-=- Theories for Half Lifeģ ? -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CraSh OveRloaD
Well, because of the "Slow teletransportion" that happened, I think it will actually be more of a time travel machine sort of thing.

But as for the actuall story line, I think that Gordon Is Going to Mess Up something accidently

(as now he HAS to work for the G-man's Superious (or so I was lead to beleive) ) And the what happens is not good, then, People from the futr, (probly Dr. Klein with Calhoun)

But from an alternate Universe along the same timeline, yet split, Come and Get Freeman and show him the good futur,

(Sorta like in Ecco The Dolphin 2: Tides of time or Back to the futur 2) And He Hopes from Reality to Reality, one, Dominated By the Xen blob and Combine, the other being where the combine has been defeated, and at one point, because of his time / universe hoping everything gets really messed up, so he has to go back to the exact moment (and decision / actions) that created the time split, and set it all right,

I think that the ending would be pretty cool if he ends up doing not either a futur where everything is all good, or everything is all bad, but a futur that is somewhere in the middle, where Combine / Xen / Humans live together, where theya re forced to live together, maybe becasue of a body fuse or seomthign?

Where they are hosts to each otehr? Such as the Humans can not lvie without there combine part, and the Combine can not live without there human part.

So yeah, that would be pretty cool in my oppinion, hope you follow and understood.. or at least even READ it...

CraSh OveRloaD
By the Way, for thoes of you who missed it, This is the Big Xen Blob I was talking about:

Lord_Andres
I beaten the game, but I'm VERY confused, to many unanswerd quastions, who is ah whats his name? the boss of the citedel, talking too just in the begining when you get transported to his office, and just before the end well about 5mins earlyer, after you escape that cage thing, and you and alyx run after him, find him infron tof a comp, he was talking to someone before he found out you whare behind him, and whats the Xen blob do????

CraSh OveRloaD
http://members.shaw.ca/storage_4/hl2story/

Lord_Andres
thx that helped alot!

Wolf Dog
These are just theories right?

CraSh OveRloaD
Eccept for the timeline, Yes.

Samas-adian
I think the timeline is a theory also.

CraSh OveRloaD
But that means its a theorie of what already happened and what you played through.

Samas-adian
Everything is purely speculation. But its a very good speculation. The only that was true is what happened with Half Life and Half Life 2.

CraSh OveRloaD

ChickinMeat
man that was a weird ending, just completed it 5minutes ago.

i dont know what to say about a theory for HL3. G-Man says his bosses want to employ you right? but thats exactly what he said at the end of the original, so has HL2 also been a job from the bosses, or was it another test or some shit.

what annoyed me more was that gordon didnt get the chick, poor gordon!

EDIT: from reading the timeline, maybe the big "xen blob" is the combine overlord?

Samas-adian
Oh, gorden will diffently get the chick.

I dont know what will happen. The article was very interesting but its just one writer's view of events.

What im hoping is that when Gordon re-awakens, the whole world is destroyed or something, or taking over by headcrabs. I just want something different. But i know it will be good anyways.

ChickinMeat
he'll hit it wink evil face

CraSh OveRloaD

ChickinMeat
that could be pretty cool, they could have there own individual paths and the cross over at certain parts of the game. except if your playing alyx, and you met up with gordon, the dialogue wouldnt be that interesting!

CraSh OveRloaD
HOPEFULLY it won't be the same as Enter The MAtrix, THAT was a MAJOR waste of monmey.

ChickinMeat
never played that game, i saw bits of it though, looked like a rushed job.

CraSh OveRloaD
Rush Job? RUSHED JOB!? I put the graphics up to the highest and the Wheels Where SQUARE!!!! Not only that, But The physics engine decided it was going to use the square wheels and everything was bumpy, liek a bumpy ride as thougth I was going oevr thousands of pot holes.

The bot Paths SUCKED, There was Z-Fighting EVERYWHERE (2 textures supper imposed trying to be drawn at the same time) The Lighting was off,

They sued the sAme maps (or almost) for both Niobe and Ghost, They have no seperate Abilities. And you either just used the guns or went out and killed people with your Martial Arts... (because you either got hooekd to one or another) It takes 4 CDs to install, btu the game is Short (REALLY short) and the graphics SUCK (concidering otehr agmes that came out before it used LESS disk space and the graphics where just as nice) Heck it was only done for money.

Althougth I can't say everything abd about something, So here i go for the good stuff: They Filmed Jeda Pinket French Kissing Monica Bellucci.

But Enough for ETM for now...

ChickinMeat
i imagine that would be worth all the money just in itself! evil face

Ushgarak
That guide makea an assumption that 'The Combine' is some form of third interstellar power, to which the G-Man is in resistance. I really don't think that; I think we just have the two worlds to worry about.

CraSh OveRloaD
Well I really think the G-Man is on Gordon's Side, Because In the Begining, in "Rout Cannal" Rigth after that Amazing Fight With the Trains and all knocking over the Street Sweepers And such, You go notop of a fallen Train Cab, and drop in there, you See a rebel, and His Vortigon Friend, The Vorti. Is using electricity to power a T.V., on the T.V. is the G-man, Probly giving them instructions to help Freeman... But that is only if you beleive in the Timeline Guide.

Wolf Dog
its pretty convincing with all the screenshots. Especially the one with the Newspaper headlines. Well just have to wait for HL3 though.

Ushgarak
'Side' is too strong, I think., He'a making use of Freeman, just as he always was.

But- and I know G-Man obivously using Freeman as a weapon against Breen obviously looks odd in face of this- I was always pretty sure G-Man is one of THEM (not an alien (though that is possible), but one of the bad guys). Just that the bad guys have a certain amount of politics. G-Man intervened at Black Mesa to make sure Freeman and Sheperd achieved certain things (didn't seem to give a toss about Barney... fair enough), but I don't think he ever wanted them to fight what was happening.

Breen seems very clued up about what happened to Freeman after Mesa... though his comments suggest he didn't know that Freeman had gone off-world. That aside, I don't see how Breen would know this if Freeman is some sort of secret resistance weapon.

I think the key clues are those alien comments the writer of that page could not integrate into his timeline. I'd be interested to know what they are.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Well I just beat the game and boy I am confuse but that timelne and all the other stuff on that one site really help.

Samas-adian
I feel they're is no way to tell what the hell is going on until the Half-Life series is concluded. I think that everything will be wrapped up in the end similar to a mystery novel or a mystery crime movie.

BackFire
Unfortunately that's true. I say unfortunately because as long as teh games keep making money they will never stop making them, thus, we will never get answers (or at least not for a very long time).

Samas-adian
True. But atleast Valve makes the game very fun and exicting so that in the future, we're still buying it for the gameplay and not just to see what the hell actually happened.

Ushgarak
I dunno, HL2 was good but I never felt quite as engaged by the whole scenario as I did wandering around Black Mesa in the original. I felt too detatched and aimless.

BackFire
I have to agree, Ush. I felt the same way.

THe gameplay and atmosphere was outstanding, but the story left something to be desired and as such did leave a feeling of detachment.

Awesome game though.

Wolf Dog
I think thats what valve was aiming for.
Best Game Ever.

ZomBiE_HunTER
You guys think its going to be another six years for number three to come out?

Samas-adian
The story was a letdown as was in the original.

frodo34x
Plus, its kinda fun just punching some police officers for stress relief.

combet
It would be a new angle if, at the start of half life 3 it went back to when the g-man offers you the job on the train. Except this time you automatically say no, and when he sends you to all those sentinals some slaves rebel and save you somehow.

Wolflet
i bet erm

Machete_Guy
Its the same guy! G-man? Gordan-man? Him in the future.

Wolflet
Thats wut people say, Machete....i say no though...cant be...even though they kinda do look alike...

Smasandian
I dont think G-Man is Gordon Freeman in the future. First off, I dont think G-Man is actually human let alone Gordon. I believe he is a recruiter/ controller using Gordon as intersteller mercenary for G-Man's unknown employer's.

Machete_Guy
Yeah actually thats abit more believable. But i still dont understand the ending of HL2......i mean.........what happened to everyone?

Wolflet
i guess they all die...confused

Machete_Guy
Yeah....confused.....but....what about you? Gordon?

Smasandian
I dont think they died. There's rumors about Alyx being a used as a playable character in the next game. But its all rumors.

Wolflet
G-man stops time and puts Gordon back to sleep...i guess

BackFire
I think all of the games are going to end up all being simply a virtual training exercise for black mesa that Gordon is taking.

Smasandian
Wouldnt be surpraised.

Machete_Guy
Yeah...because City 17 seems so surreal

combet
think they'll make an opposing force type expansion, where you're a human combine bringing it down from the inside? Or something like that.

Machete_Guy
Nah, its to big for an expansion.

BackFire
I don't think so, I'm willing to bet they'll release an expansion set.

Machete_Guy
Isnt that abit unlike valve? They want to hold suspence, and not just bring out bits and bits at a time. I think they want to make a trilogy, and a far apart one, like The Terminators.

Smasandian
Well they released two expansions for Half Life. They said they will have an expansion already in the works. It would be probably be an rebel fighter or something.
What would be really cool in the expansion, if they did a game before Gordon shows up and tell you the main story on how the Combine actually take over the world. I would find that really interesting.

Machete_Guy
I never knew about expansions for HL1

Smasandian
Blue Shift and Opposing Forces.

Never played Blue Shift, which added high defintion characters and was played from Barney's perspective.

Opposing Forces which was the best expansion pack of that year, was played behind a commando left behind. The game rocks. It added a couple of new weapons, a barnacle grapple beam, a sniper rifle and also was a second perspective to Gordon's viewpoint. Example. The part where Gordon jumps in the teleport for his trip to Zen, you actually see him jumping.

combet
Blue shift was pretty stupid, at least with opposing force there were new enemies, weapons and I thought it was very clever when you visit places that gordon goes. In blue shift, the basis of the gameplay was mostly precision jumping (Which sux).

If they do make an expansion to HL2, it better have new weapons and enemies.

Smasandian
Probably. I really dont care about weapons or new enemies. I want to see more story. Thats it. More story and great gameplay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.