl Palumbo. Can't decide between those two. Daryl has a tendency to go off on psycho screeching rants though, so I'd go with MJ. Just listen to 'A Stranger' cry

All time best voice: Robert Plant - Who else?

Hell yeah, Robert Plant for best voice evers

StinkFist462
Annoying- dude from The Darkness
Sexiest - Chino/Trent
High Pitched- Jimmy Urine, at times
Weirdest - Atom And His Package
Best- Maynard

HJ4CW
sexiest: Billie joe fuking armstrong how sexy can you get for just speakin your mind
highnest: justin the darkness and he really annoys me
most annooying: any pop music
best voice: i dnt like her but aretha franklin has a great voice

Darth Somebody
Sexiest Voice: Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)
Highest Voice: Steve Perry (Journey)
Lowest Voice: Dunno
Best Voice: Steve Perry (Journey) or Freddie Mercury (Queen)

khalla
Sexiest : Ville Valo (HIM)
Highest: Sonny Moore (From first to Last)
Annoying: Lindsay Lohan
Best: Bert Mckrancken (The Used)
Paul Simon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.