Pulp Fiction vs. Reservoir Dogs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cgtuna21
Honestly I think both movies are amazing and I'm obsessed with them, but for me I'd have to pick Pulp Fiction because of its mixed up scenes and excellent dialouge. Pulp Ficiton is also probably my favorite movie so ya Pulp Fiction wins the cake

What's your opinion??

<<Solo>>
Pulp Fiction is one of the best movies of all time in my opinion. Even thought Resevoir Dogs is great, it still doesn't stand a chance to Pulp Fiction.

Darth Sauron
Reserviour Dogs, easy yes

Dont question it, i demand you all change your opinion to fit with mine

MornGlory
that was a tough one - I like both movies tons!!

I picked Pulp Fiction though

you could of added Kill Bill to your poll and that horrible Vampire movie Tarentino did (sp??)

<<Solo>>
First off, From Dusk Till Dawn wasn't really even Tarantino's film. He just wrote the screenplay and had a small part in the movie. And it wasn't the slightest bit horrible.

T.M
^ took the words right out of my mouth.

MildPossession
From Dusk Till Dawn was just cool! fun film.

I go for Pulp Fiction, love all his films but that just tops them off.

eggmayo
pulp fiction all the way

T.M
reservoir dogs is a fantastic film but i had to pick pulp fiction because it is probably my favourite film ever

Wolfie
Though they are both great films, I would have to say Reservoir Dogs.

Imperial_Samura
Both great films, and vintage Tarantino, but Pulp Fiction would have to be the winner with its great script, direction, characterisation and so forth...

roundisfunny
I voted for PF because QT didn't let a larger budget and star power compromise his art. Unlike Kevin Smith, QT never had a sophomore slump (as far as movies over which he had creative control).

eggmayo
Yeah ^, I was amazed about that, most films with so many stars suck, yet Pulp manages to be a brilliant movie, while maintaining the stars.

cal31
Pulp Fiction no question. Reservoir Dogs is an overrated movie I think, but it still is a good one.

Evil Dead
yeah.....not his movie unless you count the facts that he wrote it, starred in it and helped his best friend direct it. Watch Full Tilt Boogie.........Rogriguez even says Tarantino probably deserved a directing credit somewhere on the film as much input as he put into directing.......

From Dusk till Dawn is great.........much better than Kill Bill and atleast a tie with Jackie Brown.

Res Dogs owns all other movies, Tarantino or otherwise.

Deathblow
Pulp Fiction is the best movie Quentin will ever make.

I prefer Jackie Brown & Kill Bill to From Dusk Till Dawn.

tabby999
in the end it comes to Pulp Fiction for me, the way the characters interact and the dialog is so unreal, he made magic happen people

Darth_Big_Boy
To me this is a no brainer.....Pulp Fiction all the way.

kazglastonbury
Pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, both by Tarantino both bloody amazing. cant compare them to eachother because they hit on completely different issues. if i were to go to my DVDs now, i would watch Pulp Fiction though. just coz it's great. has anyone noticed how all the clocks read about 20 past 8?

hayden's minx
gotta be the dogs sorry!
personal preference. big grin

tabby999
didn't the one in the kitchen during the "bonnie situation" read something else, i knew they all held a similar time though

moviejunkie23
hey lets face it quint fans pulp had more going for it all the way around. Quint finished a movie and was well adjusted after dogs so he could make a masterpiece like pulp fiction. Dogs is still great thought just not a master piece like pulp fiction. That movie has the greatest lines a movie fan can ask for. I loved the example ealier about Jules talking about why he does not eat pi products stick out tongue

matt wachnicki
Lets face it. Both films kick unrivaled ass. Personaly I prefer Reservoir Dogs. It is definately my favorite movie. I can honestly say that with out a problem I can repeat the entire movies dialouge word by word. Even though I feel this strongly about Dogs, I'd have to say (I'll probably kill myself later for saying this) that Pulp fiction is a superior film. Its dialouge and intensity is without question and the following that this film has produced is amazing. So even though I personaly prefer Reservoir Dogs I'll have to go with the majority and vote for Pulp Fiction.

Machete_Guy
I like PF a tny bit more then RD

furryman
same here
I find it more watchable, but that's just me

Nevermind
I'll proabbly have to watch Pulp fiction again, because I've only seen it once and I've seen Reservoir dogs a million times, there was a point were I prefered Pulp Fiction, but that has passed. By far Reservoir Dogs is my favourite film, not just out of the two but of all time. I love every aspect of that film. Madonna Speech, Cutting off the cop's ear and the artisic vaule of the commode story is incomprehensible. I'll proabbly see pulp fiction again and change my mind but until then RD it is.

Dresta
Originally posted by Solo
First off, From Dusk Till Dawn wasn't really even Tarantino's film. He just wrote the screenplay and had a small part in the movie. And it wasn't the slightest bit horrible.

yeah, form dusk till dawn was a pretty good film it was pretty funny and had some good action. Also it was directed by Robert Rodriguez.

Mr. Brown
Pulp Fiction

eggmayo
Damn it I love both!
Then again I love most things affiliated in any way with QT.

Mandorallen
They are both amazing, so, my decision goes to me......

........I MEAN BOTH!!!

GreenFist
you should have added Jackie Brown another GREAT movie

Hartigan
It has to be Reservoir Dogs, the movie that made Tarantino. Pulp Fiction was only alright, he should have cast Michael Madsen instead of John Travolta, but I guess that is neither here nor there.

fro
reservoir dogs is great however pulp fiction is a work of genius. i strongly dis agree with hartigan as i think john travolta was grat as vincent.

just to add to all the talk, dusk till dawn is great even if quentin didnt direct it he made it with his charecter

Elm_Psycho1428
...I just started watchin QT movies coupla weeks ago...and I Pulp Fiction is a pretty good film too....Im gonna rent it first....its rated R as I saw and says a lotta reasons for it...im not gonna go into that....should it really b rated R or theyre just overreacting again?? cuz in some movies its not even like that and still rated R....so just wondering so my parents would lemme rent it ;D

Elm_Psycho1428
and I *hear* Pulp Fiction

Solo
Originally posted by Elm_Psycho1428
...I just started watchin QT movies coupla weeks ago...and I Pulp Fiction is a pretty good film too....Im gonna rent it first....its rated R as I saw and says a lotta reasons for it...im not gonna go into that....should it really b rated R or theyre just overreacting again?? cuz in some movies its not even like that and still rated R....so just wondering so my parents would lemme rent it ;D
It was going to be NC-17 for awhile.

The only real reason I can think of why it's rated R, is because of:
Strong Language
Drug Content

MPAA overreacted big time with the violence though.

DarkWizard
*looks on back of Pulp fiction DVD*

"Strong Graphic Violence"?

All I can think of is:

-Vincent Getting shot to hell
-Butch and Wallace getting bloodied up
-"I Shot Marvin in the face" - tons of blood there
-The Hit in the beggining

Let's not forget the 'Rape' and The talk of the Womans Clit.

Impediment
Reservoir Dogs. Michael Madsen did phenomenal as Mr. Blonde.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Impediment
Reservoir Dogs. Michael Madsen did phenomenal as Mr. Blonde.

Who wasn't phenomenal in their role?

Solo
Originally posted by DarkWizard

-Vincent Getting shot to hell
-Butch and Wallace getting bloodied up
-"I Shot Marvin in the face" - tons of blood there
-The Hit in the beggining

None of those are actually graphic.

Impediment
Originally posted by Nevermind
Who wasn't phenomenal in their role?
Dually noted. I, personally, think that Madsen stole the movie, though, with his great quotes and one-liners, and his lovely scene with Officer Nash.

DarkWizard
They each had their own Acting Style.

Making the Movie all the better.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Impediment
Dually noted. I, personally, think that Madsen stole the movie, though, with his great quotes and one-liners, and his lovely scene with Officer Nash.

You make an excellent point. Can't argue with you there.

Nevermind
Originally posted by DarkWizard
They each had their own Acting Style.

Making the Movie all the better.

I agree 100%.

SteveNi
I think that reservoir dogs is the best movie of the two. It has a good story and it takes you to watch it a few times to totaly understand it. Roll on the game

Bardock42
For me Reservoir Dogs takes it...but it is close. I just enjoyed Reservoir Dogs more for some reason.

sithsaber408
Pulp Fiction, but just by a butt-hair. stick out tongue

rockycairns
Pulp Fiction for me the performances in that film were awesome i especially like Tim Roth has Pumpkin in this film his performance is spectacular as is John Travolta and Samual L Jackson Bruce Willis, Ving Rhames and Uma Thurman are good as well and is the support by Harvey Keitel, Christopher Walken and the man himself Quentin Tarantino

omaga
Originally posted by cgtuna21
Honestly I think both movies are amazing and I'm obsessed with them, but for me I'd have to pick Pulp Fiction because of its mixed up scenes and excellent dialouge. Pulp Ficiton is also probably my favorite movie so ya Pulp Fiction wins the cake

What's your opinion??

Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

Leroydude23
ht tp : // w w w . yo utu be . com / watch ? v = YG XN7 X2 OX6I

WATCCH AND GIVE FEEDBACK PLEASEEEE

( i put spaces so i could have a URL, delete all spaces

Leroydude23
h ttp:/ /ww w. you tube.com /wat ch? v=kc U_ _71 JxzI

THIS IS A BETTER VERSOION OF MY VIDEO

SnakeEyes
Alright, I've never seen Pulp Fiction, but I just got done seeing Reservoir Dogs for the first time and I can't really see why everyone thought it was so great... I mean, the acting was very good, but as for the film itself, I don't see why it was really above average.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.